Agent Smith Voicepack?

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
BadCorps
Experienced
Personal rank: Unholy

Agent Smith Voicepack?

Post by BadCorps »

I've wanted an Agent Smith voicepack but I can't seem to find one for UT99/UT GOTY. Is there one or are those voicepacks for UT3 and so forth?
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Agent Smith Voicepack?

Post by OjitroC »

Not as far as I know but there is one for UT2k4 - this can be 'converted' for use in UT99 BUT if you want to use it for anything other than your own use off-line then you need to seek the approval of the voicepack creator to do this.

As regards the 'conversion', it is easy enough and not that time consuming (an hour or two). It may be possible to rewrite the script but I have no knowledge about this. My method is to simply extract the .wav files with UTPT and import them into a newly created .u file.
BadCorps
Experienced
Personal rank: Unholy

Post by BadCorps »

OjitroC wrote:As regards the 'conversion', it is easy enough and not that time consuming (an hour or two). It may be possible to rewrite the script but I have no knowledge about this. My method is to simply extract the .wav files with UTPT and import them into a newly created .u file.
How would I create a .u file?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Using the UEd (Unreal Editor) - you create a new .u file for an Agent Smith voicepack by subclassing either the VoiceMale or ChallengeVoicePack in the Actor tree (Actor -> Info -> VoicePack). I can give you a more detailed explanation of how to do this and how to create a new voice pack if you want.
Loose Cannon
Skilled

Post by Loose Cannon »

OjitroC,

If you're going to do a tutorial on voicepacks, I'd be interested as well.
JimmyCognitti

Post by JimmyCognitti »

I'm all for a tutorial on how to create a voicepack!
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, that's good and covers it all well - I have an alternative method that works for me which doesn't involve creating a .uax file or importing the sounds into the .u via "#exec OBJ LOAD FILE=.." and so is a little quicker and simpler.