20TH Anniversary "French Level Pack"

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: 20TH Anniversary "French Level Pack"

Post by Carbon »

Thanks Leo! Good stuff, as always.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Thanks.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Seems like there are sections that had other maps I played, I don't mean stock maps but areas that seem to be I "think" I seen before, but not the map.

Ok,,, so,,,,, why didn't we get to play the last flythrough map ?

It was ok to play, the ending was a let down. There was some cool areas that will stick with you and remember for a long time.
Binary Space Partitioning
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

All these maps are not all-new. Didn't you read the description of what they were?

They are basically remastered classics, most of them have been part of early level design contest for Unreal that was held in 1998.

Then with a certain release of Unreal in France they included that extra CD (kind of a waste given it contained very little),
which had the "votlan" level in it, back in the vortex rikers. (plus it told you to get extra levels most of which were those contest entries so all those kinda made it a level pack,
this was after all an attempt to fix up such level pack and tie it together with a more coherent story)

The CD level was part based on a pre-release vortex2 with a new area/room. This area has been redesigned in this version to make it more beliavable as that level was obviously rushed and not tested properly, as if you walked towards the electrocution chair in the original, a bsp hole would crater you....

The intermissions etc are new, but as for the outro flyby.

That was actually made out of .the ut beta dm liandri (hence why it's not playable but this map might get playable in a sequel/addon as a sp map still) and some discarded brushes from the other maps/unused things. So there's that.

Yes I had a plan making an addon pack for this and I want to keep the details secret. Some preliminary work was done though. So this "story" is not yet fully done.
EDIT: You know I realize it is kind of funny that ONP made a big deal of returning back to Vortex Rikers when exactly the same premise was already in votlan and Unreal PSX.
Each having their take on it to boot too. :lol2:

But thanks to the pack featuring now the early botpack stuff (why not, since it's all from a similar time), now we could have the transloc way done yet again in the inter map, which features the iconic room from gateway.unr by Shane Caudle.

Long ago when I was about 12 I kept dreaming that Vortex could have a side room somewhere with one of those devices from gateway or similar and back then I was also into Stargate a lot so now when we got to make this pack I recalled that old idea.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I guess what it is, to show the last flythrough, but then let the player off have a little more way to go to some exit.

Because going from the nice flythrough right to the end screen is so in your face abrupt, it would be nice to see the flythrough then walk a little more

(And make that last map playable) :tu:
Binary Space Partitioning
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

It might get playable, but not in an update or something, more like in the sequel/spinoff of this. But first things first, right now I lack money, I don't even have a laptop that runs Unreal with me as I'm abroad and have been defrauded recently.
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

sry for the bump!

frgn awesome, thanks for this rebuild!
Read about these before, but never get the chance to see them.

They have to go on the all-in-one classic install! 8)
Have it configured as coopgame2 on a 451 server installation. (along with ONP&RTNP&PSX!)

Awesome fun with oldskool mod!
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Turns out one of the Inter levels had a package flag set to never download.
MODDB DOWNLOAD
DOWNLOAD

Here's a patch to remedy that. It's a simple flag change.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

There will be a better UT fix for this/better UT support with ut counterpart of weapons, possibly developed by Aspide. The reason for this is simple, I started to work on "FLP2" aka the Cover CDs Level Pack. Doesn't just entail cover CDs but also country exclusive maps bundled with Unreal or extra downloadable content for mac unreal and demo maps and what not stringed together into one package. It will be esentially an addon on top of FLP, you will need the FLP files but will have separate entry as in doesn't follow directly from end of FLP. It will also feature the rest of the "Unreality" sp maps that weren't FLP and the reject/forgotten contest maps too.

You will take control of Juarez, the side character introduced in Episode 2 of Unreal PSX. And you will explore in the beginning the mysterious UMS Chantilly that was in an optional area in Return To Na Pali, but never explored before!

You might also meet other characters and it will nicely all tie up and tie in into a bigger story. I don't want to spoil anything further. There might or might not be some extra weapons depending on the help I might get on this, there are several weapons I left unfinished that I wanted to include in ASP and what not and here might be a better place for them like the "WARPulsegun".

This will be quite different than other packs in that you already know the fate of the main character but this time you get to play the part...

Or maybe there can be different endings? Who knows.

Automatically merged

I also want to add...I started to work on this only because the IRL situation seemed to have calmed down but as of today, I lost mostly access to the volny e-mail, I'm probably going to use adress primarily now on from our own domain. The people at centrum.cz/economia are really arrogant, the helpdesk decided to block certain browsers and stop supporting http 1.0, meaning not even answering and redirecting to 1.1, no outright refusal blockage, without even saying the reason. The rest of the www works fine. They just keep fucking up and putting more "anti spam" measures which are actually political. I'm sick of it really.

And now the landlord has went crazy and claimed stuff hasn't been paid even though he got confirmation before it has.

And the list of fuckups just doesn't end there. I might or might not finish this project or the world might go up in flames anyday. So there's that...just putting this out here for now and saying that its no longer just in planning phase.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I released this on modb already.https://www.moddb.com/mods/french-level ... -ut-update

but i'll also post a mirror here.

download

as said in the description

Made by Aspide upon my request. Sent for testing to several people prior and two adjustments/fixes by me and JackHonda.

I'm also announcing a new weapon for FLP2 that will use the razorjack ammo, but I want to keep the surprise. I decided for a single ending in the end instead of a diverse ones but there will be a major new twist and it will connect to both Unreal PSX, French Level Pack, the novels and even to RTNP (chantilly etc). Some loose story ends from these packs will get wrapped up in here as final surprise.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Additional extra/alternate map released:

flotsamcombo

consider it an alternate universe version

moddb
https://www.moddb.com/mods/french-level ... ed-version

This is a combined/custom version of flotsam that jackhonda combined on my request from the version found on the complete gamer expansion pack compilation cd. This was also the version corresponding more or less to the old xanaweb screenshot that featured the allied mercenaries (which wasn't clear that they were allied).

apparently also the palette issue for spacefx didn't need to be fixed as demonstrated here but given he only released the fix in 2020 I guess it was still good there was a fix for the map in question that added its own palette as opposed to using the spacefx texture one.

https://www.oldunreal.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 4329#p4329