Regarding JackGriffin

Discussions about UT99
devolion
Novice

Regarding JackGriffin

Post by devolion »

Let me introduce myself first, I've been modding UT99 for over a decade and always been thankful for the resources that UT99.org had to offer, I made many modifications - yet I decided not to go here and post them in public and rather stay kinda encapsulated with the small community on my server.

However, there is one thing that usually ruins any good modding conversation on this board, let me name it... JackGriffin :roll:

You can see theres a lot of people interested in creating mods for this wonderful game even after such a long time.. but JackGriffin kinda destroys the flavour here, let me explain why:

In any new topic, no matter how unique and 'different' the idea/question of the thread-creator is, JackGriffin will stumble upon the thread and will begin to repeat the same nonsense that he always posts
Hey, I am JackGriffin I am very good at coding!!11, yet however I can't post anything in public because I can't actually code for gods sake (psst don't let the UT99 community know) , so would you please PM me your code or send me an e-mail so I can tell you that I am unable to fix this and you should try to ask on OldUnreal?
Thanks!

I've had this kind of conversation with him before, he acts like he's some kind of super-brain in public ( on discord, in forums ) and when you speak to him in private he barely knows anything about modding.

Then theres the other kind of replies by JackGriffin , I call it the 'hey-cool-idea-but-i actually-had-a-much-better-idea-2-years-ago' .. he stumbles on a thread with a really good idea - tells the person that he had the same idea many years ago and that he either didnt finish it , lost it or simply didn't even start it
and then he expects some attention towards him. (yet never posts a proof or anything worthful for the thread )

Oh and lets not forget one of the most important topics for him, BRUT - a modification he ripped together from other mods without permission of the author (the most) + copy & paste instructions from oldunreal threads where he asked for help, then claims its his work in the final product - I don't see any credits for the people that solved all your issues :noidea

He'll mention his BRUT mod in any topic, regardless of how different it is from his mod, he just needs to talk about his shit because he's so frustrated that no one actually played it and he's craving for some extra attention towards him
(he even mentions it everytime he mentions it "hey im cool with it no one gave a shit about it but i mod for myself!!11 thats why i keep mentioning it because i dont care if anyone knows about it!!11"

I know this post will probably get deleted by one of the forum moderators he sucked into but be aware that it is NOT ONLY ME that is pissed of by JackGriffins post in this forum.

(heres a backup link to my text, just in case - - > https://cutit.org/JackGriffin https://cutit.org/RegardingJackGriffin )

Thank you for your attention
:tu:
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Regarding JackGriffin

Post by papercoffee »

Cool story bro.
And now?
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

Oh drama is still a part of UT I see?

I know Jack, been working with him on many ocations, he can code. He likes teamwork, maybe that is what confuzes you? But your claims I cannot recognize at all.
Retired.
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

I don’t want to go off topic too much but sometimes I lie down in my garden and pretend to be a carrot.

There. I said it.

Carry on.

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Let me introduce myself first...
*proceeds to not introduce himself* :sleep:

Look, I dunno what Jack did to you exactly, but this 1st post of yours really isn't leaving a good impression about you. Surely this could've been settled by PMs or something? :noidea

Now
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Coming all the way to ut99.org, registering an account just to create a topic like this won't really paint you in a good light from the get-go, regardless of the point you're trying to get across, to not mention that what you're posting is just blatantly false to begin with.

I am not sure what your beef with Jack might be, especially since you claim to be encapsulated in your own community, so I am not even following why you would even care if that's the case, but I have known Jack for quite some years already, and had plenty of interactions with him, be it discussion or even helping him out in one thing or another he was stuck with, and he does have both good and bad qualities to him, pretty much like everyone else, but the good ones always outweighed the bad ones in my opinion.

