MH-AMC-Mesospheric

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: MH-AMC-Mesospheric

Post by papercoffee »

OjitroC wrote:
papercoffee wrote::| can't find package BBoyShar.
I want to playtest this map.
The map will load with any one of BBShare (larger version), BBShare (smaller version) and BBShars - in fact, the map will load and run WITHOUT any of those files in the /System directory.
Then can you explain this?
BBOY-missing01.png
BBOY-missing02.png
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

papercoffee wrote: Then can you explain this?
No, I can't - all I can say is that I've tried it with each of the BBoyShar_ variants and without any of them and the map has loaded OK on my system. Are you playing the AMC version or the AWC version?
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

oh there is also an AMC version?
I downloaded it from here. And it was the AWC :|
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

papercoffee wrote:oh there is also an AMC version?
Yes, that's the latest, broken version - it's the one that is now in Terraniux's thread in the first post, I think. The AWC is the earlier version (which does require BBoyShars.u).

If you run the AMC version, don't forget to change the CloudZone to a VacuumZone before you play it.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

OjitroC wrote:
papercoffee wrote:oh there is also an AMC version?
Yes, that's the latest, broken version - it's the one that is now in Terraniux's thread in the first post, I think. The AWC is the earlier version (which does require BBoyShars.u).
In that post is still the AWC version. viewtopic.php?p=108335#p108335
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

papercoffee wrote: In that post is still the AWC version. viewtopic.php?p=108335#p108335
Only Terraniux can clarify what's happened - the AMC version submitted for the contest has obviously been replaced at some stage by the original AWC version (and BBoyShars.u needed for the AWC version has been replaced by BBoyShare.u, which is why you got that error message). Notice that the screenshots in the zip are the shots of the sky as it is in the AMC version rather than in the AWC version.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

fwiw i was playing testing the AWC version ... I just never realised it did not say "AMC" ....

maybe that's why my version was working?
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

FraGnBraG wrote:maybe that's why my version was working?
Yes, that version runs fine, no hangs or crashes. It lacks the CloudZone and doesn't have a lot of the music stuff nor, indeed, as many monsters as the AMC version does.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Nope, indeed it will be CloudZone not VacuumZone... Else thanks Oijtroc for PM, I'm setting up full Bot Support and buggers out. Diamond supposed to rotate but being a bStatic actor will be mobilized into an alias a bit shiny, paths in gravity zone will get linked, I'm going to track if exist another call to something rammed, all BBoy collection has been deleted. Yes, coronas from base had the same rammed group but I quickly fixed problem according to recommended coronas from CM4...
Paths will except PlayerStarts from Navigation but they are still part of NavigationPointslist for a proper deal with game controllers, they are about be blind without navigation data - I found a solution to convince all DevPaths (XC and non XC types) to leave me alone as I want. Here I went to develop a feature in builder (a very simple trick lol ) which I will release if you people want it... and later when map will be ready and if you want that as well, I'll share it for showing you what I think when I'm speaking about this map, not before testing it privately ON-Line... I want to see all net stuff working properly.

Decorations: Some trees have been "re-prepivot-ed" properly - And... would be good to have builder able to round those 63.988762 collision craps because these floating numbers are way useless, we can have rounded numbers with no issues.

Of course, all credits goes to Terraniux for this testing environment.
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

Nice you found a solution Ojitroc. :gj: :D. It makes me a happy man.

But Nelsona, the ued elder god adviced me to swap them..... :confused2:
Im very relieved we got it.

But can the situation be altered? not using either actors or something else? like a kill - all zone?

--
Sorry for the confusion guys with the package. It was always AWC, then later on I discoverd it should be AMC. for almost 3 months I red: amc.... :loool:
My disk is the problem. I stopped working earlier ago. I got confused with the package as well, which one was the lastest and previous.. one.
Ok, Bb actor is never to be used again by me! What a mess.

Give me the story in short what I should fix for the final mappack version.

