makemeunreal's KINDERGARTEN - tutorials - Discussion

Discussions about everything else
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

makemeunreal's KINDERGARTEN - tutorials - Discussion

Post by Terraniux »

Dude STOP.

I had your back for countless time now. You really , really need to stop posting.
As you are in need of attention, you got it. We want to give it you, you got it, you are overhauling it now.

This no way to approach beginners. I told in the topic of Jack I had a plan. let me work it out.

You are starting with terrain, while a novice, barely begins with : WHAT IS THE ACTUAL EDITOR???

You belong in a kindergarten Makemeunreal, I am very sorry to say this, but no one dares to say it you rface -- just to be neutral . to be accepted in the community.

Let me be first to step up this. Quit asking for attention.

Advice:

Start from the actual computer > OS > UED basics > UED FEATURES > UED ADVANCED FEATURES > More complex stuff.

Go outside, and take breather. You've been warned many times. Take a hint.

You ARE WELCOME HERE, but quit searching for useless attention. It is pissing me off, and others as well.

I am genuinely frustrated by your posts lately. You are getting tons of posts., meaning: we wanna help, you decline all.

Take this slap in the face, like my sig in Jac'sk signature.

Stop making USELESS POSTS.
Last edited by Terraniux on Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
This member can only post when permitted.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: makemeunreal's KINDERGARTEN - Easy tutorials for beginne

Post by OjitroC »

Terraniux wrote: This no way to approach beginners. I told in the topic of Jack I had a plan. let me work it out. .
Actually, as someone who knows nothing about mapping, I thought it an interesting way to both get beginners involved and to convey knowledge - I was tempted to fire up the editor and reproduce what MMU set out in his document, but it's too late at night and I'm tired.

Giving people interesting but simple examples of what they can do with the editor is a more productive and entertaining way of teaching people the basics surely than simply explaining UEd's features, when beginners actually would have no idea what they are or do. Inspiring people to produce stuff by setting out simple examples is a valuable way of teaching. I presume MMU intends (or did intend) to produce other similar documents illustrating other features of UEd.

I do wish people round here would stop being so negative all the time - MMU produces something interesting and is immediately jumped on - people need to chill out a bit more. Also think a bit more how people feel when they put some effort into something and simply receive negativity.
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

OjitroC wrote:
Terraniux wrote: This no way to approach beginners. I told in the topic of Jack I had a plan. let me work it out. .
Actually, as someone who knows nothing about mapping, I thought it an interesting way to both get beginners involved and to convey knowledge - I was tempted to fire up the editor and reproduce what MMU set out in his document, but it's too late at night and I'm tired.

Giving people interesting but simple examples of what they can do with the editor is a more productive and entertaining way of teaching people the basics surely than simply explaining UEd's features, when beginners actually would have no idea what they are or do. Inspiring people to produce stuff by setting out simple examples is a valuable way of teaching. I presume MMU intends (or did intend) to produce other similar documents illustrating other features of UEd.

I do wish people round here would stop being so negative all the time - MMU produces something interesting and is immediately jumped on - people need to chill out a bit more. Also think a bit more how people feel when they put some effort into something and simply receive negativity.

Ok. I am stunned by your post. As I see where you are coming from, the guy deleted his post onto mine's. I noticed it. hope all you all did. ? I d

I am relaxed, feeling well, having a cold beer, listening to music, and playing with my Cat, enjoying games. I am in heaven here.

OK. I give up, you all people can ignore the facts here. As much I set MME in a bad daylight here, I do care about him. It is about principle, spamming topics. and general ask for attention.
The thing that triggered me is that nobody dares to be be straight with him, and ....................
.......................................... ..........

I can keep typing all I want, no use it seems. MMe, you keep on asking for attention. I'm done having your back.

If you ever get banned or muted, remember this .

We want YOU, and your help, not your useless attention.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Terraniux wrote: Ok. I am stunned by your post. As I see where you are coming from, the guy deleted his post onto mine's. I noticed it. hope all you all did. ? I d
Not sure why you are stunned by my post - do you not agree there is more than one way to help beginners pick up the basics of mapping?

What I am about to say is not directed at any particular person but I do think that a degree of negativity and incivility has crept in lately - it's OK to speak one's mind but is it OK to say EXACTLY what is on one's mind? Again, there is more than one way to give criticism - mixing positives with the negatives and giving encouragement is likely to be better received and more likely to achieve a positive outcome than simply damning what someone produces. Aggression and rudeness simply beget more aggression and rudeness.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Now calm down a little bit ...It's just the Title of the thread which is misleading.
This is not a Kindergarten like beginner tutorial but a little more advanced one. Nothing bad has happened.
I can fix the thread title.

