Red_Fist wrote:Redoing SP maps into MH is a great thing.
Well, then excuse me but I don't get too much about so called ported maps which some idiots were doing. Arguments:
- a common SP level has errors fixed in their controller (there are entire pages written) - look at some coop game-type and we can chat about that later - so to speak maps are crapped up being mainly for OFF-Line - Who cares then?;
- another issue is LESS PlayerStart types insufficient for MH ON-LINE with folks because are addressing 1 guy - SP is Single Player - self explanatory;
- Monsters are very few - you simply have no challenge if you play with other players;
- These maps have no Bot support for MH because they doesn't include any mission type thing for Bot - whoever was porting them, he had no clue what was doing - I was trapped with such stuff in my noob admin times having trust in stuff hosted -just GARBAGE hosted not that different from now days;
- All of those bugged ones were not fixed at all for MH and they doesn't include MonsterEnd - ServerTravel doesn't work in MH so good night garbage, these travel things needs some actor written in MyLevel for being operational;
- So called tricky Triggers are not for Multiplayer - one guy opens a door, other 2 morons are closing it back - lol game.
For the rest of "awesome portations" see Barbie's post Ziki related which I'm not even bother to fix. You don't have to compare an original MH map addressing at least 3 players with a SP one. Very few mappers indeed have properly ported their SP maps to MH, a complete conversion... and... not bug free of course...