I started working on a remake of my UT3 CTF map called CTF-Austere. I plan to follow the old layouts and features for the most part, but will make some changes where I feel like they're a good addition to gameplay.
- 6-14 players, will need to refine this after I get to play it more
- All weapons (though considering dropping the Ripper if I can't find a proper spot for it)
- All types of armor, with Shield belt in the middle opening susceptible to hitscan snipe
- Invisibility powerup in case the game has xloc enabled
- Some jumpspots to reach areas faster (flags and shield belt)
The UT3 version theme was an urban factory, and with Austere99 I went Nali Castle merged with DM-Barricade. Having some trouble mixing UE1 and UT1 textures as the quality of some assets is quite low.
I have the general layout shell done and started working on detailing. I also added bot pathing so I can playtest it.
I will return with more pictures once I get more done. Here is a work in progress of the upper lift area between main base area and minigun:
Some WIP images: