mutator to check and kick for MouseX and MouseY

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
shockpl
Average

mutator to check and kick for MouseX and MouseY

Post by shockpl »

Hi I need/want to create another mutator and I have a question here, it will be hard to create?

Need mutator than will be check if playet have:
MouseX=Axis aMouseX Speed=6
MouseY=Axis aMouseY Speed=6

(that is in User.ini | get input MouseX and get input MouseY)
If this value will be different than 6 mutator should kick a player from the server and maybe log will be needed in unrealtournament.log with player name and ip or smthing like that.

What do You think about, its hard to make?

salut
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: mutator to check and kick for MouseX and MouseY

Post by Feralidragon »

It can be done, through a client-side mutator.
It's not very hard I believe, but requires a fair understanding of replication back and forth.

However, although I understand why you would want to do this (many games have similar issues), I wonder if that would be effective at all.
Many players (including me) increase the sensitivity of the mouse in-game for legit reasons (it's generally too slow), plus I don't know how UT controls sensitivity, as in: if changing the mouse sensitivity outside of UT influences the mouse speed in UT (I never made this experiment).
A good game will control the sensitivity by actually controlling the mouse speed and preventing it to go any faster than it should, a not so good game will multiply the sensitivity by what is already set in the mouse, and I am not aware which one does UT use.

Still, if you want to pursue this, rather than an exact value, you should have a maximum value instead which you think is reasonable, and allow everything below it.