MH-CMC-PartyCrashers - T's Official cmc topic.

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: MH-CMC-PartyCrashers - T's Official cmc topic.

Post by OjitroC »

Barbie wrote:
MovableMinigunCannon MH-CMC-PartyCrashers2.MovableMinigunCannon6 (Function Botpack.MinigunCannon.ActiveCannon.Timer:0046) Accessed None
MovableMinigunCannon MH-CMC-PartyCrashers2.MovableMinigunCannon6 (Function Botpack.MinigunCannon.Shoot:0112) Accessed None
I guess this happens if MinigunCannon.Enemie==None (Pawn might be dead or does not exist any more), because a check for this case is not done in the stock code but happily accessed that variable.
Don't know if this of any use to you but I got hundreds of those lines in my UT log - by then I was the only Player or Pawn left in the map - is it possible it is to do with the MiniGunCannon not being able to 'see' the 'enemy' as I was in the buildings or out of the direct line of sight/fire of the MiniGunCannons for periods of time.
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

I will update the map, after some more input has been given and faced the facts, that I did forget to configure some things......

Use fog they said.. will be fun they said.... :pfff:

Again it will be mainly a offline map, online will be produced later. :highfive:
This member can only post when permitted.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Map/Chaos probably are pushing me to subclass all Chaos into something more MH like.
First time I though that solving placement problem of items is the main issue but I fired proxymine types around monsters...
I made a mutator for this mutator, LOL, but I'm not sure if is enough for MH, the rest of games have no problems (if monsters are not used of course).
I'm not gonna ask experts what's going on when such stuff is facing a cannon or a FortStandard (used in matches as I know so far)... because this mod has no support for such stuff (poor rabbits... and the rest of custom things...).

I believe conformal of original into a different one + another helper mutator will be the answer for MH problems.

As for the rest of "bits" from this map - I'll get busy another time:
- a brush doesn't need to be triggered;
- collisions of those triggers perhaps have another way;
- those "Cannons" have to be turned into true cannons and not what they are;
- those mortarspawners which doesn't spawn mortars - I must see them if they have a meaning ON-LINE testing of course;
- I'll check what 5 IntroDudes are there - screwed things doesn't help.

Next year I think I'll have MH+Chaos Clean - if everything will be good toward my machines, my health state and the rest of possible factors which can stop me.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Another comment on the ChaosUT mod which is relevant to this map and which I have alluded to before. I refer to a situation that occurs with ChaosUT replacing default UT stuff and weapons set to stay. The Enforcer - ChaosUT doesn't replace the Enforcer but it does replace its ammo. The minigun ammo is swapped for the various types of CAS12 shells. This means that, unless the map has enforcer clips (and I have no idea if ChaosUT swaps these for anything), there will be no ammo for the Enforcer in the map.

OK, this may not be that important - except in those situations in a map, such as this one, where the Enforcer is the only weapon available for a particular part of the map.

It is curious that this wasn't thought out more fully in the production of the Chaos mod. Why have a weapon for which there will be no ammo once the initial load (60?) is expended?

Best practice then is probably NOT to have weapons set to stay - though this raises the issue of weapon availability where there are muliple Players/Bot playing a map.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

OjitroC wrote:It is curious that this wasn't thought out more fully in the production of the Chaos mod. Why have a weapon for which there will be no ammo once the initial load (60?) is expended?
But this mod was officially recognized as a great thing - having even a Credits(.utx)... Good observation after all.
Sitting down and thinking I really don't know this sorting criteria of mod's appreciations since it proves way too many flaws... Here I must think well how to deal with this problem...