Having that said, he does make the effort to credit everyone that helped him in one way or another in the entirety of his work as far as I could see (although many of us do not really require it, at least I don't), almost to the extent of making public announcements of who helped him out (if you do read OldUnreal posts, it surprises me you didn't see this), and he doesn't claim to be super smart or anything like that, it's actually been the very opposite, one of his bad qualities being actually believing everyone else being better than him, when that's not really true.
devolion
Novice

Post by devolion »

Oh look, all the people that had some JackGriffin up their ass are protecting him to keep his self-esteem in the sky ...... how unexpected :loool:
fudgonaut
Adept
Personal rank: Easy Target

Post by fudgonaut »

devolion wrote:BRUT - a modification he ripped together from other mods without permission of the author
Wasn't somebody talking about this butt-hurt boy several months back: how he keeps stalking people across various forums, accusing them of stealing his work - and posting youtube gameplay videos (that don't prove his claim at all)?
devolion wrote:I know this post will probably get deleted by one of the forum moderators
If I were an ornery person, I would implore the moderators to keep the post, ban devolion, and allow forum members to post butt-hurt memes on this thread ad infinitum.

If I were an ornery person.
Last edited by fudgonaut on Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

devolion wrote:Oh look, all the people that had some JackGriffin up their ass are protecting him to keep his self-esteem in the sky ...... how unexpected :loool:
Oh look, that crybaby that had some umbrella up his ass is now butthurt because his self-esteem in the mud ...... how unexpected :loool:

Seriously?
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

And that's why I rarely help anyone

PD: I've noticed some ppl making almost exact copies of my stuff and then hiding the code, don't obfuscate my code you fa**ots.
May a lightning strike you.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

Higor wrote:
PD: I've noticed some ppl making almost exact copies of my stuff and then hiding the code, don't obfuscate my code you fa**ots.
May a lightning strike you.

Why learn and do the stuff yourself when you can steal someone elses work and claim it as your own.

Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

We don't appreciate character assassinations here, especially from people that quote them-self pretending to speak for the person they attack.
The idea of quoting someone, is you quote verbatim what they said, not make up some BS in the style of someone in your head.
No we won't delete the thread. We generally leave peoples words to speak for them self.

As the moderator that has had the most insults from Jack I feel the most qualified to impartially speak on the matter.
JackGriffin is a grumpy old man (he earned that right long ago), and has always been one of the most helpful and generous people you will ever meet in the Unreal world.
He spends as much time (if not more) working on group projects as he does on his own.
Without the help from Jack many projects would not have happened, including our Food Fight mod.

Jack knows his limits, and will say if he cannot do something. That is called honesty to oneself and to others.
As for the quality of his coding, I am sure Ferali and Higor are well placed to comment, but so far using various mods either made or fixed by Jack, I have had no complaints with them.

-Link deleted-
I expect your general attitude and this sort of behaviour is why you remain isolated in your own little corner of the Unreal universe.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Last edited by papercoffee on Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: public IP and link deleted
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Don't delete this please mods. It's the most entertaining thing that's happened in a while.

You are right about everything. It's time I came clean..... I'm actually.....Leo.

You are wasting your time trying to attack my character. I truly do not care at all and it's not going to upset me. You said some unforgivable things about other people already and I expect that same treatment as it appears it's my turn now. Fire away dude, way better than you have tried. So far it's a yawn-fest.

Please don't anyone feel they need to defend me from anything Reg says. He's a low-tier troll that keeps failing at getting his rise from people in the community. The less you respond to him the better. He can stay focused on me and I'll enjoy responding to him since this is right in my wheelhouse.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

devolion wrote:let me name it... JackGriffin
Him... let you name him.
Hey, I am JackGriffin I am very good at coding!!11, yet however I can't post anything in public because I can't actually code for gods sake (psst don't let the UT99 community know) , so would you please PM me your code or send me an e-mail so I can tell you that I am unable to fix this and you should try to ask on OldUnreal?
Thanks!
Pretty sure that's not a direct quote.
devolion wrote:it is NOT ONLY ME that is pissed of by JackGriffins post in this forum
Nope, I think we can safely say it's only you.
devolion wrote:heres a backup link to my text, just in
You do realize that if one of the mods decided to axe your post, that backup link would disappear with the rest of the thread, right?
devolion wrote:Oh look, all the people that had some JackGriffin up their...
...says the cyberstalker.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

I doubt that anyone is trying to attack JackGriffin's character, it's just a critique, I made a more realistic version of his(and his friend) rain/snow turning it into a single particle system implementing physics and stuff, basically writing the code from scratch, probably except for one line, but he got mad and made the mods to delete my version from the forum.
This of course can give you only two lessons: 1. Don't modify any non-yours project, stick with your projects and fuck off the community; 2. Next time, if the original code lines are very little post your project as yours and lie to the community.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"