FerBotz (new AI, XCGE release 20)

sektor2111
Godlike

Re: FerBotz (new AI, XCGE release 20)

Post by sektor2111 »

How can I check ReachFlags on a Navigation network in whatever spot ? Exist a solution at this point ? EditActor doesn't show too many details...
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

So curious about these bots.

Keep running against the same problem for a while now unfortunatly.
I hope somebody here can point me to the right direction.

As soon as a player enters the server, the player will get kicked by UTPure:
Issue remains persistent when set to false:

[UltimateNewNetv0_9_Beta.PureStat]
bEnabled=False

All the windows files moved to 'system' folder.
Iam on XC_Core 7b and Engine 20 release.
The server is running UltimateNewNet0_9_Beta.

UnrealTournament.ini:
GameEngine=XC_Engine.XC_GameEngine
NetworkDevice=XC_IpDrv.XC_TcpNetDriver
Paths=../System/Botz/*.u

mutator=FerBotz.BotzMutator

-No ServerPackages loaded in UnrealTournament.ini.

Code: Select all

2017-10-01 22:06.38 UTPureCheat: esnesi` () had an impurity (BL - B
ad Lighting!)
[/code]

I can join as spectator.. not as player.
UTPure only seems to trigger me when i use FerBotz on the server.
Went searching in this topic.. seems that iam the first to have this kick issue with this.
Last edited by esnesi on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Post by UTNerd24 »

I dont mean to hold a grudge or anything, but if you can make this bots selectable from the bot list, Im sold.
MBots did it, so Im sure Ferbotz can too.
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Post by SilverSound »

UTNerd24 wrote:I dont mean to hold a grudge or anything, but if you can make this bots selectable from the bot list, Im sold.
MBots did it, so Im sure Ferbotz can too.
Yeah a fleshed out menu for bot customization would be probably the best update you could ever make to this. Please try this out if you can. :(

Adding and editing your own bots as it is, is the most pain in the butt way possible. :omfg:
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Some light for ya, guys.
Botz are Pawns.
MBots are Bots.
By selecting Bots from any Bot menu you'll get BOT types and their child classes not other Pawns, and not without hacking that menu - "BotConfigType" has the main target Bot classes and not other things, and DM game is loading any BOT types, and not even old Bots, and not other child classes of Pawn. This is default UT.
SilverSound
Adept

Post by SilverSound »

sektor2111 wrote:Some light for ya, guys.
Botz are Pawns.
MBots are Bots.
By selecting Bots from any Bot menu you'll get BOT types and their child classes not other Pawns, and not without hacking that menu - "BotConfigType" has the main target Bot classes and not other things, and DM game is loading any BOT types, and not even old Bots, and not other child classes of Pawn. This is default UT.
I use your bots for mostly everything and that's all fine and dandy, But....They can't play Siege. That was my whole reason to playing around with these ferbotz.

(yeah I know....You can just join a server But I really want to play a few in a bot game. That's the dreaaammm)

Edit:I also just realized what you meant. These ferbotz can't easly be added to a menu. Because they are not a child of bots. They are a child of pawn.

Makes sense, but I'm sure there is a way around this by adding a menu somewhere else. It's just the ability to edit these botz easily. Adding them isn't that big of a deal.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

SilverSound wrote:But....They can't play Siege. That was my whole reason to playing around with these ferbotz.
Because Siege doesn't include Bot code as CTF and others.
Bot and child classes are ready to follow directives coming from game controller not taking decisions by themselves allowing modding as required.
SilverSound
Adept

Post by SilverSound »

sektor2111 wrote:
SilverSound wrote:But....They can't play Siege. That was my whole reason to playing around with these ferbotz.
Because Siege doesn't include Bot code as CTF and others.
Bot and child classes are ready to follow directives coming from game controller not taking decisions by themselves allowing modding as required.
How hard would you say it would be to code that? For siege....? It's probably the most complex to code for bot behavior.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I wrote a bot controller for MMGame having... NOTHING - of course there are troubles with default monsters coming from Factory not with Bot - a long time work is required toward monsters.
By figuring how do Siege is supposed to be played, I'm guessing Bot can be schooled at least to assist player and attack in a sudden moment when number of buildings from Team is reaching at certain value. Counting things and telling at Bot what to do is not a Rocket Science.

We have a single problem: "mappers" making sh!t levels without paths linking bases. Here only Botz mutator can do some deals and then... we can use ferbotz if we have to load that mutator for tweaking run-time pathing. Last time I did paths even in my testing unreleased Levels where are not that relevant (consider it as my default mapping reflex).

