The End. Enjoy my junk while it still exists.

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Re: The End. Enjoy my junk while it still exists.

Post by Hellkeeper »

After all those years mapping for UT, I'm still not famous either. Where's my statue guys, what are you waiting for? I want an equestrian bust. :mad2:
You must construct additional pylons.
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

If it makes you feel any better replicant, my result rotated 180 degrees too. Didn't expect this crap either. Last year I was second, got zero votes this year :pfff: :noidea
But the only one to blame is ME. I created it, not somebody else.

Even though the game is dying, every man that is leaving makes it more death than it already is. Stay around even if you don't play. Seek the fun in a forum too.
It usually helps me stimulate the good vibes.... Who cares if only 50 persons on the planet play the game in a few years? It is about the fun, and learning experience.

So consider all of your options. The problem and solution is inside of you.

Put your full metal jacket back on soldier. :thuup:

Hope this helps.
This member can only post when permitted.
SzGergo
Skilled

Post by SzGergo »

srsly, i started feel sort of Fremdschämen reeding this thread...
Mapping supposed to be mostly a sort of therapeutic activity... for example, in the last twenty years i started to sculpt into bsp about a hundred of different map idea, i finished a dozen or two, and i released only a few... If once in a blue moon someone said something nice about my stuff then it obviously felt nice for sure, but i never thought anyone should be ever obliged to appreciate anything of mine just because i put some hours (days, weeks) of work in it...
Like a few years ago there was a nice community map i also made some parts... i think the whole map eventually turned out to be a bit of huge baroquesque crap, but it was still super fun to participate, and i think none of us were upset after the map was not played, let alone became "famous"...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

SzGergo wrote: Like a few years ago there was a nice community map i also made some parts... i think the whole map eventually turned out to be a bit of huge baroquesque crap, but it was still super fun to participate
Ah yes the UT99.org Community Map ...this was great fun. I still play it sometimes ... it's fun to see all of those styles mashed together. And some rooms where really great made and we got even a convincing story to explain all those different styles lol :ironic:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Hellkeeper wrote:After all those years mapping for UT, I'm still not famous either. Where's my statue guys, what are you waiting for?
I may have made a voodoo doll of you.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Loose Cannon
Skilled

Post by Loose Cannon »

I for one am soooo thankful that this site still exists. The maps that people keep making here are amazing and a ton of fun to play (and I play offline as their aren't many that I know personally that play). I've made about 5 or 6 maps and never released any of them. Like Feralidragon said, I do it for the fun, to see if I'm able to get something to work, and it's amazing to run around a map you've created that you see in your mind. So many mappers here have helped me with little problems and "how do I do / fix this" issues. Ever since UT99 came out, I play through the "tournament" once a year (right around this holiday time) and it's still fresh, fun, and exciting as the first time I played it. So my main point is, THANK YOU to all the mappers out there, THANK YOU to everyone who continually helps everyone out with their mapping issues, and THANK YOU for this site. UT99 will never die!!

Happy New Year!!!!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Loose Cannon wrote:I've made about 5 or 6 maps and never released any of them
RELEASE THEM!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Everything is a goddamned waste of time.
blarg
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

MrLoathsome wrote:Everything is a goddamned waste of time.
breathing, living, thinking, pooping, writing in a forum, having fun... etc.

That's not how humans work. Not every doing have to be worthwhile.
Loose Cannon
Skilled

Post by Loose Cannon »

EvilGrins wrote:
Loose Cannon wrote:I've made about 5 or 6 maps and never released any of them
RELEASE THEM!
One of the main reasons I never released them was because while building a map, if I saw something in another map that I really liked or thought was cool, I would copy it over to my map especially if it really fit my maps theme. Being a novice map maker, I thought why reinvent the wheel and would just take a little piece here and there that I really liked or if it was something I didn't have the skill to make, I'd just copy it over. Therefore, there may be a "piece" here and there that is not my idea or my making, so I didn't think it appropriate to share with anyone, but it worked and was entertaining for me. Another reason is I have no idea how to pack a map ready for uploading (as far as including all the necessary files). I was going to post some pics here, but wasn't even sure how to embed them. Thought I could just drag and drop into this text, but guess not.