xpickups settings question

darksonny
Adept

xpickups settings question

Post by darksonny »

Hi all
I noticed (better said I discovered) that in the main ut menu where are all the command bar in the upper side. I clicked on menu and then xpickups and lastly I got a xpickups settings dialog with a rgb selector by using checkboxes. I tried to customize the xpickups colour but no changes were made after set their colours. What Im doing wrong Im missing something ? I read the help guide to manage the pack but in anywhere was told how this could be managed ingame.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: xpickups settings question

Post by OjitroC »

I think the colour settings in that dialog box only change the colour of the counter that appears in the HUD (counting down the life of certain pickups, for example) - or do you mean that you tried it and the colour of the counter didn't change?
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

I do wish there was more customization with this mod.
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I would have to look into it again, but as far as I remember, this:
OjitroC wrote:I think the colour settings in that dialog box only change the colour of the counter that appears in the HUD (counting down the life of certain pickups, for example)
is what those settings should do.

Having that said, the X-Pickups is an extremely old mod of mine, developed almost exclusively for the UTR mappack, and developed in conjunction with Creavion (he did/arranged the models and skins, I did the coding and effects).
And while at the end the mappack itself was awesome and the pickups worked relatively well, it's code from nearly 10 years ago, from a time I barely knew how the game worked and my coding skills were garbage-tier compared to nowadays, so the code is quite bad, so don't expect much from it. :bio:
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

confirmed it changes the colour counter lol, I didn't notice this part only I was lookin' all the time on the xpickups and like telling myself "huh? the vials does not change their colour, wtf!"

Despite some criticistm made by certain author (a very well, know and respected mapper) I saw in this section, to be a bit harsh in some part of the 2nd mappack, but somewhat helped team on ut99 cmp mappers with all the polishes made by creavion and some guy more away i do like this pack maybe its not revolutionary in gameplay terms but I enjoyed maybe they are not at the high level maps made by guys like revelation, fragnbrag (by the way, this guy is missing on ut scene? Im starting to miss him and the other great mappers...) but comparing with overall maps made to date for ut goty I can see great effort on them.

If I did not say anything about this, well, I would say good job. From any side you could start learning to mapping, coding etc..Thanks ferali!