Beta Master Server

Discussions about Servers
unrealwiki-webmaster
Novice

Beta Master Server

Post by unrealwiki-webmaster »

Hoping to get some community feedback and allow some public testing. Instruction over at http://psinet.333networks.com

Goal is remove all fake players servers and provide a friendly atmosphere where people don't have to spam their servers or steal server names and can once again use the list

Some testers and feedback welcome. Let's take back our home
unrealwiki-webmaster
Novice

Re: Beta Master Server

Attachments
Shot0002.jpg
output_Cws20d.gif
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

Will have a look when i get up tomorrow, I've always detested server admins that use fake players.
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

Good stuff.

Cant stand fake players servers :x

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

Got it running, it's all working well, it's a bit depressing seeing only about 30 players online, but it is nice to know which servers actually have players, and not just a lazy admin that just cheats the system.

Would be great if this was the default server list for 333, then the fake player servers could die out.
unrealwiki-webmaster
Novice

Attachments
Shot0000.jpg
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

I'm using this ms as default one, but I wonder how does it recognize fake players.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Darkelarious
Skilled
Personal rank: 333networks admin

Post by Darkelarious »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:I'm using this ms as default one, but I wonder how does it recognize fake players.
A while ago we discovered how to determine whether a server is using fake players. We never disclosed this in order to avoid that the people behind the fake player mod(s) have a chance to adapt to this and neutralize our way of detection.

I can imagine that you have questions about the reliability of our method, so the information I am willing to provide for now is the following: it is not based on statistical data (looking at player names, frags and pings). It is also not based on joining the game and looking around to see how many players there actually are. The thing I can tell you about our method, is that it is a technical, absolute method of detection. In other words, there is no subjective person making the decision whether or not player info is displaying a bot or a person. The detection method can be applied every few minutes and can not be prevented by just blocking 333networks' IP address. We are actually quite proud of this innovation.

We will not be sharing this method anytime soon, but we will make an API available on 333networks (hopefully before 2049) where you can choose whether or not you wish to receive the serverlist with or without servers using the fakeplayer method. I hope this information helps and comforts you.
--Darkelarious
Masterserver | Discord Channel
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
DLD-RABBIT
Average
Personal rank: *...*

Post by DLD-RABBIT »

Darkelarious......You are the man :tu: Good Job :gj:
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

But server with clearly obvious bots are still accessible, right?
unrealwiki-webmaster
Novice

@papercoffee 333networks have a database of a lot of servers and complete with an API to access the data. 333networks server list has more servers than the epic list. psinet has less than epic. Your server shouldn't be removed from the psinet list unless you are cheating somehow. If you think a mistake has been made then tell us server here or email privat webmaster@unrealwiki thanks
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

unrealwiki-webmaster wrote:@papercoffee 333networks have a database of a lot of servers and complete with an API to access the data. 333networks server list has more servers than the epic list. psinet has less than epic. Your server shouldn't be removed from the psinet list unless you are cheating somehow. If you think a mistake has been made then tell us server here or email privat webmaster@unrealwiki thanks
I don't have a server... but sometimes I like to join a server where bots are to bridge the time till someone joins.
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

It appears that you can have it both ways, where you can see and join servers either with fake player bots or a list without them included.
Also, fake player bots are Not the same as regular game bots that you can play against in-game.

Good job on this Darkelarious!
It is better late in coming, than never to come! :tu:

Now if we could just discern between legitimate players and players (admins and their loyal followers) that log into a server from several sources as separate players to boost the server's rank LOL :roll:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Darkelarious wrote:It is also not based on joining the game and looking around to see how many players there actually are.
That's what I was wondering, that would be crazy to join every server, althought there are ways to "join" a server without UT client.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

papercoffee wrote:I don't have a server... but sometimes I like to join a server where bots are to bridge the time till someone joins.
Bots are not counted as fake players.
eg. a server showing bots will actually have those bots running around when you join, and you can see in the browser that they are bots.
Fake players are usually not even in the server. If you join it will then start spawning real bots.

They serve 2 purposes;
1) to lure players into an empty server, when it looks like lots of real people are there.
2) to make the stats look good in a service such as Gametracker.