New mappers class?

Discussions about UT99
makemeunreal
Masterful

Re: New mappers class?

Post by makemeunreal »

Jake is really is a short tempered guy. We had our own fights as well durin' the tedius hours I spent teachin' him.
He made some pretty nice maps then asked me to make that rooftop edit. I had no idea that he will upload it.
I knew he wants to join the forum, but didn't have the courage to speak the opposite.
I've already knew the scenario in the first second I saw him finally registerin'. (It's worth mentionin' that UT99.org is his first forum)
I knew Sektor will appear, I knew there will be problems with his mapname, and I knew he will loose his temper soon.

He is nice and willing-trying at least.
Making this section would do more good than harm.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Of course I'm here, you can even ask an old veteran how was his learning without to mock through forums, as long as NOBODY on this planet knows nothing when is being born. Everything is done after a learning process - taking even YEARS. Stealing stuff and sharing it also it's not a good practice - I think.
Kajgue wrote:I think saying that new mappers should simply stay away from mapping on any platform is pretty unhelpful for their communities
WHO SAID THAT ? You are definitely lost at this point - actually very confused as well. Veterans are demanding to LEARN before posting trash for player's deceptions, compare your work with other "rated" one, that's the point. If your work has a minimal approach to some popular levels (even confirmed by smarty friends) then you can show in public your idea, community doesn't need a few stolen brushes saves as an another map. What's that after all ? Did you read completely that post ? Did you checked what is that ? Barbie's post ? Lemme guess: Nope, not even a bit. Then how did you drew such conclusions ?

This post has the mostly a personal thought character, nothing as offense intended for no one.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

Don't drop the tantrum...
So, UT99.org is for veterans. The problem is that this is one of the very few palces people still visit. Others are for these so called "veterans" too.
Where should NOOBS LIKE ME go? :\ To promote their TRASH (as you call it sometimes)?
ONE MAN'S TRASH IS ANOTHER MAN'S TREASURE

We aren't made of the same stuff. THANK GOD FOR IT.
It's like impossible to have an mkay debate here.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

makemeunreal wrote:So, UT99.org is for veterans.
I can continue this 20 years, try me.
UT99.ORG is a Forum, Forum is for learning, solutions, questions not for dropping useless COPIED crap. What exactly you did not understand from BARBIE'S post ? I get it, you don't even want to read that. Keep going, next post please...
Take you time and learn what a forum is, default rules for ANY FORUM.

@Jack:
Did you see the problem here ? We have to setup another environment for work, properly filtered where development is not screwed by "enthusiast" types with no clue about doing stuff and human ethics, this thread looks like a lost cause, all newbies spreading TBytes of crap are finding themselves useful being convinced that every elder is against them - which is FALSE by default. All demands are learning in quiet mode - Simple as pie, but "posting stuff" dizziness won't help at all.

@Co_admins: Guys how did you feel last time ? Have you seen latest entertaining stuff ?
Last edited by sektor2111 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

MMe, Nelsona is right you know. I had to learn the hard way too from time to time. Did not find it pleasing, but you know what? It kinda helped, now that I think about it.
Veterans are the most valueable teachers here.

Nelsona and I had our confrontations as well in the past, but after all, I kinda always am grateful that such guys as he exists.
I got spanked many times because I genuinely suck at bothpathing, but I didn't realize it back then. But, now I am willing to learn! And that is the true potential.

Veterans are not scary, they get scary when you question them in a inappropriate way.

Persons need a slap to the face, if they keep on doing routines on faults and true errors. Time to wake up and learn.
This member can only post when permitted.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Terraniux wrote: Veterans are not scary, they get scary when you question them in a inappropriate way.

Persons need a slap to the face, if they keep on doing routines on faults and true errors. Time to wake up and learn.
Can I sig with that for a while? I'm not sure I've seen it said better.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

JackGriffin wrote:
Terraniux wrote: Veterans are not scary, they get scary when you question them in a inappropriate way.

