bPak.GalticAmmo.ParentAmmo

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Barbie
Godlike

bPak.GalticAmmo.ParentAmmo

Post by Barbie »

Recently I installed the map "MH-KillThemAll[SPG]" that contains "GalticAmmo" of package "bPak". My server's base mutator replaces instances of class "WarheadAmmo" (and only this, no sub classes), and I noticed strange inventory behaviour (no team translocator, no double jump, no ammo indicator and so on) after picking up a GalticAmmo. I inspected "bPak.GalticAmmo" and found that the ammo property "ParentAmmo" is set to "Class'Botpack.WarHeadAmmo'" there - this causes the error, because "Ammo.SpawnCopy()" spawns "ParentAmmo", if it is set.

From what I have seen in default Ammo classes the meaning of "ParentAmmo" is, that it is the specific ammo type for a weapon. The current ammo, that has a none empty ParentAmmo, may have a different AmmoAmount or such (for example see the combo FlakCannon/FlakBox/FlakShellAmmo).
In this sense setting "bPak.GalticAmmo.ParentAmmo" to "Class'Botpack.WarHeadAmmo'" is wrong.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Re: bPak.GalticAmmo.ParentAmmo

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

It is amazing the amount of horrible made maps there are for MH. I have many bad maps I need to remove from my playground like Nels would say but finding the time to go through all of them is another deal. Thanks for the info Barbie.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote:It is amazing the amount of horrible made maps there are for MH.
In this case the package "bPak.u" is responsible for this. The map seems ok technically, only looks horrible. ^^
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Barbie wrote:In this case the package "bPak.u" is responsible for this.
I think Nelsona(aka sektor2111) has already said that original bPak.u is crap and has only solution for server conformed file.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Several things can be pre-patched - yeah, another pre-patch before real patch. If you don't know what I mean then I'll explain what I'll try.
1) First problem, remove bStatic from Inventories - ANY.
2) Attack their properties
3) Replace them as needed - OR NOT - by simply loving some default property you can return things at normality ignoring default animality from BPak. For me "parent ammo" has a logic in this case, because YES, this is a child of WarHeadAmmo.
4) Have fun with all these, write in remarks whatever you think is needed.