FraGnBraG AMC contest content

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: FraGnBraG AMC contest content

Post by OjitroC »

FraGnBraG wrote: Okay here it is - I had to do some work to fix a few things but it actually works pretty well :)
That's brilliant - thanks a lot - look forward to playing it. :tu:

I have played Temple of Dragons Part 1 several times and enjoyed it immensely so I'll probably play it again before playing TOD Part 2.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

okay, sorry for bouncing around like a beach ball :-p

Well, I've gone sour on the CTF-face idea I had - mainly due to TOO damn much face in UT99 already!!!

So then I started thinking about gametype other than DM, CTF, DOM, and MonsterHunt.

NEW MAPS are in short supply, that's a given, but is making a UT99 ASSAULT, SEIGE, Jailbreak or Strangelove map a waste of time?
(the point being someone will actually play the map after the contest ends)

Does anyone still play these games? Yes I know UnrealKillers and UTA League are still around but would these people even want a new map?

JB might be too old by now - Seige sounds interesting (never tried that)

Opinions?
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Tyr
Skilled

Post by Tyr »

I would love to see a new game type like a combination of CTF and domination. I usually play the default gametypes but i would have some cool mapping ideas if CTFDOM would exist.
Released:
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Tyr wrote:I would love to see a new game type like a combination of CTF and domination. I usually play the default gametypes but i would have some cool mapping ideas if CTFDOM would exist.
Sounds like Flag Domination or Scavenger Hunt to me. SH is pribably a hidden gem of a gametype, bots play it pretty well. :rock: (no activity online though I believe)

SH Maps:
http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Ma ... angerHunt/

SH Gametype:
http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Ga ... er%20hunt/

FD Maps:
http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Ma ... omination/

FD Gametype:
http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Ga ... lagDom.rar

(Sorry for derailing your topic FnB, gonna try out your maps tomorrow, pinky swear!!)
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

FraGnBraG wrote: Opinions?
This is easy: do what interests you. It doesn't matter if it isn't used as much as something else. That shouldn't be your litmus test. You've already got an established legacy with a body of work that anyone would envy. Do you want to add another DM map to that or push yourself and make something unique?
So long, and thanks for all the fish
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, I agree with JackGriffin - do what you think will give you the most enjoyment and satisfaction.
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

Just a little plug for Fragball :oops:

This gametype was popular for a little bit but then died.
A pity as great fun with the right amount of players who understood how to play it :)

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
RetroEpoch
Average
Personal rank: The more the merrier

Post by RetroEpoch »

I have a feeling about playing something similar in Quake 3...

Very nice, I want to play this map!

:gj:
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Just downloaded ALL of the betas from your signature, FnB. Man I dunno what to even say, loving all of them! :tu:

Only troubles might be on the MH P1 Orion's Curse and Temple of Dragons maps those Skaarj Snipers are one shotting me so hard every time :lol2: plz nerf the damage or accuracy or something lol.

I think I said the DOM Fallen Angel map was a bit confusing to navigate, but after a 2nd time I got the hang of it (I must've been walking in circles like „ok lets try right, right... right again oh Im here again” DOH!). :ironic:

Temple of Dragons P2 LOVING the Skaarj theme in the beginning, holy crap it looks amazing!!

Island-X and Four Temples no troubles at all as well. Warning NSFW :mrgreen:

All in all looking forward to your finished maps man. :thuup:

Cheers!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I never play team games, I should see what that SH is all about wonder how it is. The main reason I like MH is it's like playing SP but you get bots so the story part isn't too critical.
Binary Space Partitioning
FraGnBraG
Inhuman

Post by FraGnBraG »

Busted my ass on this CTF over the last few weeks and it's almost ready for BETA

The looks are bit shitty right now but the CTF gameplay (BOTS etc) has become pretty decent
And the frame rates coming under control. Actually works with 16 - 24 bots/players running
at a steady 60fps. I've cut a lot of brushes, lights, area in order to create more direct paths
but it is still a huge map (and there are still bot bugs, which is why I need to beta this - i can't
find them all...

Once the bots and gameplay are working I'll finish the lights sounds and details etc.

Believe it or not, I was actually trying hard here, no cheating or anything - My BLUE team just getting
whupped by RED team with 7 minutes left. Obviously RED is slipping through defence points etc... beta!

Maybe tomorrow :)
CTF Big And Ugly - Ass Kicking by Inhuman Bots 99.jpg
Note the death counts likely due to fighting in the middle area with too many powerups available.
It can be a cluster-fu### in that area - there's a few redeemers around and the Bots do use them
(they just can't aim :P)

Cheers
Skerion
Average

Post by Skerion »

It's good to see that you're touching up on some of your unfinished work and getting them ready for beta testing. These maps deserve to be played on.

I remember that on your website, you posted an unfinished CTF map that was a large city getting invaded by aliens (CTF-FNB-ID4 was what it was called). Honestly, It looks fairly impressive, and it's one of those kind of maps that I'm into. Assuming you still have the files, would it be feasible to fix it up a bit and release it as a beta, or would it need a massive overhaul?
FraGnBraG
Inhuman

Post by FraGnBraG »

Skerion wrote:It's good to see that you're touching up on some of your unfinished work and getting them ready for beta testing. These maps deserve to be played on.

I remember that on your website, you posted an unfinished CTF map that was a large city getting invaded by aliens (CTF-FNB-ID4 was what it was called). Honestly, It looks fairly impressive, and it's one of those kind of maps that I'm into. Assuming you still have the files, would it be feasible to fix it up a bit and release it as a beta, or would it need a massive overhaul?
Ha ha - I played that recently... There's a fair bit of work there, but it basically works and I really need to get someone like KingJosh involved because there are so many surfaces to decorate with signs and posters etc - I just don't have enough different textures (but I bet he does, lol!

I could post a beta of that one in the near future (it is down on the list a bit)