Aside, I have tested map and I could see some strange Bot behavior at Lift. ONCE AGAIN - Lift is bad pathed even if a graph lousy type tutorial is here + stock map samples are also relevant
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12327#p99219
By using NONE as LiftTag Bots are working by Accident not because those are good paths. The rest are a bit more or less nasty (when Bot is pushing grid to get redeemer - bad spot). In exchange exist chances to work if Bot can get over lift (like at lottery) and then it works for the rest of map.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Sitting down and thinking I really don't know this sorting criteria of mod's appreciations since it proves way too many flaws....
In my humble opinion, the first flaw to sort out is the borked collision cylinders and Z LocationOffsets of the ammo and weapons - not, of course, that I could do that but I'm sure you can. At least that would prevent the ubiquitous problem of stuff falling out of the world/buried in the floor.

As regards the Lift - in a couple of games, I just couldn't get it to go up, though it did in other games. Once you have gone up on it, there is no way to 'call it' back up in order to get down - perhaps this is deliberate?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

This map would work great with standard weapons, or nearly any other weaponpack.

Problem with Choas is not all the weapons swapped actually do anything to monsters.
· Proxy mines bouncing around not targeting anything.
· Poison arrows damage monsters but don't noticeably poison them.

As stated, this map would work best with any other weaponpack, but it seems to be a solid enough map so no complaint there.
Attachments
Shot0126.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote:This map would work great with standard weapons, or nearly any other weaponpack.
It's a very enjoyable map - I've played it loads of times now - did play once with CSS weapons and that was OK, but too easy really because of the effectiveness of those weapons.

Your screenshot shows a Player or Bot with a score of -6 - how come?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote:Your screenshot shows a Player or Bot with a score of -6 - how come?
Players and bots lose points when they get killed by monsters.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

updated, check the first post for details....

since I do not have the time / energy to make every perfect before the deadline, consider this version final....
Unless there is need for an emergency update...

Enjoy. :tongue:
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

Added a short promotion video to topic as well. Recorded clips a few weeks ago, might as well use them right?

See first post.

It still has the fog and all that, but you get the idea. :thuup:

A big thanks to my CAT ( Noortje "Purr Purr the CAT ) for inspiring me, and giving me motivation to go on and on after being tired of work. It is done.

Guys, where is the rest of you guys? I see WAY TO LESS CMC TOPICS. Friday is DOOMSDAY.
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

Terraniux wrote: Guys, where is the rest of you guys? I see WAY TO LESS CMC TOPICS. Friday is DOOMSDAY.
There seems to be 6 topics, but 12 registered mappers in the contest. Let's hope...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Given the fixing attempt to MH-Chaos like gaming and using this map as a testing ground, first I went to remove useless stuff (triggers with no target) lift pathed properly and with normal movement speed, removal of some nodes (way too many nearby spawnpoints), etc. The rest of problems caused by Chaos will require a "chaosification" work aside from maps. Of course, mortar is... nvm, that can be adjusted too...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

@Barbie
Cough, MovableCannons using default codes have no compatibility here. There is no brush guilty for those errors. The problem is THE IDEA, you can read again - now you can happily patch your own stuff in a new version of MapPatcher.

What exactly happens ? Cannons and Mortars are sitting in a separate room for not being visible. Then Killer-Cat is coming in arena. During this time it passes through the void. FOR SAKE UE1 doesn't spawn NOTHING like a projectile into the void, but nothing colliding world and actors. Results translated into english are closer to these:
- spawn projectile - followed by Actor-spawn events chain - result invalid area, get rid of it = None;
- None move there, None you have this speed, None you will do this damage. Have fun there.

We have a fascinating deal with None because when I'm speaking about adding sanity checkers nobody is listening and no one cares doing the default mess a la Epic - good, keep going.
We have... options:
- Moving "garage" area very close to play-area for quickly passing through 1-2 UU void - under 1 second;
- Use mortars and cannons with sanity checkers - do not spawn crap into void or get control at projectiles launching moment.

For sure map which I will add for playing, will have stuff NET READY and no borks like these.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:The problem is THE IDEA
As I wrote in my initially posting: Improvements are welcome. I'm looking forward to your solution.

Furthermore I offered my help for fixing this issues several times, but got no answer. I really don't run after giving someone my help.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett