MH-FNB-TOD-P1-BETA (MH Temple Of Dragons)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: MH-FNB-TOD-P1-BETA (MH Temple Of Dragons)

Post by OjitroC »

dot wrote: If you did not reach the control center and were killed, the respawn will no longer be in the control center, but in the tower.
Yes, I've noticed that though it doesn't always happen. Most of the time the respawn is back at the start in the control centre.
dot
Average

Post by dot »

FraGnBraG wrote:you know that's a cool idea.. :) I wonder if that's too much fuss for you right now...?
Unfortunately, I was unable to locally reproduce the first part of the first bug - respawn in the tower after death before the first teleport. It was on the server, but not locally.

I check on server - all ok too. maybe it happens only with few players or I missed something. I don't know.

The rest of the video recorded:

fast end:

open all:
Here I forget trigger one place before place for last path, so open 3 relics, not four.

bug 1: relics not appear:

bug 2: dead end:

bug 3: invisible wall:

bug 4: invisible wall:

bug 5: no texture:

bug 6: if you want kill all monsters after control station (final last return) - you can not return to the temple beacuse no way lead here.

-MERGED-

bug 7: done heart without relics:
It is work only on server. Not locally.
You can kill al dragons and return to control room without place relict of heart.

-MERGED-

bug 8: If few players use this map then respawn point moved randomly between control and tower - depends where seen last player.

For example for bug 7 I need run from control center respawn because players stay here, s you see at video end.
Even if I die in temple. It is really boring - run from wrong respawn. Die and run again.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

@dot
please avoid double or triple posts within 24 hours limit.

We allow our members to Edit their posts. :wink:
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

Thank you for the video and testing - ya those are all bugs or bad "team" logic.

I see how to fix some already:

fast end and open all - these you are manipulating/activating triggers that are "exposed".
that's bad design on my part - good catch on that one DOT :thuup: What it is doing now is this:
from the teleporter player will fall through a trigger that calls a dispatcher etc etc.
I can get rid of the trigger and activate the dispatcher another way. maybe the teleporter itself
can act like a trigger - i have to check that..

#1 - this one you put the helmet relic BEFORE the sheild - Then the events are now out of order !! my bad!!!
helmet should be blocked.

#2 - bad design bug - I should trigger to close those teleport doors after a player returns to base and triggers the next relic portal.
Not hard to fix, just bad I overlooked the bug. Once fixed, the player can only return to skaarj base by the active relic door which will then close when player gets up to the
control room and activates the next relic portal.

#3 #4 #5 - the invisible wall/texture error is caused by BSP error on the rotation of brushes - this happens often with this type of brushing but is not impossible to fix.
the surfaces are not aligned on the grid and that itself cause HOMs. This "map section" (or room) was free of homs before - this one comes and goes. I will deal with it
after other stuff.

#6 - not sure if you should be able to go back !? once you leave the pyramid that's it
you have to go to the control room to end the game...

#7 - heh heh heh heh - never in a million years would I think of that :P
your somehow shooting rockets through the mover!!! there is a small space between edge of mover disk and the subtract brush it is positioned inside. maybe 2 or 4 uu
I suspect the splash damage from rockets is actual getting in that way and kills the dragons... wow :???:

#8 - I thougth i fixed this problem. guess not. There are only two sets of playerstarts. Here is the intended logic:
A. in the skaarj base -> skaarj ps = ON and tower ps = OFF. Portal teleporter to outdoors should switch tower ps = ON, and skaarj ps = OFF.
B. in the outdoors -> skaarj ps = OFF and tower ps = ON. Relic teleporter to skaarj base should switch tower ps = OFF, and skaarj ps = ON.

I see where this could be a problem for a team - team mates will get stranded. I need a better plan for this.

Anyways, Great feedback Dot

Thank you for the help :rock:
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Not getting this, is the map broke or not, and, why is DOT not fixing a FNB map ? I see it says BETA, but is this a beta that DOT is fixing, or is this an old FNB map that DOT is fixing. ?

