MH-CMC-PartyCrashers - T's Official cmc topic.

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: MH-CMC-PartyCrashers - T's Official cmc topic.

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote:Furthermore I offered my help for fixing this issues several times, but got no answer. I really don't run after giving someone my help.
I understand...
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

sektor2111 wrote:
Barbie wrote:Furthermore I offered my help for fixing this issues several times, but got no answer. I really don't run after giving someone my help.
I understand...
Sorry I missed out some pm's of yours I think, or I forgot to reply, if the target is me that is.
This member can only post when permitted.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Terraniux wrote:or I forgot to reply, if the target is me that is.
I could fix the points 8 to 11 from this post, mostly by implementing variable access checks.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I think I will do another plan, fixing mortar and cannon directly in source, so any future map like this will have... no bugs - except the lift which needs a "manual override" accordingly because actually that's a door which only a Bot can move from top in the way back to bottom as shown here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12094#p96407
And I have to repeat Lift Pathing method using simple images and STOCK maps:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12327#p99219
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: .. no bugs - except the lift which needs a "manual override" accordingly because actually that's a door which only a Bot can move from top in the way back to bottom
I now wonder whether this is deliberate in that, if the lift won't go back up, the Player is forced to jump down to where the UDamage is, and then from there down to the ground? Only the mapper can answer that, of course.
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

OjitroC wrote:
sektor2111 wrote: .. no bugs - except the lift which needs a "manual override" accordingly because actually that's a door which only a Bot can move from top in the way back to bottom
I now wonder whether this is deliberate in that, if the lift won't go back up, the Player is forced to jump down to where the UDamage is, and then from there down to the ground? Only the mapper can answer that, of course.

To be fully honest with the lift, the current idea was too amusing due all pupues and monster spawning there, and bots went full retard on it.
It would take too much damage to go quickly back, using a button - wait, - then go back. You are already dead.

When it got mentioned I simply did not pay attention build that later on, like you said, they jumped down on the udamage, and see that as a pathnode, so I kept it that way.
But I agree with you, a lift button would be more appropriate. Maybe in a different version, since I will still build a online version.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

The "fighting technology" is dependent on games played in that map. Me personally by figuring what's the deal for the first time, you could not see me going there in a full ambush in next times playing - also secrets went to no more secrets. I used proxymines, claw-flak, explosive arrows and all that stuff without to go there. Bots triggered monsters when were lured around and I was only hunting. Way too many pupae-s and easy to be killed without going closer - spam section VIA "RangedAttack".
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Terraniux wrote:Hereby I give you permission to fix anything in the map, for whatever reason it may bug online playing. This counts for others as well!
So I'm going to fix the things behind the curtains I mentioned in this post and run this modified map on my server then. (Although it would be a better idea if Terraniux collect all fixes and release a version 2 (or whatever) of his map.)
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I did not see Lift mentioned there. That one can be much better. Nvm, I'll solve these...
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

Barbie wrote:
Terraniux wrote:Hereby I give you permission to fix anything in the map, for whatever reason it may bug online playing. This counts for others as well!
So I'm going to fix the things behind the curtains I mentioned in this post and run this modified map on my server then. (Although it would be a better idea if Terraniux collect all fixes and release a version 2 (or whatever) of his map.)
This is a viable idea, but im very busy in the meanwhile with work and other projects. That might take a while you see?
I think if you and nelsona collaborate a bit together and pass on version one after another, then show me the end results! It will be faster than waiting for me.

How sounds that?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Terraniux wrote:I think if you and nelsona collaborate a bit together and pass on version one after another, then show me the end results!
Roger. I already did my fixes and have sent that modified map to Sector. So he can fix the pathing (and whatever else he finds) and send that map back to you.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Done - changes are described is that tiny text file.
I've checked it with original MH + Chaos Gen 3 - it works properly. Bot will no longer cheat Lift using it's native power.
Question: Adding a protection actor for water-zone ? In rare cases Bot goes stuck in water - it did not happened here but it can be added as prevention. MBot doesn't have such troubles after all.

Edit: Memory flaws - me in cause
I forgot something. Check that MortarSpawner whatever, it spams map even if is not on purpose - Doing it triggered ? At this moment it spawns mortars constantly even is nothing to kill...
Stopping everything if game has been ended - no purpose to keep spawning actors around Votes and/or cleaning garbage process ?
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

Update:

Consider this my 'second final' edition. For this is the release presented for the mappack. But to have the names not mixed up, is called 'FIXED' version ; for it can also be played online now.
Big thanks to Barbie and Nelsona for fixing the map for online play. In the help folder there is a .htm file that has the changelog.

= For my biggest change is the music is replaced with some more energizing music, that is way less annoying - in terms of repetition. The old one was kinda getting on my nerves. :ironic2:
= And added two more jokes + some phone pictures of my cat. You will meet the great ruler of all..... the mastermind behind the destroyer of worlds. :mrgreen:
- rest is stated in the .htm file.

Download : http://crystalunreal.com/Downloads/MH-C ... tedfix.rar
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I have the map running on my server as promised. You're going to need the NW3 mod to play this solo lol. Look for it in the MH tab. It's called DMZ because any clan is very welcome and encouraged to play together.

BTW Terra, you have to promise that you'll never, ever visit my Unreal server (at least not the hub map). Let's be UT friends but that's all ;)
So long, and thanks for all the fish
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Oooh, man...
This is fun with Chaos and 3-4 Bots, I really don't feel like I want power here, it's just a good Level for MH... you kill you die - it's let's say "balanced play".