LavaBoots

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

LavaBoots

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

After a while I am releasing another mod that got created during the production of the UPSX Rework.

I know this one might seem a little gimmicky, but it is the LavaBoots that was once in Unreal, except made now properly with new skin and all that.

Download here

We made sure that these can at least be used in one regular map with shallow lava: Dig.

Though normally the invisible lava was a little bit too high so this is just a hardcoded exception.

Normally in other maps the sheet has to be a little lower so it does reach player's boot height.
You can test this by placing malethree in the editor to see where his boots reach for example, to determine how you should have the shallow lava in your maps as maximum.

Hope you enjoy!

NOTE FOR UT:
The footstep alterations won't work in UT unless you play with one of the UnrealIPlayer classes.

EDIT: I might make an update later that will make it work fine with TournamentPlayer classes. Thing is I forgot how to use the GetPropertyText/SetPropertyText for UT specifically and I know that the syntax/fine workings of it are different across versions, making it a little more difficult to keep the compatibility but since that won't matter with Unreal, I just need the correct use of setpropertytext to do this for UT alone.

I wish I still had ECoop from loathsomes. I can't play online now so unless someone sends me ecoop from his cache...it has the syntax/correct use I need for this.
EDIT2: Nevermind I figured it out. Won't need ECoop.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Re: LavaBoots

Post by makemeunreal »

Thanks for your work!
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

NP.

Mod updated. Link stayed the same. Additional trouble thanks to Tim Sweeney (txt).

Net conformed and for tournamentplayer users just copy BotpackLavaBoots in your system. You still need LavaBoots, it will get automatically linked if you use tournamentplayer.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Nice that you continue messing with this stuff Leo.

I will take a look at these boots. (Still using the UPSXDragons on a couple of my servers... :tu: )

Shoot me a PM if you still want a copy of the ECoop.u file.
blarg
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Well I suppose I wouldn't mind, especially given that I can't play online now.

Has it even been updated since like 2011 or something? I mean I didn't see AFCore around for so long.

And I never got a word on why 3 stopped his server, despite there being new maps added to it.