gaming has became trash

Discussions about everything else
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: gaming has became trash

Post by papercoffee »

Are we now going to talk about wood clearing?
Guys, this was a thread about trash games.

Anyway ... those "locusts" are the bane of every healthy environments and economy.
sektor2111 wrote:As I know so far our wood is happily exported by some "business-man" types and then they forget to plant new trees back.
Are still some forests left? I was only two times as a little child in Romania ...visiting my grandparents. I can remember the thick woodlands around cities and villages. I had never the time or money to visit this land again. :(
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Umm... the topic I think was moved into other thread but... people did not see the problem...
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

My gaming repertoire consists of the Unreal games. Nothing else.
Others aren't worth the time one could spend with them. For me at least.
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

makemeunreal wrote:My gaming repertoire consists of the Unreal games. Nothing else.
Others aren't worth the time one could spend with them. For me at least.
How many of them you actually tried?

In my own case, I dislike most games out there, it's the same formula executed in the same manner over and over making them bland, but still there are a few which stand out, depending on the genre you like.
One of the games I like a lot for example is Killing Floor 2, and it happens to be on free weekend now on Steam, and with a special Christmas update where they changed all monsters awesomely, and among some other really good changes. I suggest you guys to give it a try, and it's an Unreal Engine 3 game btw:
34-j4WDfXl8

If you like lots of gore and blood, along with a very dark and fun setting, this is for you. Also, while the trailer doesn't show it, the weapon variety is quite extensive, and you even have a melee class (which is my favorite, nothing beats hacking these monsters with a sword you can actually control move-wise, like in Chivalry).
I have been playing this game for years.
gamerz31w
Average

Post by gamerz31w »

Once again sorry for necro post bumping old thread,but I'm so interested was in original Unreal Tournament Era using cheat codes allowed? When I was a kid in past I never played any 3D shooter however I think I saw Wolfenstein 3D.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

(Reply to OP)

Everyone needs to put food on their tables. Indie developers have to make a living too, so they probably work most of their day time, and make video games in their free time. It's not something they're worried about being good at, because it's not what they make for a living. And, as it is getting harder and harder with each year now to make a living, there is more of a pressure to focus on that. That digs into people's minds like a freaking mole.

That said, if people didn't have to waste most of their day in an exploitative workplace to put food on their tables, and by that I mean we didn't live in a capitalist society, I'm pretty sure the quality of indie games would skyrocket, as people would have more time to make them, and just in general feel freer and happier about their lives. It's certainly a vision, but there's no good way to get there. But it's always good to remember who (and what) is to blame, and who isn't.

The more masses you get the less people will appreciate fine art.
How do you propose we fix this? Eugenics? Who even should define what "fine art" is, anyway?

gamerz31w wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:01 pm Once again sorry for necro post bumping old thread,but I'm so interested was in original Unreal Tournament Era using cheat codes allowed? When I was a kid in past I never played any 3D shooter however I think I saw Wolfenstein 3D.
You could've just made another thread :P

And, yeah. In such games, it's always been ok to cheat singleplayer, if it's fun for you. But there is definitely gratification, for most at least, in beating the game without cheats.

In multiplayer on the other hand, it's usually frowned upon, because obviously it's unfair!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

gamerz31w wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:01 pm Once again sorry for necro post bumping old thread,but I'm so interested was in original Unreal Tournament Era using cheat codes allowed? When I was a kid in past I never played any 3D shooter however I think I saw Wolfenstein 3D.
The last post was Dec 16, 2017 :wth:
gamerz31w
Average

Post by gamerz31w »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:51 pm (Reply to OP)

Everyone needs to put food on their tables. Indie developers have to make a living too, so they probably work most of their day time, and make video games in their free time. It's not something they're worried about being good at, because it's not what they make for a living. And, as it is getting harder and harder with each year now to make a living, there is more of a pressure to focus on that. That digs into people's minds like a freaking mole.

That said, if people didn't have to waste most of their day in an exploitative workplace to put food on their tables, and by that I mean we didn't live in a capitalist society, I'm pretty sure the quality of indie games would skyrocket, as people would have more time to make them, and just in general feel freer and happier about their lives. It's certainly a vision, but there's no good way to get there. But it's always good to remember who (and what) is to blame, and who isn't.

The more masses you get the less people will appreciate fine art.
How do you propose we fix this? Eugenics? Who even should define what "fine art" is, anyway?

You could've just made another thread :P

And, yeah. In such games, it's always been ok to cheat singleplayer, if it's fun for you. But there is definitely gratification, for most at least, in beating the game without cheats.

In multiplayer on the other hand, it's usually frowned upon, because obviously it's unfair!
Me too I also need for life in future to survive. Speaking of older indie game to survive. So I also need money. However copyrights infringement,NDA,DMCA,lawsuits are complicating everything especially these days nowadays. For instance as an example Unreal Tournament 4.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

wat
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Talking to him is like talking to Martian. Also I forgot I ever made this thread. I stopped caring about all those games anyways.
It was a different time/different place for me, but yea I just keep more to myself. But yea he is essentially the embodemient of the "ideas man" as you have in your signature, except he's totally inept and I am not sure if it can ever improve. He has serious problems properly learning anything, he keeps overloading me with messages since he reappeared. My energy is limited, I have a serious liver condition and while I know "how" to make some stuff(or most stuff when it comes to Unreal) I often find no energy to do so. This guy however is completely all over the place and is confused about everything. I am surprised he managed to get how ucc batchexport works but only because he took the patience for a change to study the wiki article. But then he starts messing around with wotgreal and what not which are such obsolete tools now and create problems and he excepts to export a .3d file out of .uc file....and such stuff. Seriously this is a complete headache.
gamerz31w
Average

Post by gamerz31w »

Well UCC is full of errors you see for instance as an example me/I and Tommy Wiseau are guys from Poland(Europe)honestly speaking. English language is not my primary one. But rather secondary language. I guess no more help from you. I guess I will have to figure out the rest myself alone. Thanks for some advices. Well Ken Penders he also got polish roots. I don't know who weirder Sergiy Galyonkin or Tommy Wiseau.
Well I thought you could help me with modding Epic Games Launcher Digital Storefront. Well my condolences about your health issues. So sorry about tourmenting your head and thanks for any advices.
Is it really just only my fault that I'm using older extraction tools? But they are not even working?
I know how it is having weak liver and stomach. I was struggling with it myself.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Tommy Wiseau and Luke making a Jazz film when?

"You're tearing me apart, Jazz!"
gamerz31w
Average

Post by gamerz31w »

I don't know it's hard to say when. Produced by Nicolas Cage. Quoting and reinterpreting Claudette's words from The Room "nobody supports me at once,nobody understands me,nobody cares about me and I'm dying".
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

Sigh...
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
gamerz31w
Average

Post by gamerz31w »

I'm not really sure speaking of what if Tommy Wiseau was good example really.