default UT menu music instead of umx track?

Discussions about UT99
gattovicentino
Average
Location: Vicenza (Veneto - Italia) / Santa Catarina (Brasil)

default UT menu music instead of umx track?

Post by gattovicentino »

Hello,

many maps I play have their own .umx music file, so I suppose that if I run a multiplayer game I should hear this music track as background music...but I tried many maps and i always hear only the default UT interface/menu music. All umx files are properly in /unreal tournament/music folder. So, what's wrong?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: default UT menu music instead of umx track?

Post by EvilGrins »

For instances where a particular map doesn't have a specific music file setup for it, usually you hear nothing until you open a menu... then the default music starts.

Odds are the maps you're using that're having this issue weren't setup with music.

Can you list the names of the maps you're experiencing this with?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
gattovicentino
Average

Post by gattovicentino »

EvilGrins wrote:For instances where a particular map doesn't have a specific music file setup for it, usually you hear nothing until you open a menu... then the default music starts.

Odds are the maps you're using that're having this issue weren't setup with music.

Can you list the names of the maps you're experiencing this with?
For example CTF-EternalCave (its music should be Foregone.umx, as indicated by UnrealEd, but when I play I only hear the interface menu music)... or DM-(SUF)Psycho_City]EMB[ , but it happens on any map, stock and custom ones. It seems that their umx files are ignored, but they are there and are in the right folder. Whatever map I start, the background music is always the default ut menu interface music.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

A wild guess, but I think this might be due to the Use CD audio option in the advanced options, check if that's on.

Otherwise try reinstalling the game, maybe something got corrupted or something :?
gattovicentino
Average

Post by gattovicentino »

I discovered the cause of the problem mentioned above. It's Oldskool Amp'd . I have to disable Oldskool Amp'd into UT Menu, exit the game (back to Windows desktop), start again unrealtournament.exe and so if I start a map I can hear the right umx music. So, I don't know if it's a Oldskool issue but I can't hear the proper music of DM/CTF multiplayer maps if OldSkool is enabled.
If anyone has a suggestion to solve this issue without disabling OldSkool Amp'd... if not, I will leave OldSkool disabled when I launch multiplayer games and I'll use it only when I play singleplayer game sessions...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

gattovicentino wrote:I discovered the cause of the problem mentioned above. It's Oldskool Amp'd . I have to disable Oldskool Amp'd into UT Menu, exit the game (back to Windows desktop), start again unrealtournament.exe and so if I start a map I can hear the right umx music. So, I don't know if it's a Oldskool issue but I can't hear the proper music of DM/CTF multiplayer maps if OldSkool is enabled.
If anyone has a suggestion to solve this issue without disabling OldSkool Amp'd... if not, I will leave OldSkool disabled when I launch multiplayer games and I'll use it only when I play singleplayer game sessions...
Have a look in your OldSkool.ini for these
Spoiler
[olroot.oldskoolRootwindow]
Backround=olroot.utbackround
musicclass=utmenu23.utmenu23
force=True {TO FALSE}
and alter 'force'; this should solve the problem.

OR in the Oldskool menu, under the Music tab, make sure Force Music is unticked (I tested this and, for me, the music of the map plays rather than the song selected in the OldSkool menu).
gattovicentino
Average

Post by gattovicentino »

OjitroC wrote:
gattovicentino wrote:I discovered the cause of the problem mentioned above. It's Oldskool Amp'd . I have to disable Oldskool Amp'd into UT Menu, exit the game (back to Windows desktop), start again unrealtournament.exe and so if I start a map I can hear the right umx music. So, I don't know if it's a Oldskool issue but I can't hear the proper music of DM/CTF multiplayer maps if OldSkool is enabled.
Have a look in your OldSkool.ini for these
Spoiler
[olroot.oldskoolRootwindow]
Backround=olroot.utbackround
musicclass=utmenu23.utmenu23
force=True {TO FALSE}
and alter 'force'; this should solve the problem.

OR in the Oldskool menu, under the Music tab, make sure Force Music is unticked (I tested this and, for me, the music of the map plays rather than the song selected in the OldSkool menu).
Fantastic!
It worked and now everything is OK.
Thank you :D