Draw Hud material possible in ut99?

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
bigfoot_pi
Average

Draw Hud material possible in ut99?

Post by bigfoot_pi »

I know ut2004 has Draw Hud material as an aiscript and i used in my mk maps to show masked graphics of FIGHT and FATALITY on screen when triggered. Is there a way to implement draw hud material in ut99? currently im just broadcasting messages with standard baby blue UT font.
Image ---FIGHT!---
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: Draw Hud material possible in ut99?

Post by JackGriffin »

Postrender in mutator will fix you right up. If you need guidance on how to import custom fonts and/or draw text and graphics onto the client you can follow the examples in the BRUT source code in the mapping contest extras from December. I imported several custom fonts for the scoreboards, etc. and drew a time-slowed "Kill Cam" graphic on everyone for the last kill.

It's a pretty straightforward process but if you need help just email me. I'll meet you in TS/Discord and answer any questions you have.

Edit: forgot I made a video of this
LHU4RAl6Y9w

The strikethrough text in the scoreboard is an imported text, not an effect.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
shockpl
Average

Post by shockpl »

LOL what 0_o
battle royal UT :D :D :D ???

damn nice one
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Yeah. No one cared but I had a great time making it. Learned a lot and made some things that I've wanted to get right for a long time and with Ferali's help did a working entire-playarea collapsing zone. Think that's not so hard? Don't look at my code and try to make one yourself that works online.
So long, and thanks for all the fish