TDK-BlackZone (My first map)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Koolflux
Experienced

TDK-BlackZone (My first map)

Post by Koolflux »

This is my first custom map: TDK-BlackZone. I got the idea to make this map after I found out a way to unlock the Tournament DarkMatch gametype by creating a file titled "TDarkMatch.int" containing the following:

"[Public]
Object=(Name=BotPack.TDarkMatch,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)"

As you see, from the screenshots, it's not too big of a map, and I was going for sort of a sci-fi minimalist aesthetic. Bot-pathing isn't great, but IMO, OK for a first try.
Attachments
TDK-BlackZone.zip
Zip file containing the map itself as well as files required for the map.
(3.96 MiB) Downloaded 43 times
In-game screenshot of the map.
In-game screenshot of the map.
In the main central room of the map.
In the main central room of the map.
The room where the UDamage pickup is located. I placed a JumpSpot and two LiftExits.
The room where the UDamage pickup is located. I placed a JumpSpot and two LiftExits.
The whole map in the Unreal Editor.
The whole map in the Unreal Editor.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Re: TDK-BlackZone (My first map)

Post by Hook »

Yes, I like it, so far.
Good for you to try mapping also! :gj:

DarkMatch, I made one map almost 18 years ago that was a DarkMatch version of a map I made earlier on.
Although, I did not create an int file for that gametype. :?
You know, it has been so many years that I forgot what DarkMatch does!?#? :noidea. LOL :lol:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Gonna try it out when I can, interesting that you made a Darkmatch map, but sorry to say that a seperate gametype of that has been kinda made obsolete by this mutator:
https://unrealarchive.org/mutators/unre ... cd7f7.html
Basically it turns any map dark and gives everyone searchlights, so you can play dark Assault if you want :mrgreen:
Cool to know UT did indeed have a hidden gametype of sorts (like VCTF in UT2k4).
Koolflux
Experienced

Post by Koolflux »

UnrealGGecko wrote:Gonna try it out when I can, interesting that you made a Darkmatch map, but sorry to say that a seperate gametype of that has been kinda made obsolete by this mutator:
https://unrealarchive.org/mutators/unre ... cd7f7.html
You made a good point there. You can just easily rename the .unr file to DM-BlackZone and then play it with the EavyDarkMatchIII mutator. I actually have that mutator on mine.
UnrealGGecko wrote:Basically it turns any map dark and gives everyone searchlights, so you can play dark Assault if you want :mrgreen:
Yeah, that or how about dark Capture the Flag? That adds another challenge to CTF, since now not only do you have to capture the enemy flag while defending your own, but you have to do it in the dark and the only lighting comes from the players' searchlights.

-MERGED-
Hook wrote:You know, it has been so many years that I forgot what DarkMatch does!?#? :noidea. LOL :lol:
DarkMatch is pretty much just DeathMatch, but in the dark and everybody gets searchlights.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Koolflux wrote:DarkMatch is pretty much just DeathMatch, but in the dark and everybody gets searchlights.
From what I saw in the code, only the latter is true. It don't have to be dark necessarily.
See also Wiki and source code.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

@Koolflux
Please avoid double posts within a 24 hours time-limit. We allow our member to edit their posts.
The map looks interesting. Bot pathing shouldn't be a big deal in this small area.