"hidden" player classes (models), available or unusable ones

Discussions about UT99
gattovicentino
Average
Location: Vicenza (Veneto - Italia) / Santa Catarina (Brasil)

"hidden" player classes (models), available or unusable ones

Post by gattovicentino »

Hello,

Using Xbots (Xbots9b) and Marginally Enhanced, I could configure some hundreds of bots, most of them with different player classes and skins/voicepacks.

When I realized that some mods have their own player classes inside, I tried to use them too in normal UT botmatches. Installing older versions of some mods, for example Pearman or Marathon Resurrection, their player classes (for instance "Moneypear" from Pearman or "Babs" from Marathon) appeared in Marginally Enhanced.
Last versions of these mods don't allow their models to be shown in Marginally menu, but they are still available and easily usable inside the game, manually editing user.ini or xbotslists.ini (copying the infos from respective mods' ini files).

I have not found a way to do this with other mods (for example Spatial Fear, its models do not seem usable in "normal" UT, and Infiltration, probably because it is a very complex mod, deeply modified and far from the original UT). However, is there a way to test it, especially in reference to Infliltration, or it will never work?
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: "hidden" player classes (models), available or unusable

Post by OjitroC »

No, Infiltration bots won't work in UT - as you've probably seen they are a subclass of INF_Core.u and so only work in the Infiltration gametype. There is a port of some features of that to UT - try InfiltrationUT (Infiltration275) - this has bots (3 male, 2 female and one boss), I can't remember what they are like as it has been a long time since I played that but perhaps it's worth a look.

Spatial Fear doesn't have bots - the Player Classes will work with normal UT but not the textures - so if you use the SF Female1, the normal female commando skin will be loaded. I have just tried it and didn't get any errors regarding the Player class - movement is a little different and slower though.

Actually SF does have one bot - a subclass of the UnrealShare FemaleBot - this is a test bot used to test the SF Player Classes according to the .u file - so it could possibly be used.
Last edited by OjitroC on Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

There's been a lot of modifications for UT made that had classes that could be used for monsters or bots that supposedly couldn't be taken out of their respective games that I've found can.

For example, UTRON was a complete modification based on the original TRON movie. I found that some of the computer monsters could be taken out of that gamemode, but they didn't operate so well off of The Grid...

https://www.moddb.com/mods/utron

...although the Tron Deadly Disk does work as a weapon and pickup outside of it, in normal UT... but unless you've got most of the files for Utron it's not really worth it.

Also, Team Orbit which has mechs that can be assigned to human players (got their own unique built in weapons) and can be placed on bots:

Spatial Fear's monsters can work in UT fine, I've got many of them setup on MH maps, but they don't react well. They're designed to track a scent-trigger attached to players which doesn't operate outside their gametype... though they'll still attack if you get too close to them:
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

You can add pawns to the bot list if you edit the int files. See my examples in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4177&p=65046#p65046
They may cause various amounts of log spam with missing animation errors, depending on what anims are not used, so not good for use on a server.
gattovicentino
Average

Post by gattovicentino »

OjitroC wrote:No, Infiltration bots won't work in UT - as you've probably seen they are a subclass of INF_Core.u and so only work in the Infiltration gametype. There is a port of some features of that to UT - try InfiltrationUT (Infiltration275) - this has bots (3 male, 2 female and one boss), I can't remember what they are like as it has been a long time since I played that but perhaps it's worth a look.

Spatial Fear doesn't have bots - the Player Classes will work with normal UT but not the textures - so if you use the SF Female1, the normal female commando skin will be loaded. I have just tried it and didn't get any errors regarding the Player class - movement is a little different and slower though.

Actually SF does have one bot - a subclass of the UnrealShare FemaleBot - this is a test bot used to test the SF Player Classes according to the .u file - so it could possibly be used.
I tried Infiltration 275 (probably the only way to have models/weapons of Infiltration in normal UT) and it works as you said. The good thing is that Infiltration 2.75 and 2.9 can coexist. But the Infiltration player classes seem to be clones of default UT classes (male commando, male soldier, etc.) and they show the same skins and same faces of the default ones (the only model that has an "infiltration" skin is "male inf model", I can't see inflitration skins/faces in male inf commando or female/boss inf classes).

