serverpackages limit ... dynamic loading?

Discussions about Servers
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: serverpackages limit ... dynamic loading?

Post by JackGriffin »

As soon as I read my post after submitting it I realized my faux pas. Apologies B. I'm going to edit the post.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

JackGriffin wrote:As soon as I read my post after submitting it I realized my faux pas. Apologies B. I'm going to edit the post.
Don't you dare it ... I find it amusing.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

papercoffee wrote:
JackGriffin wrote:As soon as I read my post after submitting it I realized my faux pas. Apologies B. I'm going to edit the post.
Don't you dare it ... I find it amusing.
My post was meant in that way. :lol2:
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
gattovicentino
Average
Location: Vicenza (Veneto - Italia) / Santa Catarina (Brasil)

Post by gattovicentino »

Hello,

I tried to install Valhalla Avatar 1.0 to avoid the server packages problem. I copied the 2 files to the proper folders and added the 2 required serverpackages lines in unrealtournament.ini . But how to activate and use it?

And another question: is it possible to use Valhalla in lan multiplayer games without dedicated server?

Thanks
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Val av works like this (all skins made up on the spot):
Player 1 uses the Archangel model with the blue skin being their preferred default color.
Player 2 uses the Rocky Squirrel model with no team color as their preferred default.

When playing on the server running Val av Player 1 and Player 2 swap information on their models and skins with each other. As long as Player 1 has the Rocky Squirrel model installed in their system they will see Player 2 correctly. Same thing for Player 2, if they have the Archangel model installed they will see Player 1 correctly. The game server doesn't need to be involved with this aside from sharing each player's model information with all the other players. Each player will locally use the desired model for each player provided it's installed.

The real beauty of Val av is that if you don't have the model installed it won't matter. The other player will just default to a normal model and skin like nothing happened.
gattovicentino
Average
Location: Vicenza (Veneto - Italia) / Santa Catarina (Brasil)

Post by gattovicentino »

JackGriffin wrote:Val av works like this (all skins made up on the spot):
When playing on the server running Val av Player 1 and Player 2 swap information on their models and skins with each other. As long as Player 1 has the Rocky Squirrel model installed in their system they will see Player 2 correctly. Same thing for Player 2, if they have the Archangel model installed they will see Player 1 correctly. The game server doesn't need to be involved with this aside from sharing each player's model information with all the other players. Each player will locally use the desired model for each player provided it's installed.
The real beauty of Val av is that if you don't have the model installed it won't matter. The other player will just default to a normal model and skin like nothing happened.
Yes, it's what i'm looking for, but I tried to do what I said in my previous post here above... and bots/players are still invisible (even using a dedicated server), so something is wrong in what i'm doing: I don't know how to install and activate it.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

PM me your unrealtournament.ini file that you are using for the server, let's start there.