Looking for mod/mutator which makes standart skins brighter

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Looking for mod/murator which makes standart skins brigh

Post by sektor2111 »

Integro wrote:And when I tested it offline on usual dedicated server on my PC, I saw only my own colorized skin, but bots had not changes.
Yes, I see code - that's the usual dumb coding attitude, ALWAYS player with ALL features, nothing for Bots, nothing for Monsters, nothing for Other "players" - I'm about to throw up...
Integro wrote: ... and ACE anticheat. By the way, i found out yesterday that it absolutly usless against famous german schoolboy-cheater known as The Butcher!/MasterOfDesaster and as other similar shit-nicknames :)
Definitely we would like to know some IP range for this "wizard-player" in order to prepare "The Welcome".
If until Sunday nobody will write a small mutator for your need, then I'll try to do one - I need a bit of time for doing and testing it properly.
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Re: Looking for mod/murator which makes standart skins brigh

Post by esnesi »

@supsun, UTCOMP is needed here.
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Looking for mod/mutator which makes standart skins brigh

Post by sektor2111 »

Time UP.
This is not a Bright maker mutator, but one making pawns visible mainly all time - has extra option for Non-Players too.
If is not what you need drop it in TrashCan. I will use it in Monster Gaming Server.
[attachment=0]BrightPlayer.zip[/attachment]

All setup and info is inside.
Attachments
BrightPlayer.zip
(3.16 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Integro
Novice

Post by Integro »

sektor2111 wrote:Time UP.
This is not a Bright maker mutator, but one making pawns visible mainly all time - has extra option for Non-Players too.
Thank you so much!)
I can only try it at Monday evening. Feedback will be made surely!)

UPD: Okey, i tested it offline. Some images are below.

"Mutator after taking a pause (StartTime) will loop through pawns aiming a processing rate of 64 pawns/second
in ideal cases if a pawn is not lost during process, for such a case pawns processing restarts.
Between processing pawns exist a (CheckRate) pause. Mutator can be placed where you want, it can be the last in chain because won't use common functions from Mutator class which might break things here and there in other cases" (from BrightPlayer_Info.txt)

I'm far from coding, even didn't think that here such a difficult algorithm is necessary =)
Anyway, now skins are more contrast and it's good.
Thank you for the job, Sektor2111!)
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

The bump around.
I think a very small state interval is limited to a tick - I'm not 100% sure but... And then Pawns/Second might be slower than 64. I'll drop a version working different, configuring how many Pawns/Second we want - according to server power. This number is divided in 5 parts and fragments of processing time will go automatically to 200 ms, 200×5=1000 ms = 1 sec. I think is better to spread the loop like that, because it will get closer to the goal.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Time UP:
This another version might be more closer to initial goal: smoothing to a number of Pawns per Second - Configurable and using "Second/5" as time fragment for looping through pawns. I decided this configuration for various game-types charge.
- At home in private I'm using 128 Pawns per second;
- In public MonsterGamingServer I set a higher value because that server is... a monster...

I think this should be suffice so far toward "brightness".
[attachment=0]BrightPlayer2.zip[/attachment]
Attachments
BrightPlayer2.zip
(3.77 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

A huge complaint from me when UT2004 came out.

What I want is like Quake 1, you pick a shirt color and a pants color, so when the dude that splats you over and over you will know immediately who do go after.

I don't like all this high end skins crap, I could care less how cool I look, so long as I have pants and a shirt.

So what it should be is a complete new set of skins and a way for the game to choose them.
Binary Space Partitioning
Integro
Novice

Post by Integro »

sektor2111 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:36 pm Time UP:
This another version might be more closer to initial goal: smoothing to a number of Pawns per Second - Configurable and using "Second/5" as time fragment for looping through pawns. I decided this configuration for various game-types charge.
Hello mr. Sektor2111 =)
May be we can take as a base the classic mutators - "Relic: Strength" and "Relic: Defense"?
Relic of Defense is active when player gets damage:
Relic of Strength is active when player shoots:
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Looking for mod/mutator which makes standart skins brighter

Post by sektor2111 »

Relics are inventories, this mutator is not using any inventory, my goal was doing it very simple and less intensive because... I'm using it too.
For another sort of Relic type... Let's say that I wrote something for that modified MonsterHunt in order to bring back in game that "PowerUp" thing for Dispersionpistol. I think in the same way I might write an UDamage mutator, making an UDamage to appear in random spots at certain time in game and/or getting vanished after another time. To note: I think such mutator might support a delay... just because now days we can map paths after 1 second from initializing game in several cases making relics to work even in "empty" maps, lol.

If BrightPlayer will work as relic, only player getting relic will be bright ? Self-Exposing ? Or you mean taking damage and marking hit with extra-brightness ? We do have hit-sounds... Okay, let me look at default relics, they might give me some inspiration...
Integro
Novice

Post by Integro »

sektor2111 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:04 am If BrightPlayer will work as relic, only player getting relic will be bright ? Self-Exposing ? Or you mean taking damage and marking hit with extra-brightness ? We do have hit-sounds... Okay, let me look at default relics, they might give me some inspiration...
No, i meaned to combine your BrightPlayer2 (ignoring of outside lighting) and concept from the relics (player skin aura at all time without any appering items on a map).
It would be cool to have optiond such as:
- Posibility to change thickness and transparence of aura by admin;
- Posibility to change colors of aura. For example admin could be set acid-green color for all players (to equalize conditions) or set red/blue/green/gold colors as default (depends on what color client chooses).
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

That overlay hit-effect is part of relic having Inventory code for hunting damage taken. There is needed some texture, said inventory and... giving this thing to Player/Pawn using it. If some advanced coder doesn't have any other opinion I might try in future to do something if these overlays combined with ShieldBelt/UDamage won't hurt rendering causing crashes...
asosed
Adept

Post by asosed »

sektor2111 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:36 pm Time UP:
- At home in private I'm using 128 Pawns per second;
- In public MonsterGamingServer I set a higher value because that server is... a monster...

I think this should be suffice so far toward "brightness".
BrightPlayer2.zip
Good mutator. BUT! Doesn't work with Newnet. Reports: UTPure cheat: BL - Bad Lighting!
Can I fix it somehow?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

It doesn't work with NewNet because NewNet uses another authority, another player, other rules and the rest of "others". NewNet it's not my target.
If NewNet fans want such things, feel free to add code in any NewNet version. As far as I know NewNet has a couple of default rules toward player aspect, restoring any unusual player property to default.