The only thing I ask is not to force people to go to drop-box to read it. It's redundant to open a thread and declaring it's a tutorial and then posting a link to another place.
That's like you has rent a room in a hotel but they giving you a key from a motel on the other side of the street.
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

OjitroC wrote:
Terraniux wrote: Ok. I am stunned by your post. As I see where you are coming from, the guy deleted his post onto mine's. I noticed it. hope all you all did. ? I d
Not sure why you are stunned by my post - do you not agree there is more than one way to help beginners pick up the basics of mapping?

What I am about to say is not directed at any particular person but I do think that a degree of negativity and incivility has crept in lately - it's OK to speak one's mind but is it OK to say EXACTLY what is on one's mind? Again, there is more than one way to give criticism - mixing positives with the negatives and giving encouragement is likely to be better received and more likely to achieve a positive outcome than simply damning what someone produces. Aggression and rudeness simply beget more aggression and rudeness.
I made these posts to for his own health / benefit. There's this proverb for it, but I kinda forgot it. If it comes to mind, let me post it.
You could not be more clear there Ojitroc - you nailed it right there. That is exactly why I posted this. I know I set MMe into a bad light here, I didnt want it either, but someone had to step up and tell the truth.

Blame, accuse, and burn me to stake for all of this, but you all know in the very deep I am right.

I hope MME finds the path he is looking for, and keeps on making UT maps and all that, but ever since he registered here, and his latest topics, it brought nothing but fuzz, frustration, and certain anger.

I wish to stop all negatives too. But you need to understand where I am coming from. From pure frustration, entering UT.org Hear my voice here.

I am for the better good for all. :thuup:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Terraniux wrote: I hope MME finds the path he is looking for, and keeps on making UT maps and all that, but ever since he registered here, and his latest topics, it brought nothing but fuzz, frustration, and certain anger.
I understand what you are saying but I am not sure I agree totally with it - why should there be frustration and anger at the posting of what is, to me and perhaps to some other people, an interesting tutorial - why not wait and see how he continues with his tutorials and offer informed technical criticism, should it be needed, in a positive way. We need to move on from what may or may not have happened in the past - that has no bearing on the substance of what MMU has posted here now.
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

@Terraniux: Oh damn Terraniux, you completely missed OjitroC's point, ironically all the while behaving exactly like he mentioned while pointing fingers to makemeunreal.

All makemeunreal did here was to post a tutorial of his. Perhaps it's his first tutorial, I don't know, so it does look a bit sloppy at first, but even so his document that he linked to (in Dropbox) does look quite solid, and does look useful for mappers which are looking for more information and direction in general, as OjitroC pointed out.
So you're the one with a problem now, not him, and you are diverting all the attention to yourself instead, potentially ruining a good topic for discussion.

The title itself doesn't represent what makemeunreal intended here, from what it seems to me, but he went as far as double posting with the clear intent of making the first post the index of his tutorials, and the second post being the first tutorial itself, which says that he actually has put some thought into this beforehand, and intends to use this topic alone to post more tutorials of his, which is well thought out.

Furthermore, whatever you and Jack end up doing, has no bearing whatsoever towards what makemeunreal or anyone else does around here. Each one is free to make their own contributions.
So, having that said, what exactly is your problem here?

@makemeunreal: I agree with others that perhaps the title is not the best, and is preferable to link to a pdf file instead at most (if you use Office, there's an export to PDF option somewhere iirc).
Other than that, good job thus far. :tu:
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

I give a very harsh environment to the ones around me.
There's that guy in every class who likes the maths lessons, who really does sit silently in the library reading about crystals, and other stuff others may find weird.(I've got a beatiful aragonite.)
The one likes to be alone with his thoughts.
Well, that's me. :noidea

As I said I'm a very hard guy to get on with. I'm overthinking and overreacting nearly everything to the point I can't sleep as I'm too busy playing a fakked up chess game in my brain depicting the next moves, other's next moves.

I really am sorry for all the trouble I caused. The Unreal Franchise is my only real digital hobby so I'm pretty fast-paced and intensive about it. I'm trying to contribute. It's a constant need to make something. :noidea
I would love to disburden myself and never launching Unreal again.

Now to react some of your posts.
I really did delete one which was something like "Yes I think I can!" it was a respopnse to papercoffe. I wasn't aware of Terraniux's post then. It showed up after that, so I deleted it. :P

This method can be extended to some really good looking stuff which will have an editor of it's own.

Well. There are countless tutorials I've written so far both in english and hungarian.
There are about 8 people I "teached".
These hungarian tutorials are from '13 as you can see by the date of the post.
http://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3037
Made more, but they didn't get uplaoded due to my laziness. (Fast, devoted and lazy in the same time. C'mon.)

