Looking for mod/mutator which makes standart skins brighter

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Integro
Novice

Looking for mod/mutator which makes standart skins brighter

Post by Integro »

Hello, Community! :)
I need your assistance to find mod/mutator which can FORCED made standart ut'99 skins bright/shiny/contrast on server.
It is not just contrast skin texture, also need increasing of texture's lighting.
I like the way how it was realized in Quake Live.
Look at attached image.

Do anybody have some ideas?)
Attachments
84355-shot0071.jpg
Ready.jpg
Last edited by Integro on Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Looking for mod/murator which makes standart skins brigh

Post by sektor2111 »

bUnLit = True, set for "players" - cons: their weapon looks darker when such tweak is used.
They won't be more bright but... will have the same lightning even in the dark - visible all time so to speak.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

bUnlit is certainly a way, as well bumping up the Scaleglow of the player to something like 1.5 or 1.75 (any higher won't make a difference).

Furthermore a mesh overlay could be added to the player, similar to how the shield belt works, but be only a single color to make the player look brighter, like white-ish, or other colors if you want to highlight team colors as well, perhaps rendered as modulated with a white-ish color to increase the brightness of the overlaid player (although I don't remember if the modulated rendering has Z-buffering bugs which prevent it to work as good as the other rendering types, at least I recall some issues with it).

As for the weapon, it only matters the third person view, which only the engine controls, so if the mutator runs client-side-only code, it can externally set the weapon from other pawns/players as unlit, although the mesh overlay kind of solution won't work for the weapon because you don't really have any access to the weapon location of the third person view in UT99.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Feralidragon wrote:as well bumping up the Scaleglow of the player to something like 1.5 or 1.75
Ohh... stupid me, I did even those lamps more bright using such things, damn I forgot my own tricks...
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Integro wrote:Hello, Community! :)
I need your assistance to find mod/mutator which can FORCED made standart ut'99 skins bright/shiny/contrast on server.
It is not just contrast skin texture, also need increasing of texture's lighting.
I like the way how it was realized in Quake Live.
Look at attached image.

Do anybody have some ideas?)
The exact same effect in the second image could be obtained by using a mutator that duplicates the player mesh, attaches it to that same player, increases its fatness level and gives it a green texture which must be modulated and unlit.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

In Nexgen112 you have the option to set "colorizePlayerSkins=True", then all skins looks little bit brighter, especially in dark places you notice the difference.
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

^ Aldebaran dropping some real useful knowledge!
thanks.
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

Aldebaran wrote:In Nexgen112 you have the option to set "colorizePlayerSkins=True", then all skins looks little bit brighter, especially in dark places you notice the difference.
Where can I get that nexgen112 thing dude?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Integro
Novice

Post by Integro »

sektor2111 wrote:bUnLit = True, set for "players" - cons: their weapon looks darker when such tweak is used.
They won't be more bright but... will have the same lightning even in the dark - visible all time so to speak.
Unfortunately it is not decision, because i want to make it for each player on server. In addition i guess some anticheats can detect this added line in user.ini.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

It's not an ini entry, sektor was talking about code itself, and so was I.
We were talking about how could a mutator like this be created, in terms of the actual coding involved, because a standalone mutator for this probably doesn't exist yet.

But, as pointed out above, probably you already have something similar to what you want by using Nexgen.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Integro wrote:In addition i guess some anticheats can detect this added line in user.ini.
Not everything is based on pushing buttons and editing INI. I have to admit that some INI settings aren't written anywhere. Docs have some lack of information. But if you want a permanent mutator or such, I can code a small tiny thing doing this for players/non-players with a very small impact toward performance. I have to look first at replication properties for figuring what sort of properties will be part of replication (a ServerActor will be a goal here), if we are poor in replication, then a small injection in client might bright a bit life-forms - here network will have less load if client is authoritatively doing this. Or... perhaps an experienced coder can do it in less than 10 minutes.
Integro
Novice

Post by Integro »

Aldebaran wrote:In Nexgen112 you have the option to set "colorizePlayerSkins=True", then all skins looks little bit brighter, especially in dark places you notice the difference.
I installed Nexgen112 + NexgenPlus100 (plugin), then I entered with admin password, and checked box "Colorized skins" in plugin setting. Yes, colorized skin looks better, but it is not bright enough :). And when I tested it offline on usual dedicated server on my PC, I saw only my own colorized skin, but bots had not changes.

-MERGED-
sektor2111 wrote:
Integro wrote:In addition i guess some anticheats can detect this added line in user.ini.
I can code a small tiny thing doing this for players/non-players with a very small impact toward performance. I have to look first at replication properties for figuring what sort of properties will be part of replication (a ServerActor will be a goal here), if we are poor in replication, then a small injection in client might bright a bit life-forms - here network will have less load if client is authoritatively doing this. Or... perhaps an experienced coder can do it in less than 10 minutes.
That would be great! If it is important we use Ultimate NewNet on our server and ACE anticheat. By the way, i found out yesterday that it absolutly usless against famous german schoolboy-cheater known as The Butcher!/MasterOfDesaster and as other similar shit-nicknames :)
Last edited by papercoffee on Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double post
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Ack!

My eyes!!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

@Integro
Please avoid double posts next time.

We allow our member to edit theirs posts.