DM-MK4_sz-Prison-Beta4z

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
bigfoot_pi
Average

DM-MK4_sz-Prison-Beta4z

Post by bigfoot_pi »

another Mortal Kombat themed UT99 map of mine. input welcome.
link to download

ng

short preview video:
gd-xp-Xm1kY

credit to netherrealmstdios for some of the source textures. geometry is all me tho
Image ---FIGHT!---
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: DM-MK4_sz-Prison-Beta4z

Post by Feralidragon »

Out of the maps you have posted about thus far, this looks like the most interesting one by far, although they all have an interesting premise. :)

Although if you want more input from others overall, I would just advise to make these videos with higher brightness (at least I can barely see what's going on), and/or taking some screenshots of the map overall.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, this map has a great atmosphere and an interesting design/layout - I have a vague recollection of playing this many years ago.

Just to note that there are potential file mismatches with this one as a couple of the files - Mk4-prison_snd.uax and Mk4-prison_tex.utx - differ in size from the files of the same name already 'out there'.
bigfoot_pi
Average

Post by bigfoot_pi »

OjitroC wrote:Yes, this map has a great atmosphere and an interesting design/layout - I have a vague recollection of playing this many years ago.

Just to note that there are potential file mismatches with this one as a couple of the files - Mk4-prison_snd.uax and Mk4-prison_tex.utx - differ in size from the files of the same name already 'out there'.
thanks for letting me know. this is the latest version of the ut99 map and i dont think i have any other ut99 maps using those two packages so it should be ok to update/overwrite. obviously one can always make copies of the old file just in case but I dont think there should be an issue. I had to update a few graphics with higher res and color versions and I think i added some mk4 sound effects
ps- now if OTHER people took my packages and used them who knows, but those two packages should be unique to this maps versions
Image ---FIGHT!---
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, one is bigger and the other smaller than those I already have but the map runs fine using the 'old' ones. There's also a mismatch with MKsoundFX.uax which, I think, came with one of the maps you posted recently.