Now I am pissed LoL

wrong album dang it LoL

there fixed beta post :P
Last edited by Red_Fist on Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Binary Space Partitioning
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

FraGnBraG wrote:maybe the teleporter itself can act like a trigger
Have a look at Teleporter's code in function Touch():

Code: Select all

// Teleport the actor into the other teleporter.
if ( Other.IsA('Pawn') )
	PlayTeleportEffect( Pawn(Other), false);
Dest.Accept( Other, self );
if( (Event != '') && (Other.IsA('Pawn')) )
	foreach AllActors( class 'Actor', A, Event )
		A.Trigger( Other, Other.Instigator );
dr;tl: yes, a Teleporter raises its event when a Pawn is teleported.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
dot
Average

Post by dot »

FraGnBraG wrote:fast end and open all - these you are manipulating/activating triggers that are "exposed".
If you use debug triggers - need hide it. Or make hard to activate by accident.
While I try record bug 7 on server, some players income to server and accidentally activate trigger for last path. It is summon dragons on my head - lot of pain.
Better use trigger for fire. For example in some point. Because rare fire on start point if it safe place. Or move to real hard place to reach. Currently it too often triggered accidentally.
Once fixed, the player can only return to skaarj base by the active relic door which will then close when player gets up to the
control room and activates the next relic portal.
Not good solution for team game. First player use tele, but another?
You need think "multithreaded". MH is team game, not single player. You can not rely on order events (pass tele close it, for example) or player position (player can be in two places in one time).
Also in MH must be possibility return back to kill all monsters on the map. It is good design.
Key points can be accessible or not, but location can be returnable.
Also in this MH server enabled translocator and team translocator. So you must know about this possibility. It can destroy expected order of events.
#7 - heh heh heh heh - never in a million years would I think of that
It is obviously. DM-Deck16][. You can fire in elevator bottom while bot stand in elevator center. It is not work locally, but very good work on any network server. Maybe because something connected with replication, I do not know.

It is not only one place where it can possible. For example, you can kill all closest monsters, like puppae, on main temple before it activated and all exits is closed. Monsters see you through mover, try move from it, you fire any splash damage - they die. Typical trick for MH.

I only show dragons because it is break events chain. In other cases it is simplified run, but not break chain.
#8 - I thougth i fixed this problem. guess not. There are only two sets of playerstarts. Here is the intended logic:
A. in the skaarj base -> skaarj ps = ON and tower ps = OFF. Portal teleporter to outdoors should switch tower ps = ON, and skaarj ps = OFF.
B. in the outdoors -> skaarj ps = OFF and tower ps = ON. Relic teleporter to skaarj base should switch tower ps = OFF, and skaarj ps = ON.
As I say, I try record bug 7. I died in temple, respawn in base, run to tele to town (this must switch respawn), die, respawn again in base...
Few other players stay on base respawn and wait for me because they want another map, but I want record bug. :)
So because they stay on base and move on it, they always switch respawn to base.
Also respawn on front dragon it is not fair. ;)
Red_Fist wrote:is the map broke or not, and, why is DOT not fixing a FNB map ? I see it says BETA, but is this a beta that DOT is fixing, or is this an old FNB map that DOT is fixing. ?
I am not map editor. Just stupid user.

For this map you can use next scheme:
Respawn on base. Always.
Go to relics room. Activate first. It is activate teleport to tower. It is placed near, and active always after activation.
Also activated teleport on respawn point. It is allowed directly tele to tower from respawn point.
Each relict place is closed (force field or mover brash) by default, except first.
Chain contains of next events: place relict - defend guards. After that triggered open tele to respawn. It never closes. But you need place + defend, or next relict can not be activated. only place do not allow trigger next item.
After last relict you can open final path for end.
Temple and base connected in double way. You can return in any time. But key point must be processed in properly sequence.
Noting hard, nothing complicated. No dead end, no unexpected moving respawn.
Last edited by dot on Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I see what happened, since from my MH Electrolyte map FNB had to go crazy on making BIG MH gameplay making things so convoluted you may never find the end, :P the same as he does big on making--stretching BIG maps.

I know it's true :mrgreen:

Glad he is adventuring into MH, because all those maps will be timeless. :thuup:
Binary Space Partitioning
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

fragnbrag I swear I saw long time ago a ctf version of this greats map?
By the way, the correct version to plaay MH is 5.03? thanks!
dot
Average

Post by dot »

Bug 9: Central console not visible.

Bug 10: Brash fly in air.