The Kindergarten word was choosen in purpose. You'll see.
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

You guys are not seeing the bigger picture here. I take the bullet here. :(

Its a good thing I prepared myself for such reactions. I really like to understate and can solidate my posts, and I really can!
I can point to 25+ posts / topics. You all are involved. :) . But you know what, It's not worth it.

You guys keep living in your bubble. Once it pops, you will get what I am telling all the time.

If off this discussion, I made my point. I'm glad I did.

Someone had to. Keep burning me as the witch here, for I aint.
// off negative

// onto positive work again.
Last edited by Terraniux on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

All I will say, is stop posting DM,,,map

Next thread, DM another map
DM,,,,thread 10 map, and none of them have a friggen map !!!!!

Just finish one, and then post. otherwise I don't care about anything else you do, the more people mapping or playing, the better we are, and fun. Not looking through a wish list of maps you can't find, didn't finish, were going to do, over and over.

CONTENT baby,,,, CONTENT !!!
Binary Space Partitioning
papercoffee
Godlike

Re: makemeunreal's KINDERGARTEN - tutorials - Discussion

Post by papercoffee »

This discussion has nothing to do in a tutorial thread ...if you feel the urge to talk to someone PM him/her.
If this thread goes farther with any more aggression, I'll move it into the trash bin.
Makemeunreal made some mistakes but all of us made some in the past.

@Red_Fist, you are not helping.
@Terraniux ...I said it once, CALM DOWN. I'm back as an admin and keep an eye on everything now.
@nogardilaref & OjitroC, Thank you.
@makemeunreal, don't give up. but be aware that people got a bad image from your former actions.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

My name keeps coming up. I just thought it would be nice if we had some tutorial done in a way people could learn from.

I haven't looked at MMU's tut but I can see Terra's upset even if it was on point. Terra wants to take a deliberate, considered approach and MMU is more like a kid on Ritalin who ate a candy bar. It's good to have enthusiasm but let's channel that with an established plan.

If you guys really want to do this right then get together, form a group, and assign tasks. <Pointing> You, do me a first level tutorial. Explain how to copy textures and how to save new packages. You, give me a terrain tut. You, show me how to fix a HOM error. And finally put one person in charge to direct traffic so the same thing isn't done four times.

Once upon a time I made a map that showed you how to play seeker redeemer. That would be nice here, a tutorial map that new people could play that explained the concepts and ideals they will be seeing. Guys open up the editor and don't even know what the "actor tree" is. Give them a fun way to learn dry material.

T-O0RQTtGIM
So long, and thanks for all the fish
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I don't know what you guys are thinking but Terraniux is right in big parts. As you can see (if not, look better) we have a bunch of posts helping Nobody. The problem is "newbies are helping" strings. To reconfigure expression we have people who think that a no skilled pilot can drive a plane to Hawaii :loool: . A newbie can give a single help: To ITSELF for improving his skill and not to others. It was posted that community here is active more than others. So why does it need to be loaded with crap ? If is active it has to be ruined ? If MKMU thinks that spamming forum will help newbies to be suddenly very skilled well, it's FALSE. I learned stuff over years by looking what others were doing and comparing things before to do mine. ALL are making the same wrong step. Behind mapping in Editor there is a bit of code. If you have problems there, then what you do is not exactly mapping. Guessing settings and triggers = broken things released making admins to finally stop doing servers. Mapping doesn't means only drawing cubes because I can do them beautiful. The process of learning stuff for UT is not 3 weeks and neither reading a single tutorial - there are bunches already written - and written well.
On other side flooding tutorials makes people to retreat - and this Posting Invasion, YEAH is annoying regarding to what you the rest are thinking. If you look at these "twin types" in that "topic" he posted a page with vomit "smilie" as named in section using retarded strings like "ripped faka" and all that. Personally as a noob, I'm not interested about people acting this way - it might be a part of a list used in firewalls called "omegle" - with meaning nasty people happily stopped from accessing some web spaces.
The Guru has to explain why in some of his demo level has triggers going nowhere and no single A.I tweaking before to think that he knows to do stuff in order to explain to others the "How to" which is already explained - I really wanna find that old video tutorial where everything was shown in detail, not sure if I can find it so soon or if it does exist somewhere.
And even PC (pappercoffe) went mad in that thread - I should save that for future appearances of similar instances. Plagiarism with whistles and bells also should be debated in a section - morality generally seems to have issues here. And finally, after exhausting my patience I'll drop these omegle into ignore list and that's it. No offense no disturbing I'm really getting tired of looking at the same explained cubes and no one cares - see noob stuff from all time "my bad, I added a Commander in map" and this was done not a single time - brainlessly adding actors to map. These are mappers or future mappers ? These are helping ? I'm not convinced 100%.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Locked.