Weaponless bots

Discussions about UT99
BSzili
Novice

Weaponless bots

Post by BSzili »

Does anyone know how to take away all the weapons from the bots and the map?
I know my question sounds silly and people will be wondering why on earth would anyone want to do this, so here's my story :) In the early 2000s me and my cousin were messing around in UT, and somehow we ended up removing all the weapons from the map (via ingame settings, not UnrealEd), and set up the bots in a way that they had no weapons. We also tweaked the bot AI settings to make them run around like crazed ants. It was hilarious and we made a video of it, which unfortunately got lost a few years later.
Recently we were reminiscing about it, and I would like to recreate the video, but no matter how much I look at the mutators and bot settings I can't figure out how we did it :? All I remember is that it was with the retail (non-GOTY) version of UT99, and I think we used the map DM-Pyramid. Any ideas on how to do this? :help:
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Weaponless bots

Post by OjitroC »

You can use sektor2111's NoItems mutator (see Noitems#p97362), which I think removes everything from a map, and then use the NoWeapondm mutator so that the bots start without a weapon (I haven't tried the latter so I don't know if it works or if it's buggy). Here it is
NoweaponDm.zip
(1.66 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Or, even easier, press Tab (or tilde) to open the console, and type:

Code: Select all

killall Weapon
What sektor2111's mutator does is redundant.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Gustavo6046 wrote:What sektor2111's mutator does is redundant.
So ? I listen... and I'm waiting to see that map (yours) really fixed not with adds.
For your knowledge "killall" doesn't work for players playing in a server only an admin can do that, that simple. To not forget that map switching won't need commands and keys when mutator is being loaded as a default one.
But given said problem you can build a list with my redundant or abomination-type things and I will take care to delete everything, letting experts* to work because the goal is the quality not the quantity, preventing people to swim through my garbage :agree1: . First stage is completed - links from signature have been removed for a few months :gj: , so in a nearby future I can remove all attachments too for a more relaxed world because I can host them elsewhere at once with other non-UT modifications done by me.

I'm not sure what's funny to see all weaponry removed from every entity Map, Pawn, etc... but I'll try to figure.
BSzili
Novice

Post by BSzili »

OjitroC wrote:You can use sektor2111's NoItems mutator (see Noitems#p97362), which I think removes everything from a map, and then use the NoWeapondm mutator so that the bots start without a weapon (I haven't tried the latter so I don't know if it works or if it's buggy). Here it is
NoweaponDm.zip
Wow, those two mutators seem to have done the trick! :o Thanks a bunch! :tu:
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

The "killall" command wouldn't really be that great, not much because of online play and whatnot, but for the simple fact that bots respawn, and will do so with weapons regardless unless a mutator prevents such, and you may want yourself, the player, to have some guns yourself, to kill these bots with.

I can certainly imagine the fun in this. :lol2:
BSzili
Novice

Post by BSzili »

Look, I was 14 years old, OK? :lol: That being said, I still found it pretty entertaining to watch them trying to attack each other without weapons, so maybe I haven't matured that much, lol.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

BSzili wrote:...so maybe I haven't matured that much, lol.
This counts for all of us :wink:
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

sektor2111 wrote:For your knowledge "killall" doesn't work for players playing in a server only an admin can do that, that simple.
And may non-admin players add your mutator to the game as well? I don't think they can. Only admins can add mutators too. So that point is moot.
Feralidragon wrote:The "killall" command wouldn't really be that great, not much because of online play and whatnot, but for the simple fact that bots respawn, and will do so with weapons regardless unless a mutator prevents such, and you may want yourself, the player, to have some guns yourself, to kill these bots with.
That's why I were talking about sektor's mutator. The NoWeaponDM one (or whatever it is called) is a simple, but great, one. Removing items can also be done as a mutator, but only in a server where maps change and restart. In the remaining occasions, killall stands as king.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

you can use Smart Weapons Fully Loaded to remove the Pickup's from the Maps and arm the Player with All Weapons.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Que wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:01 am you can use Smart Weapons Fully Loaded to remove the Pickup's from the Maps and arm the Player with All Weapons.
look at the date... the last post from Gus.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Wait paper...maybe my fault, but I want to check something...please allow it. Or should I start a new thread?
Que wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:01 am you can use Smart Weapons Fully Loaded to remove the Pickup's from the Maps and arm the Player with All Weapons.
I don't know if it is coincidence, or you found the link to this thread I posted on Discord, and that is how it got resurrected. :noidea :lol2:
Anyway, paraphrasing, it was asked there if bots could spawn without weapons for target practice. This would mean that only yourself and not the bots could be allowed to have a weapon. So what I proposed was getting Stuffswapper for removing everything, and summoning the weapon you want and allammo via console. This works so far, but I don't know if there is a more elegant solution. The no items mutator mentioned would not let me summon weapons. The SWFL I have not tried, I am away from home now, will have to wait until tonight.
Que
Inhuman

Post by Que »

yeah seen your post in discord.. wondering if SWFL would work with another mutator to remove weapons and pickups from bots in maps.. ill see if proasm has any ideas could be a good little mod.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Que wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:55 pm yeah seen your post in discord.. wondering if SWFL would work with another mutator to remove weapons and pickups from bots in maps.. ill see if proasm has any ideas could be a good little mod.
Confirmed, the SWFL also can be used for this purpose. :tu: And yes, if proasm wants to experiment with this, awesome. :mrgreen:
Que
Inhuman

Post by Que »

ok , so ... have made some progress... maybe a small minor tweak before release.
because I have the redeemer in the map they all swarm to it lol.
but welcome to come test and see what you think..

---{ PSYCHO-SERVERS USA }--- | DeathMatch+ TargetPractice
74.208.175.52:7765
is under the GameType (votable) called "DeathMatch+ TargetPractice".

am using SWFL8 which has the following settings..

Code: Select all

[SmartWFL.SWFL3]
bRemoveAllWeapons=True
bRemoveAllAmmo=True
bRemoveRedeemer=False
bRemoveInvisibility=False
bRemoveUDamage=False
bRemoveThighpads=False
bRemoveShieldBelt=False
bRemoveArmor=False
bRemoveHealthPack=False
bRemoveMedKits=False
bRemoveHealthVials=False
bRemoveTranslocator=False
bRemoveEnforcer=True
bRemoveImpactHammer=True
bGiveRipper=True
bGiveMinigun=True
bGiveBioRifle=True
bGivePulseGun=True
bGiveShockRifle=True
bGiveSniperRifle=True
bGiveFlakCannon=True
bGiveEightball=True
bGiveRedeemer=False
bRemoveJumpboots=False
bGiveSuperShock=False
bUseDefaultMaxAmmo=True
EnforcerAmmo=199
PulseGunAmmo=199
ShockRifleAmmo=50
FlakcannonAmmo=50
BioRifleAmmo=100
MinigunAmmo=199
SniperAmmo=50
RipperAmmo=75
EightballAmmo=48
RedeemerAmmo=2
bNoDroppedWeapons=True
bNoTossedWeapons=True
bGiveRipperToBots=False
bGiveMinigunToBots=False
bGiveBioRifleToBots=False
bGivePulseGunToBots=False
bGiveShockRifleToBots=False
bGiveSuperShockToBots=False
bGiveSniperRifleToBots=False
bGiveFlakCannonToBots=False
bGiveEightballToBots=False
bGiveRedeemerToBots=False
bUseUnlimitedAmmo=True
*Can download and Use smart Weapons Fully Loaded 8 (SWFL) for Weaponless Bots.
*Join our Discord Here.*
*Our Servers