Can I sig with that for a while? I'm not sure I've seen it said better.
:thuup: Go ahead.
This member can only post when permitted.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

makemeunreal wrote:Don't drop the tantrum...
So, UT99.org is for veterans. The problem is that this is one of the very few palces people still visit. Others are for these so called "veterans" too.
Where should NOOBS LIKE ME go? :\ To promote their TRASH (as you call it sometimes)?
ONE MAN'S TRASH IS ANOTHER MAN'S TREASURE

We aren't made of the same stuff. THANK GOD FOR IT.
It's like impossible to have an mkay debate here.
I see what's going on here but in all means, this place is for everyone E+ and anyone is welcome to scout and ask for help.

There are so many materials and resources out there, we can bring it all together for anyone. If any get lost, we can make a new one or better.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

The main reason for posting my trash here is that because this is one of those "still-living-ut-places" as mentioned above.
There's no other way to reach people. Those who may enjoy our newbish trash.
Well, we are late I think... UT and the community is pretty much dead.
Last edited by makemeunreal on Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Chamberly wrote:we can bring it all together for anyone
Hard mission - or "Mission Impossible". I was asking about some MH related section which has no effect - all user could see entire MH thingy right there - good and evil stuff and learning - it did not happen, also I was asking for an XCGE section. Remember those X posts ? XCGE for now becoming more stable at each release is buried in forum's ground and some "new user" will say that "I checked all Internet and I did not find anything". Suuure, of course not... :loool: - poor him, I'm feel sorry about these people.
Draw your conclusion.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote:I was asking about some MH related [...] also I was asking for an XCGE section.
I'm on it. I just need my full Admin power back ...stay tuned.
Kajgue
Novice
Personal rank: SEX MACHINE

Post by Kajgue »

sektor2111 wrote:
Kajgue wrote:I think saying that new mappers should simply stay away from mapping on any platform is pretty unhelpful for their communities
WHO SAID THAT ? You are definitely lost at this point - actually very confused as well. Veterans are demanding to LEARN before posting trash for player's deceptions, compare your work with other "rated" one, that's the point. If your work has a minimal approach to some popular levels (even confirmed by smarty friends) then you can show in public your idea, community doesn't need a few stolen brushes saves as an another map. What's that after all ? Did you read completely that post ? Did you checked what is that ? Barbie's post ? Lemme guess: Nope, not even a bit. Then how did you drew such conclusions ?

This post has the mostly a personal thought character, nothing as offense intended for no one.
Alright, I think I understand what you mean, wasn't sure as your first post in this thread seemed a little strong; but thank you for the clarification, I agree that plagiarism is a very unfair thing.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Kajgue wrote:I agree that plagiarism is a very unfair thing.
That's one part I. The part II was coming when it was announced with Whistles and bells and big letters like this thing is the most played ever stuff ranked with 10/5 stars. Seriously... The Coding chapter as I could see looks very similar.
Samples ? OF COOOUURSE !
WSRH is a copy-paste of Gust's work with no improvement but code was more crapped coming with FALSE information. Server-side mod with replication :lol2: - If that guy says it's a coder coding and does self-written codes then I'm the president of USA.

Someone here (a good person) was working on some UTES system (an advanced scoreboard) and being helped, as a "coincidence" I see some UTEP which looks very the same coming later. THESE "coders" what exactly can code without to look the same as other mods done before and doing the same task ?

You see ? Soon coders will split mod in 2 parts: server-side and client-side. Now geniuses, it's time to work at that server-side (by guessing :loool: ) and contribute with something rather than "look what I did" initially done by others.
Also it was "fascinating" (but less disturbing for me) to see even some of my self-coded components dropped here and there but turned into sh!t because my simple coding options, looks truly hard for others which were busy to mess up conditional blocks, having no clue why and what I was doing there. To be honest I was expecting IMPROVING my code not more bugged. Good night, "coders", someday I'll buy a flashlight for your brain, it do helps even a very cheap one.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

That's one part I. The part II was coming when it was announced with Whistles and bells and big letters like this thing is the most played ever stuff ranked with 10/5 stars.
Are you measurin' things like that?! Are you serius?
He just copied my format. Ahhh I see. That's how you growin' it. The E-....
Well, we aren't livin' online, no memes and shit like that. You won the internet.