Loathsomes Monster/ScriptedPawn Tweak

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Loathsomes Monster/ScriptedPawn Tweak

Post by papercoffee »

Barbie wrote:
MrLoathsome wrote:This crap is only going to support 256 in the list.
Does the compiler throw an error?
MrLoathsome wrote: *Edit. When it gets over 255 (not 511), it will just delete any new array elements added while continuing to sort the list elements from 0-255.
No warnings or errors of course on compile or run-time. It is happy to make empty arrays with more than 256 elements for some reason. Writes em to the config file nice and empty.

I had forgotten about those limitations while I was writing this pointless thing.

To hell with it.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Loathsome, can't you like work with it in chunks? Divide the large array into small pieces, and work with them separately. Make multiple "pages" in the config list. Something like that.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Yes.

But is there any need or interest? Has anybody created a list bigger than 256 with this yet? (or even tried it? :roll: )
blarg
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Or you make a single string, with an infinite amount of serializable elements.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Gustavo6046 wrote:Or you make a single string, with an infinite amount of serializable elements.
Strings are limited to 1023 characters.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

MrLoathsome wrote: Has anybody created a list bigger than 256 with this yet?
I started to use it, stopped when it became clear the larger version wouldn't work, and then recently went back to using the original version. With this version I have created a list with 256 monsters. The number of entries in the list does go above 256 depending on how many 'new' monsters are detected in the session but, on closing down UT and starting it up again later, anything after [255] is overwritten - thus far I have got up to 268 but this number will probably drop the next time I play.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Barbie wrote:
Gustavo6046 wrote:Or you make a single string, with an infinite amount of serializable elements.
Strings are limited to 1023 characters.
But you can use strings to maximize entries: 63 strings (chunks), in each of 32 arrays (banks). I guess that would be a nice way, wouldn't it be?

Weapon of Destruction