MH-RobotFactory

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Barbie
Godlike

MH-RobotFactory

Post by Barbie »

In map MH-RobotFactory (default GameType=Class'MonsterHunt.MonsterHunt') exist two TeamTrigger (#4 and 5) to activate the lifts. But they don't seem to work with normal MonsterHunt - is that intended?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: MH-RobotFactory

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I believe it was a TMH (TeamMonsterHunt) map converted to regular MonsterHunt. Those might've been leftovers from the conversion or something. So yeah, likely not needed. :idea:
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Your are correct. That map was just too beautiful to remain unused in the TMH gametype and it was me that did the regular MH conversion for my server. Alucard is a good guy and one hell of a mapper. I miss him, hope he's OK.

He was fine with usage B if you see good fixes.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

JackGriffin wrote:He was fine with usage B if you see good fixes.
The map has found the way to my work bench because a player suddenly had a negative score when playing the map online (server has scoring by damage), but I have not found the reason for it yet - maybe that was not map dependant at all.

But beside that the map has some minor problems: a ScriptedPawn with bStatic=True, some Access Nones and Mesh error messages.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Finally I have figured out why the map ends sometimes without the need of a MonsterEnd: The mapper has coded

Code: Select all

class Head expands Pupae;

var(Pawn) int ScoreScaleDam;
var() name HealthEvent[4];
var() int HealthHealth[4];

function TakeDamage( int Damage, Pawn instigatedBy, Vector hitlocation, Vector momentum, name damageType) {
local int i;
	super.TakeDamage( Damage, instigatedBy, hitlocation, momentum, damageType);

if ((Frand() * ScoreScaleDam < Damage) && (instigatedBy.PlayerReplicationInfo != None))
	{
		teamgameplus(level.game).teams[instigatedBy.playerreplicationinfo.Team].score += 1;
		instigatedBy.playerreplicationinfo.score += 1;
	}
}
Because of increasing TeamGamePlus.Team[n].Score there the value of GoalTeamScore (default value is 30 in MonsterHunt) is reached sometimes and TeamGamePlus.ScoreKill() ends the game then.