About Spatial Fear, in fact I could not use its player classes/models as bots because they don't seem to be bots, as you say; I don't know where is the bot that is subclass of the UnrealShare FemaleBot mencioned above, to try it. I only see these ones in spatialfear.int:

Code: Select all

Object=(Name=SpatialFear.SFJaelPlayer1,Class=Class,MetaClass=SpatialFear.SFPlayer,Description="Jael Player class")
Object=(Name=SpatialFear.SFPlayer,Class=Class,MetaClass=TournamentPlayer,Description="Spatial Fear Player class")
Object=(Name=SpatialFear.SFMale,Class=Class,MetaClass=SFPlayer,Description="Spatial Fear Male class")
Object=(Name=SpatialFear.SFMale1,Class=Class,MetaClass=SFMale,Description="Spatial Fear Male class 1")
Object=(Name=SpatialFear.SFFemale,Class=Class,MetaClass=SFPlayer,Description="Spatial Fear Female class")
Object=(Name=SpatialFear.SFFemale1,Class=Class,MetaClass=SFFemale,Description="Spatial Fear Female class 1")
EvilGrins wrote: There's been a lot of modifications for UT made that had classes that could be used for monsters or bots that supposedly couldn't be taken out of their respective games that I've found can.

For example, UTRON was a complete modification based on the original TRON movie. I found that some of the computer monsters could be taken out of that gamemode, but they didn't operate so well off of The Grid...

https://www.moddb.com/mods/utron

...although the Tron Deadly Disk does work as a weapon and pickup outside of it, in normal UT... but unless you've got most of the files for Utron it's not really worth it.

Also, Team Orbit which has mechs that can be assigned to human players (got their own unique built in weapons) and can be placed on bots:
Yes, Team Orbit models work fine in normal UT (well, depends on which map), I am using them.

About Utron, I tried... and I can correctly use some models (FlynnBot, TronBot and SarkBot):

BotFaces[6]=FlynnSkins.Flyn1t_0
BotFaces[7]=TronSkins.Tron1t_0
BotFaces[9]=SarkSkins.Sark1t_0
BotClasses[6]=UTron.FlynnBot
BotClasses[7]=UTron.TronBot
BotClasses[9]=UTron.SarkBot
BotSkins[6]=FlynnSkins.flyn
BotSkins[7]=TronSkins.tron
BotSkins[9]=SarkSkins.sark
The same scheme does not seem to work for the 2 remaining models, called "guard" and "recognizer".
For example, this is GuardBot:
Shot0029.jpg
So, I could not find the correct string for Guard and Recognizer skins and faces. I tried for example "GuardSkins.guard" or "GuardSkins.tron" or "RecognizerSkins.recognizer" but the face is still green.
Dr.Flay wrote: You can add pawns to the bot list if you edit the int files. See my examples in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4177&p=65046#p65046
They may cause various amounts of log spam with missing animation errors, depending on what anims are not used, so not good for use on a server.
This is very interesting. I tried but they don't appear in Marginal UT bot list, so I tried to edit user.ini or xbotslists.ini but they don't appear inside game (it appears wrong model). Certainly I am doing something wrong and I need your help.
I'd like to try them (I don't know how many more are available and usable as bot).
For example:

[Public]
Object=(Name=DeathMatchTitan.DeathMatchTitan,Class=Class,MetaClass=UnrealShare.Bots,Description="DeathMatchTitan")
Object=(Name=DeathMatchTitan.DeathMatchTitan,Class=Class,MetaClass=UnrealShare.UnrealiPlayer,Description="DeathMatchTitan")
or

[Public]
Object=(Name=RebKrall.RebKrall,Class=Class,MetaClass=UnrealShare.Bots,Description="RebKrall")
Object=(Name=RebKrall.RebKrall,Class=Class,MetaClass=UnrealShare.UnrealiPlayer,Description="RebKrall")
or

[Public]
Object=(Name=Centaur.Cent,Class=Class,MetaClass=UnrealShare.Bots,Description="Centaur")
Object=(Name=Centaur.Cent,Class=Class,MetaClass=UnrealShare.UnrealiPlayer,Description="Centaur")
or

[Public]
Object=(Name=UnrealShare.Fly,Class=Class,MetaClass=UnrealShare.Bots,Description="Fly")
Object=(Name=UnrealShare.Fly,Class=Class,MetaClass=UnrealShare.UnrealiPlayer,Description="Fly")
Should I create .int files from scratch or add these lines to some existing file? And do they need some custom pawn file, as a "rebkrall.u" or what?
Thanks
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Yeah, the UTRON models don't line up quite right. I summoned some into a game as playerbots and they looked so weird, as they're designed primarily throw the disc weapon.

