HELP!

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Slider
Average

HELP!

Post by Slider »

Hello everyone.
NiX here :)

Im back after a long break and ofc started another map for sniping camping. I spend my week with creating this map and i almost done it, and now after a PC restart my map is gone. if i try to load in the editor a huge nothing welcomes me. me whole works is gone. I renamed my map with a DM- tag to check out what is missing. a file or something. but no. it says : "Failed launching URL Failed to Find object: Level None.Mylevel"

anybody knows what the F*k is this???????????????
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: HELP!

Post by papercoffee »

You mean that niX? memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=20
When you open the map in the Editor what says the log
logggg.png
logggg.png (3.28 KiB) Viewed 976 times
Slider
Average

Post by Slider »

Erm.. i dont know who is that but thats not me... stolen my name... {ESG]*NiX* here. someone knows me in my old nick as [DIE16]Slider.
Theres is looks like nothing to do with the log. the map works sometimes. and sometimes not. i dont know whats happening with my editor....

--edit by UnrealGGecko--

i had this problem 2 times today.
Last edited by UnrealGGecko on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please avoid using double-posts, use the edit button.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Slider wrote:Failed to Find object: Level None.Mylevel"
So I'm not the only one?
Sounds like what's happening to me: https://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12423
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Maybe the Rescue Operations helps...

Furthermore a suggestion for the future: Before I start editing a map, I make a copy, add the current date to the file name and move the file into a separate folder.
Attachments
MapBackups.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

Barbie wrote: Furthermore a suggestion for the future: Before I start editing a map, I make a copy, add the current date to the file name and move the file into a separate folder.
Or just use proper version control (Git, Subversion or other). :mrgreen:

Having that said, currently I simply have 5 versions of the map I am currently working on and I save to the next version in each "milestone". The version control is done through dropbox, with a secondary working backup in mediafire.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

This. *ALWAYS* version forward, never trust ed to keep any sort of backup because it's like a crazy girlfriend. When it's good you are fine and enjoying yourself but when it goes bad you end up with that "WTF!" face.
So long, and thanks for all the fish