The little problem of this Mutator is the additional work required around it - I did not see anyone talking about this. Pathing File is not done automated by mutator - mutator do only loads this file and it's dropping new paths in Level, this file it's done by user/admin, right in Level not in Editor, so it will require some work, some considerations, and to mention that I did not fully understand if you can get rid of a rammed PathNode which was placed originally in map, also if it's possible pointing an original node into a bOneWayPath and turning it accordingly... Eh... Editor is Editor (aka Map_Maker or whatever). Other Levels need some triggers, customized things and these are doable only by using different map-patcher - another work, another century spent for tweaking all crap.
esnesi
Godlike

Post by esnesi »

iSenSe wrote:So curious about these bots.

Keep running against the same problem for a while now unfortunatly.
I hope somebody here can point me to the right direction.

As soon as a player enters the server, the player will get kicked by UTPure:
Issue remains persistent when set to false:

[UltimateNewNetv0_9_Beta.PureStat]
bEnabled=False

All the windows files moved to 'system' folder.
Iam on XC_Core 7b and Engine 20 release.
The server is running UltimateNewNet0_9_Beta.

UnrealTournament.ini:
GameEngine=XC_Engine.XC_GameEngine
NetworkDevice=XC_IpDrv.XC_TcpNetDriver
Paths=../System/Botz/*.u

-No ServerPackages loaded in UnrealTournament.ini.

Code: Select all

2017-10-01 22:06.38 UTPureCheat: esnesi` () had an impurity (BL - Bad Lighting!)
[/code]

I can join as spectator.. not as player.
UTPure only seems to trigger me when i use FerBotz on the server.
Went searching in this topic.. seems that iam the first to have this kick issue with this.

Would love to get an answer on this one.
Tested with every NewNet available.
Last edited by esnesi on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

If you load FerBotz, but keep bot count at 0. Do the kicks occur?
esnesi
Godlike

Post by esnesi »

Higor wrote:If you load FerBotz, but keep bot count at 0. Do the kicks occur?
Thanks for your reply. :)

Game starts with bot count at 0.
As soon as i add FerBotz (Mutate Addbotz)i get kicked from the session with the above stated error from UTPure.
This happens also when iam in spectate mode.

iam aware this might or can be a (ultimate)NewNet issue.

* edit, admin from UltimateUT (Deepu) is trying to re-create this problem by starting from scratch.
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Post by Deepu »

sektor2111 wrote:I wrote a bot controller for MMGame having... NOTHING - of course there are troubles with default monsters coming from Factory not with Bot - a long time work is required toward monsters.
By figuring how do Siege is supposed to be played, I'm guessing Bot can be schooled at least to assist player and attack in a sudden moment when number of buildings from Team is reaching at certain value. Counting things and telling at Bot what to do is not a Rocket Science.

We have a single problem: "mappers" making sh!t levels without paths linking bases. Here only Botz mutator can do some deals and then... we can use ferbotz if we have to load that mutator for tweaking run-time pathing. Last time I did paths even in my testing unreleased Levels where are not that relevant (consider it as my default mapping reflex).

The little problem of this Mutator is the additional work required around it - I did not see anyone talking about this. Pathing File is not done automated by mutator - mutator do only loads this file and it's dropping new paths in Level, this file it's done by user/admin, right in Level not in Editor, so it will require some work, some considerations, and to mention that I did not fully understand if you can get rid of a rammed PathNode which was placed originally in map, also if it's possible pointing an original node into a bOneWayPath and turning it accordingly... Eh... Editor is Editor (aka Map_Maker or whatever). Other Levels need some triggers, customized things and these are doable only by using different map-patcher - another work, another century spent for tweaking all crap.
Yes the Monter Match now supports bots, they attack the base queen & follow our orders correctly, Sektor did a great job for Monster Match game type...
ISense
Bad lighting error I removed from UltimateNewNet, so why this is happening again? Oops.
You are using older version of NN use this = http://ultimateut.tk/ut_files/server_si ... etv0_9.zip
esnesi
Godlike

Post by esnesi »

Issue resolved!
After all this time, lol thanks ;)
sry for bringing up the fuzz all though it was worth to mention i guess :)

2 little questions i have which i couldnt find with some ctrl+f actions in this topic;

1) Is it possible to disable the output in the log?

2) I try to call the botzmenu, i get:

*Windows box
*.u / *.int *.u *.dll in 'system.
Paths=../System/Botz/*.u (below System/*.u)

i can finally play with this a little bit now though! :)
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Post by Deepu »

Use Suppress=ScriptWarning