DM-Sucker

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Krull0r
Average
Personal rank: 227 Emitter Expert

DM-Sucker

Post by Krull0r »

Download: http://www.unrealredux.com/KrullStuff/U ... Sucker.zip

Here it is! My first ever Unreal Tournament deathmatch map!

I built this map just for fun. I started this Monday with the basic idea which includes an unneccesary huge fan on the ceiling wich sucks everything in and this is the result :D

I hope you guys like it :)

Here are some preview screenshots:

RetroEpoch
Average
Personal rank: The more the merrier

Re: DM-Sucker

Post by RetroEpoch »

I... I might try it when I arrive at home... It's really cool, :gj: !
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

Tried it, cool little layout, but I have two issues:

1- Impossible to escape the fan once you're up there with the pickup. So there's no reason to go there unless you want to die, so there's no reason to venture at the center of the map and try to get the pickup up there. It makes the gimmick a bit pointless.
2 - You don't get sucked up by the fan as long as you don't leave the ground because the reverse gravity zone only starts 64uu above the ground.

Both of these issues can be fixed by extending the reverse-gravity zone to the ground. This way, players get sucked up as soon as they move inside the area underneath the fan. It alsogives players enough momentum to bounce on the central lamp under the fan and escape the gravity zone mid-bounce, making it possible to leave with the pickup instead of being 100% certain to die once stuck up there.
You must construct additional pylons.
Krull0r
Average
Personal rank: 227 Emitter Expert

Post by Krull0r »

@hellkeeper thanks for feedback :)

Both issues are planned :)

Issue #1 if you stuck there you are trapped and other players will kill. You can easily dodge to the pickup your head bounce off the light where the pickup is placed and you land on the other side.

Issue #2 if the player is under the fan and takes a hit he will sucked in. You can also use the fan to reach the other levels in the map with a perfect timed dodge.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

You're right, I managed to escape the fan by bouncing and to propel myself to the upper level. The boucing though is very hard to time and execute, I pulverized myself 90% of the time. :lol:
You must construct additional pylons.