Everytime they shot anything their arms waved around so much I thought they were having a spaz attack.

Kinda makes me nostalgic for that old skinning project I never got around to finishing - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3499
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

gattovicentino wrote: I don't know where is the bot that is subclass of the UnrealShare FemaleBot mencioned above, to try it..
You need to have a look in the Spatial Fear.u file (I think that's the right file) using UEd or UTPT and just make a note of the details to put in xBots9. I haven't tried it myself or looked at the code so I have no idea what it will look like or how it will behave - it may not 'work' like a normal bot.
gattovicentino wrote: Should I create .int files from scratch or add these lines to some existing file?
As I understand it, you need to have the relevant .u file (RebKrall.u for the Krall, etc - the UnrealShare pawns you will have already) and then create a new .int file for each one you want to use - I haven't tried this myself but I think this is correct going by Dr. Flay's posts.

For those two UTRON bots, have you had a look in their .utx files to get the info on the skin/face? The name of the default Guard skin is GuardSkin.guar.

As regards InfiltrationUT, isn't it the male commando that has skins/faces? Have a look at Commandoskins_I.int and Commandoskins_I.utx.
Last edited by OjitroC on Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
gattovicentino
Average

Post by gattovicentino »

EvilGrins wrote:Yeah, the UTRON models don't line up quite right. I summoned some into a game as playerbots and they looked so weird, as they're designed primarily throw the disc weapon.

Everytime they shot anything their arms waved around so much I thought they were having a spaz attack.

Kinda makes me nostalgic for that old skinning project I never got around to finishing - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3499
This project was interesting!
OjitroC wrote:
You need to have a look in the Spatial Fear.u file (I think that's the right file) using UEd or UTPT and just make a note of the details to put in xBots9. I haven't tried it myself or looked at the code so I have no idea what it will look like or how it will behave - it may not 'work' like a normal bot.
As I understand it, you need to have the relevant .u file (RebKrall.u for the Krall, etc - the UnrealShare pawns you will have already) and then create a new .int file for each one you want to use - I haven't tried this myself but I think this is correct going by Dr. Flay's posts.
For those two UTRON bots, have you had a look in their .utx files to get the info on the skin/face?
I found this in SpatialFear.u file:
SF-Jael.jpg
It's subclass of UnrealShare.FemaleBot as you said... I edited user.ini but I couldn't get it to work: a different model appears when I start the game.

For those two UTRONn bots, GuardBot didn't have its .int file so I created one and now it works. About RecognizerBot, it was probably an idea, only mencioned (Utron is a beta of an unfinished project) because there is no .int neither .utx file.

For RebKrall, DeathMatchTitan etc. I created their .int files and I found the .u files in http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... stom_pawn/ (I don't know if those are the correct files) but I still can't see them in Marginally Enhanced and neither inside game after editing user.ini ... (other models appear), so I don't know what to do.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

gattovicentino wrote:About RecognizerBot, it was probably an idea, only mencioned (Utron is a beta of an unfinished project) because there is no .int neither .utx file.
The Recognizer skins are in UTronPawnSkins.utx.
gattovicentino wrote: I edited user.ini but I couldn't get it to work: a different model appears when I start the game..
What did you put in the user.ini?

Did you see my comment on the Infiltration bots?
gattovicentino
Average

Post by gattovicentino »

OjitroC wrote:The Recognizer skins are in UTronPawnSkins.utx.

What did you put in the user.ini?

Did you see my comment on the Infiltration bots?
Thanks, I hadn't noticed. I'll check UtronPawnSkins.utx and I'll create the .int file for Recognizer.

