CMC Contest: Players' choice poll

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: CMC Contest: Players' choice poll

Post by Red_Fist »

Wish I could pick a top 3. "1" would still be 1 (winner) not sure if a forum has that option built in.

I should be done checking maps in time :|

Vote was cast. glad there was time left
Also it seems people are voting on looks of a map more than realistically a good playing map. I might go too far towards gameplay because graphics alone don't do it.

EDIT
You know that really isn't such a bad idea I had to be able to vote for 1st, 2 sec, 3rd. Reason being, is after going through all the maps it's not redeeming enough to only click and vote for just one item. So if there was a top-3 the results would be more engaging if us voters and for the authors to pick a, top 3.

Lol, I see your point about voting for yourself, but actually you should not feel guilty.
Binary Space Partitioning
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Pff its hard to vote indeed....:noidea I had to think long about 2 maps but i've made my decision
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

Dr.Flay wrote:Ultimately this is the important vote
Actually this feels the most non-important vote to me. For I only wish they give my map a try and witness the work I've given.
The voting and feedback from my fellow contestants felt more energizing to me, than the individual response. For this mostly a graphic containing bars giving numbers with very less individual responses so far.

I'm curious on how Nog, Memsys , Paper , Jack and the rest of the mappers feel about this.
This member can only post when permitted.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

Well. I was ready to finish with zero or 1 point.
But as he map slowly emerged... Why am I typin' this.
Terra you got my vote here. Im out.
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

I am pretty much indifferent.
My own objective in all of this is still the same as even before the contest started: to make a reasonably nice map for a Halloween mappack.

It doesn't count for anything in terms of the contest, so it's useless in that regard, on the other hand at least it shows which maps the overall community likes the most.
But then, there are only 24 votes thus far, meaning that most people didn't even give a damn about voting, probably not even trying any of the maps, so whichever results come from this, they really do not reflect the "players choice" that much, the sample is just too small.

Having that said however, whoever actually bothered try out the maps and vote thus far: thank you for your contribution. :thuup:
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

I for one play and love all the maps. I appreciate the efforts made by all mappers and found that each offered its own unique kind of fun. The contest demands a winner, which is certainly unfortunate, but that's the way it goes.

A big shout out to all the mappers for making interesting and exciting maps that are a perfect addition to the Unreal Tournament legacy. Really, these are only words, I know, but I truly mean it guys...big props all of you.

Now, memsys was diplomatic about the prize; they have one before and got a big box already, so I'm fine with sending it out to nogardilaref then. Just need an address through a PM.
nogardilaref
Masterful

Post by nogardilaref »

You got the wrong guy, I ended up in last place. :lol2:
Check here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12447

In second place, are Terraniux and ExpEM tied with 10 points. So now it's up to them who gets the prize, or perhaps they will have to do a duel deathmatch in Deck16 or something to decide. :mrgreen:
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

nogardilaref wrote:You got the wrong guy, I ended up in last place. :lol2:

In second place, are Terraniux and ExpEM tied with 10 points. So now it's up to them who gets the prize, or perhaps they will have to do a duel deathmatch in Deck16 or something to decide. :mrgreen:
Sounds good. Would be fun. But I am also willing to say kind-hearted that he can have both prices if he really desires.
As much as I want the big box for me it will be mostly a precious item standing between my crystals, UT figure and glass / crystal items in my big shiny display cases.
It will likely be 1 time opened and be sealed again, it's too 'holy'. Haha. Or we split up the prices 1 person the music cd / 1 person the box ? :noidea

ExpEm what's your call on this?
This member can only post when permitted.
nogardilaref
Masterful

Post by nogardilaref »

Well, now that the poll has ended, perhaps is the best moment to start thinking in actually assembling the mappack itself.
I would say that it should be all bundled neatly until tomorrow night at most (although the earlier the better, specially since I imagine many to have plans for tomorrow night), and then released in all known channels (existing UT forums, UT reddit, Epic's forum, etc).

A nice single graphic will be needed showcasing every map, just like in other mappacks (Paper?).

Also, it has been fun being part of this. :)
I might not have been able to keep up with the schedule required for this and ending up releasing something rather unpolished, but I still had a lot of fun anyway and I would do it again. :mrgreen:
memsys
Adept
Personal rank: Silicon Lifeform

Post by memsys »

I've not gotten around to finishing my map as real life stuff as left me with little to no energy to do anything.
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

nogardilaref wrote:You got the wrong guy, I ended up in last place. :lol2:

Derp. :oops: Still, my congrats stand. :tu:

Whoever won, PM me your mailing address! :highfive:
nogardilaref
Masterful

Post by nogardilaref »

So, seriously now, is there going to be a mappack release today with all the bundled maps as they are right now in order to close this thing... yes or no?

I mean, dates were set up months ago in order to be able to release a mappack in time for Halloween, and today is Halloween.
Even if some mappers didn't manage to fully finish it properly (such as myself and memsys), I think we ought to release it anyway as it is, otherwise we will never see this mappack released ever, if we expect every map to be 100% polished to do so.

If needed, later on today when I head home, I can give a helping hand in assembling this up, but I think we shouldn't let this thing get dragged on when there was more than enough time to properly set everything up.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Gecko? What's the status?
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Sorry guys, best case is I can assemble the mappack on Saturday, as I'm away from home at my grandparents for the whole week + work and studies. Hope that is ok.
nogardilaref
Masterful

Post by nogardilaref »

:thuup: