Hiding ALL in-game messages, inc' Flag messages - how?

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
R3plicant
Experienced

Hiding ALL in-game messages, inc' Flag messages - how?

Post by R3plicant »

Hi folks,

I'm recording UHD in-game footage of my map with bots, but the in-game messages (top left AND dead-centre) are really ruining the recordings of my bots performing bad-ass instagib play, (single shots lasting a few seconds I mean, not 20mins of continuous, casual playing).

I saw Xconsole has a way to hide the kill/death messages in the top left of the screen but not the flag messages, "Malakai Dropped The Blue Flag!" etc etc that appear in bold pale blue text in the dead centre of my screen. Is there a definite way to prevent ANY messages appearing on the screen? Perhaps a keybind or a mutator or something?

I contacted the guy who makes Xconsole but he admitted he couldn't find a way to hide all the messages.

Any knowledge very welcome, thanks. :)
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Re: Hiding ALL in-game messages, inc' Flag messages - how?

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

Pretty sure you can turn off CTF messages in the menu.

Uncheck Show Team Info.

A way to do it would make an .int for each package that displays messages(botpack, ect), because most of them are stored as defaultProperties in scripts:

To change the multi kill messages add this to the bottom of Botpack.int:
The value cant be "" it will just get ignored, it will work though with a single whitespace character for blank messages

Code: Select all

[MultiKillMessage]
DoubleKillString="D!"
TripleKillString="T!"
MultiKillString="M"
UltraKillString="U"
MonsterKillString="M"
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

If you don't figure something out let me know and I'll script a HUD that strips out everything. It won't work online but for local game footage grabs it would work.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
R3plicant
Experienced

Post by R3plicant »

JackGriffin wrote:If you don't figure something out let me know and I'll script a HUD that strips out everything. It won't work online but for local game footage grabs it would work.
Hi, I've found (with some help), Rypelcam. It's a nifty demo record feature and in the zip file was another lil mod called ClearHUD, it literally removes ALL the messages that appear on-screen during gameplay, (spectating mode too whether in a live game or a demo recording), it's simple and 100% effective. :) Thanks for the offer, Jack but luckily I have what I need, at least for now. :tu: Thanks 'lol' (user) for the PM with the link to the files. :)
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

You should post them here. I knew there were a couple of these floating around but I hadn't seen them in years. I had used one for screenshots years back and it makes a big difference.
So long, and thanks for all the fish