brush importing formats in UEd 2.0

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: brush importing formats in UEd 2.0

Post by Dr.Flay »

The numbering is confusing, but the "Unreal Editor 2.1: Extended Standalone Edition" is the UT99 UEd 2 plus a few tweaks and useful addons.
I often recommend using it so you have a clean mini install to edit with so you don't get weird behaviur due to mods and updates to your main game.
Many people install 2 copies of UT for this, but it is a bit over the top.
I got it originally from the old HoF site. There should be a capture of the original page in the web archive but I can't find it.
The current URL works without Ws https://hofgamingclan.com, but is a fresh install not an import of the old site.

It is safe to install and use. It is a regular self extracting archive so you can easily inspect the contents without installing it.
You may find UT-Files is a faster source for downloads and tends to be up when you want it
http://ut-files.com/index.php?dir=UEditor_Developing/

It is NOT Unreal 227 UEd 2.1, so it does not have the new import/export options
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Okay so what does this particular ed have then? I don't care about the export/import btw, its other features I am interested in, for example I requested to be able to view texture scale and panning values on the surface tab and it was implemented, as one of the things that was personally helpful to me when working on the upsx maps for example, but even outside of that it's useful.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

No engine or code modifications were done with it, only configuration and addition of things like extra brush builders.
It offers no advantages other than being small and not needing a UT install.
The UT99-SDK was the only way to get new features in UEd at low level.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

papercoffee wrote:
Leo(T.C.K.) wrote:Can someone still answer the question about the standalone 2.1? Where did that came from?
As far as I know was/is it a fan made standalone version with added extra functions like the extruder Brush.
It was certainly not an Epic product.
It may not be from Epic, but the copyright at the bottom-right corner of edsplash.bmp says "© 2008 Epic Games".
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

No, it's not from Epic - here's most of the readme
Spoiler
::Disclaimer::
I In no way claim rights or Unreal tournament as mine in anyway shape or form, Unreal Tournament and Unreal Editor are Property of Epic games.

This is Unreal Editor 2.1 Extended Standalone edition, Made to run faster, and more efficiently aswell as give the mapper more options in terms of what they wish to do with their maps.

Unreal Ed Splash designed by me with a modification to the original design, Unreal Ed Icon imported into the exe code by me icon design by webtrance.

I hope you enjoy ;]
Contact info:
MuLti_{HoF}
Email: untamed_dark_fury@hotmail.com