Order of some callbacks

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
dot
Average

Order of some callbacks

Post by dot »

Order for some callbacks can be different from your assumption.

For example if player connect in middle game then for this player called
ModifyPlayer before PostLogin.

If player connect before game start, then obviously ModifyPlayer called after PostLogin, because ModifyPlayer called on each respawn.
Last edited by dot on Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Order of some callbacks

Post by sektor2111 »

There are a few net problems which have to be in account at this point, player connecting before game-start and after game-start. Definitely some stuff should be in account carefully. Allow me to sample directly.
A "TimedTrigger" acting a Mover (Train) having some... visual stuff for client. Client might have these things connected with mover properly but if game is being started already and mover moving, attaching stuff to mover in client might go flawed if I can predict this well. I went to alternate solution, writing some stuff with a few Net properties changed and embedded directly or else all player connected after start will see lousy things...

More little details:
Some "train" traveling has lights and siren and each light should stay properly on train's spot getting over Mover problems for On-Line. I think I did some stuff tested out of XC_Engine and with XC fixes (more tests are needed to confirm 100% - I'm not releasing screwed up things). Mover was moving in 30 seconds and went slower to 45 for new XC timings Server/Client. Considering this dynamic deal I changed some values to trigger for preventing to wait ages for a train left from station due to a timing lost. Map will address all environments with/without XC_Engine and... MUST have Bot support. The fact is UT's stock has no deal here. Lights (a bit corona types) are changing according to train movement: White in front, switching to Red when train returns, and sitting on a yellow light when train is being stopped in stations. These should work On-Line as well.

I had to setup such mapping actors and not for a later depletion because later game player-connector is not the same as the dude witnessing the start of match.

I'm interested if you have other finds or good stuff like you did before.
dot
Average

Re: Order of some callbacks

Post by dot »

On some maps, I observe such a picture, when connected to the server after the start: the doors open, the blocks move, and so on. This is due to the fact that the state of the client level does not correspond to the state of the server level. Everything you see, for example, closing the door, is nothing more than animation.

You will not be able to go through the door until it “closes” or forward a teleport through it, because the server is counting on these actions, and the door is closed on its side. It is only an illusion to synchronize the client level with the server level.