Thanks guys, you have been a great help. :thuup:

Beers are on me.
This member can only post when permitted.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Terraniux wrote:Nice you found a solution Ojitroc.
No, not me - Barbie and sektor2111 are the ones who have found the solution(s).
sektor2111 wrote: Nope, indeed it will be CloudZone not VacuumZone.
So you can get the CloudZone not to crash it?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

CloudZone is killing a pawn entered with any matter taking in account ENEMY - or a suicide if no enemy - I used it in all my MH craps with no single problem - problems are usually from wild packages. If you shoot at a Skaarj direction and moron is dodging over ledge, and definitely you being his ENEMY, his death will count as your kill - a sort of WhoPushedMe mutator in other format. CloudZone is NOT ADVISABLE at all in CTF games because NON pawns are destroyed there. If a CTF map has this thing should be fixed, or quickly patched else it will cause problems. Of course this can be rewritten for CTF in another format but it's OFF-TOPIC here.

The Map:
A previous version has less brushes, Last ones added in AWC were doing something affecting surfaces and messing decals, I will spy them another time, at this moment what is done works, an extra-examination is needed because I could see SpawnPoints lost in the wild not connected with any Factory but I solved them, and maybe I have to break these outta network like PlayerStarts... :idea: . It's useless to have more data in paths array because these are not even needed and fly seekers are powerful anyway... they can find more targets than ground units.
Now I have to examine monsters and projectiles, even if I don't need that. Default MH servers should not go in troubles when projectiles with no net codes and no damage are used. Map has to be playable for everyone. I will spend a bit looking around for any trouble maker.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

I see but changing the CloudZone for a VacuumZone (in the AMC version) results in a stable map with no significant log errors - I've done that and played two games in it (each game about 70 minutes).

Comments on the map
  • 1 Previously noted error "Warning: Failed to load 'Sound Announcer.Winner': Failed to find object 'Sound Announcer.Winner'"
    2 I don't know if it is the model I use but a significant proportion of the steps can't be walked up, one has to jump
    3 I'm not sure it is a good idea to use flies on this type of map as quite a few of them just end up flying into the Cloud/Vacuum Zone and dying
    4 As noted by FNB, the jumppad into the building with the flies and gasbags on the 'Queen's Island' doesn't always throw one directly up and several tries are necessary to use it successfully
    5 I don't think all the tentacles in the building noted in 4 have projectiles
    6 The underground teleporter on the first island takes one to a 'secret' but is it actually useable? I haven't found a way of opening the bars
    7 The mantas on the first island take a long time to spawn and one is likely to be on the 'Queen's island' before they have all spawned
    8 In both games there were monsters unaccounted for - 10 in the first game and 7 in the second - as far as I could tell, these were not in the VacuumZone
    9 Not sure mixing Berserkers with other Skaarj Warrior types is a good idea as the former tend to kill the latter
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Cloud for me did not have problems so far and definitely monster should not escape there like in other maps being un-killable. If destruction and evil stuff comes from CloudZone then... I will set another type of deal... I see rare but still happening problems here and there... Okay, changing the death...
Perhaps here is a nasty load slowing down engine (I can see this in rendering) and then I expect some execution frames getting funky...

That "announcer" I wanna see where it's located...

Bars from ground teleporter have default Tag "Mover" - it looks like is not connected anywhere...
OjitroC wrote: 9 Not sure mixing Berserkers with other Skaarj Warrior types is a good idea as the former tend to kill the latter
Allow me to handle this, I've done some wrapping in maps where game started with 502 monsters and in 10 minutes of no battling, they were remaining 370+, the most of them attacking each-other (defalt MH). If I will solve game problems I promise some MonsterShadow On-Line for clients - this might be indeed an AWESOME map.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

In the last two games I've played things have not happened as they should although I found all the necessary objects and done all the right things:
  • 1 On the 'Queen's island', the bars to the area with the 'shiny object' didn't open (the teleporter on the floor above that doesn't go anywhere although I think, from memory, in playing the first version it went to the floor where the 'shiny object' is)
    2 In the next game, the 'gate' on the bridge to the 'Warlord's island' didn't go down as it should
Also on the 'Warlord's island' the first and last step in the tower are too high to walk up and one has to jump on to them.

In the last game there were 7 monsters unaccounted for - perhaps there is an issue somewhere with spawning them or with a counter?

There is no ambient sound in the map which detracts slightly from the overall atmosphere.