problem with weapon graphics

Discussions about UT99
gattovicentino
Average
Location: Vicenza (Veneto - Italia) / Santa Catarina (Brasil)

problem with weapon graphics

Post by gattovicentino »

Hello,

I have this problem with weapons (this pic is of Doom gun but it happens with some UT default and U4E weapons too):
broken/spoiled?
broken/spoiled?
It happens with both directx and xopengl or other renderers.

In other older installation of UT I have here, all works normally:
Shot0004.jpg
Both copies of UT seem to have the same video configuration. One is v.432 (the working one) and the other is 451b, but It shouldn't be this the problem.
So... I yet tried to copy textures from older (working) version to the "broken" one, overwriting all textures, but nothing has changed. So, it's not a matter of texture I suppose :?

What can be the cause? And the solution? I can't identify the difference in the two versions of UT, to solve it.

Thanks!
Higor
Godlike

Re: problem with weapon graphics

Post by Higor »

Downgrade to version 436.
gattovicentino
Average
Location: Vicenza (Veneto - Italia) / Santa Catarina (Brasil)

Post by gattovicentino »

Higor wrote:Downgrade to version 436.
Thank you Higor, it worked downgrading to 436!
In my post above I could not imagine that version number was the problem... but in fact it was the only difference between my two installations.
So it means version 451 has irretrievably bugs also regarding this graphic aspect, I suppose :o
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

For the sake of correctness, this is not a v451 bug, the real bug lies in v436 in respect on how it handles masked textures imported through "exec" directives.

You see, many mods (including a few of my own past ones, when I didn't know any better) import textures in compilation time with the wrong flags set, namely accidentally setting the textures as masked (FLAGS=2).
However, since up to v436 this flag is not really working for textures imported this way (although it's set), the textures are rendered as unmasked, so nothing seems "broken" at first, but the moment you upgrade to a version which fixes this, such as v451, that happens.

Either way, you're generally better off with v436, especially given that v451 does break more things than what it fixes for clients, so the rule of thumb is to use v436 to play, and v451 to host servers with.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Feralidragon wrote: Either way, you're generally better off with v436, especially given that v451 does break more things than what it fixes for clients, so the rule of thumb is to use v436 to play, and v451 to host servers with.
I've been running v451b (just to play, I don't have a server) but, given what you say, I would be interested in using v436 - so my question is how do you downgrade from v451b to v436?
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

First of all you must update with the patch to version 436 and NOT to 451 becouse that patch is for servers only NOT for clients.
Second of all wich version of ut 99 you have goty ,Retail?2cd or just one.
If you have the goty version wich came with just 2 cd's then you can install the highres texture package also.
If you are done with the second cd you can patch the textures with a special patch who you can find here on this forum also.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=373
Happy reading installing ,editing, enso on.
I will hope this helps.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

The thing is I run a Mac and my version of UT99 came from The Unrealism Zone (https://unrealosx.webs.com) - it's v451wx2 in a Wine wrapper so possibly I can't actually change to v436.