For Spatial Fear, I tried SFJaelPlayer.SFJaelPlayer and SpatialFear.SFJaelPlayerBot.

For Infiltration, yes, male commando has infiltration skins/faces. Other infiltration models (male inf soldier, inf boss, female inf commando and female inf soldier) look identical to default UT ones, with no infiltration stuff inside (shouldn't they have something regarding infliltration if they were made for it?).
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

gattovicentino wrote: For Spatial Fear, I tried SFJaelPlayer.SFJaelPlayer and SpatialFear.SFJaelPlayerBot.
So what model appeared? A Female commando?

If you want a Krall bot, have you tried the bot in KrallPlayerUT.u?
gattovicentino
Average

Post by gattovicentino »

OjitroC wrote:
gattovicentino wrote: For Spatial Fear, I tried SFJaelPlayer.SFJaelPlayer and SpatialFear.SFJaelPlayerBot.
So what model appeared? A Female commando?

If you want a Krall bot, have you tried the bot in KrallPlayerUT.u?
It appeared an Utron model with green face... The same appears when I try DeathMatchTitan or RebKrall too. (maybe because for some reason Utron models are now the first ones UT "chooses" when it doesn't find the correct player class. Before installing Utron, the model UT loaded when it could not find the correct one, was "d00d").

Yes I tried KrallPlayerUT, it works.

About UtronPawnSkins.utx, it only contains colored rectangles, so it was probably incomplete but I will try to create its .ini file later and see what happens.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

gattovicentino wrote: It appeared an Utron model with green face... The same appears when I try DeathMatchTitan or RebKrall too. (maybe because for some reason Utron models are now the first ones UT "chooses" when it doesn't find the correct player class. Before installing Utron, the model UT loaded when it could not find the correct one, was "d00d").
Perhaps you should forget about the Spatial Fear bot - I tried playing as the SFJaelPlayer1 and the model/skin are fine - however when the Player is killed the game hangs as UT seems to be looking to run code from Spatial Fear to do with the player's death. I assume the same would happen if you use the Bot.

If you try to play as a RebKrall, you get this log warning (unsurprisingly) "Warning: Class RebKrall.RebKrall is not a child class of Class Engine.PlayerPawn.(null)"
gattovicentino wrote: About UtronPawnSkins.utx, it only contains colored rectangles, so it was probably incomplete.
Yes, I saw that - I don't know what the Reconizer bot looks like so thought that might fit it somehow.

PS - when you try these bots and they don't work, do you look in the UT.log as you may well find a clue there as to why they don't work?
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

The examples I gave need you to have that model package, except for the Fly which is a default pawn so should work for you.
The models should have an int file already, so just add the missing line and copy the package info to the new line.
If it does not have an int file that is why it does not list.
Load the package in UEd and find the models in the actor browser to see what the model names are.
You can make up your own display name.

PackageName.int
[Public]
Object=(Name=PackageName.ModelName,Class=Class,MetaClass=UnrealShare.Bots,Description="DisplayedName")
Object=(Name=PackageName.ModelName,Class=Class,MetaClass=UnrealShare.UnrealiPlayer,Description="DisplayedName")

These 2 lines define a metaclass for each model which can be forced to make the model appear to be in a different class.
Usually it will be the class built into the model, so if you compare the int files for a complete player model, you should see the human player listed in the players section (UnrealShare.UnrealiPlayer) in the UEd actor browser, and a matching bot listed in the bot section (UnrealShare.Bots).
Adding the missing line in the int will not make it show in the desired section in UEd, but the game will think it is there.

Make sure if you are trying to load models from a UT mod that lives in its own folder, that you either
1) copy all the model and engine resources from the mod folders to your regular UT folders.
2) or add the lines for the mod folders to your main UT ini (this is easiest).
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

I've done all that, tried to play (in UT) as a RebKrall (as noted in my previous post) and got that error.

Thinking it's for Unreal, I tried a RebKrall bot in UnrealGold - it shows up in the selection window (well, actually just a Krall, not the RebKrall as the skins are significantly different) but doesn't appear in game and I get a similar error message. Playing as a RebKrall merely results in playing as a Male1 player and using it as a bot results in nothing (no other normal bots) appearing.