loquebot

Discussions about UT99
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Re: loquebot

Post by TheDane »

JackGriffin wrote:ACE will never be able to uniquely ID someone unless it generates a master list of players and assigns them a whitelisting code. Anth knows this and I suspect it's what stops him from really digging into ACE to fix the few issues that remain.
I haven't used ACE for years as I don't run any servers, but last I used it ACE resolved unrealadmins while running, do we actualy know what this link does/did? It may be that Anth are collecting the catches, thereby obtaining the IP's from those catches, which actualy could be a violation to the GDPR, anyone had that thought but me?
Retired.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

You aren't the first person to ask that. My guess though is that it's much more benign and probably tied to updating it's internal whitelist. Anth isn't a tinkerer-level guy so it's unlikely he would build shady stuff into it without a reason. Gathering IP's is increasingly pointless and the unique identifiers ACE generates aren't far behind. Collecting them doesn't make sense really. I can see ACE reporting back telemetry data so he can know if it's working but whether that data violates the new regulations are anyone's guess.

I didn't run ACE other than to test it but I've often wondered if servers are putting themselves at lawsuit risk by doing so since it scans outside the installation. Is that legal now? I just don't know those answers. It seems to me that in today's world you'd need to declare what data is being transferred pretty openly. If the server is scanning the client outside of the game especially if it reports data back to the server then doesn't that need to be stated? If I'm running my aimbot in a private folder on a distinct drive and ACE can see and report on that but fails to meet the mandatory consumer protection information...I don't know. It would make me a bit nervous now.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

JackGriffin wrote:You aren't the first person to ask that. My guess though is that it's much more benign and probably tied to updating it's internal whitelist. Anth isn't a tinkerer-level guy so it's unlikely he would build shady stuff into it without a reason. Gathering IP's is increasingly pointless and the unique identifiers ACE generates aren't far behind. Collecting them doesn't make sense really. I can see ACE reporting back telemetry data so he can know if it's working but whether that data violates the new regulations are anyone's guess.

I didn't run ACE other than to test it but I've often wondered if servers are putting themselves at lawsuit risk by doing so since it scans outside the installation. Is that legal now? I just don't know those answers. It seems to me that in today's world you'd need to declare what data is being transferred pretty openly. If the server is scanning the client outside of the game especially if it reports data back to the server then doesn't that need to be stated? If I'm running my aimbot in a private folder on a distinct drive and ACE can see and report on that but fails to meet the mandatory consumer protection information...I don't know. It would make me a bit nervous now.
The GDPR is pretty complex, however, here's a link to some essential questions: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic ... -rights_da

On EU soil (either gameserver OR player, yes US servers MUST apply to GDPR if they allow access from EU clients) these rules must be followed. Ask Anth directly if he is harvesting IP adresses from players, if he says no, but still does it, he can go to jail if proven - that simple.
Retired.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Dodging a bit outside. Since that evil host-name is sharing crap against some EULA stuff why DNS servers are not removing them from being propagated ? Why damaging stuff is not reported and blocked properly ?
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

sektor2111 wrote:that evil host-name is sharing crap against some EULA stuff
what host name is that?
Retired.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

That one posted by PrinceOfFunky.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

There's only 1 way to deal with Loque... The Abyss!

Not an Aimbot but a bot with it's stats maxed out so it can kill you a dozen times without you realizing where it was. She kills the normal Loque all the time, the bot version would be no different.
Her stats
Even the famed Golden Reaver required therapy for life after facing The Abyss!
Abyss is just scary
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

EvilGrins wrote:There's only 1 way to deal with Loque... The Abyss!
wow, can I get a link to that skin please?
Retired.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

EvilGrins wrote:Image
This skin looks like Prince of Persia when he wears the mask of the wraith.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

TheDane wrote:wow, can I get a link to that skin please?
If I remember, I'll set it up for download when I get home tonight.

Personally, I always have her setup with this voicepack - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6749
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
shoq_jedi
Novice
Personal rank: Jedi Master

Post by shoq_jedi »

After just reading some of these reply's, wow some people on here sound like cheaters to me, or just as bad those who support them. There is a grey area when it comes to modifying config files that is debatable sure, but to include all modifications such as even FOV 120 a cheat, just to make the argument that it's futile to fight cheaters....well that is ridiculous. I use FOV 120, it's part of the game, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that type of modification. To lump it in together with cheats is just dumb.

IP debate aside. As you can't ban them and keep cheaters out with all the VPN's available etc...
And since it is up to the admin of your server to decide if they will ban the player.
If you have a reluctant admin the rest of the internet is still game.

Here is the way to fight back against cheaters.
Just make videos about them like these!

Possible Cheaters, Decide For Yourselves - UT 1999 FMJ Server US 2019

Easy to do, many easy ways to do this now in days. Much easier than it was 15 years ago. This is how I do it.
  • Be sure to yourself the players in cheating, PM if you need help deciding. 
  • Just use the latest demorec, spectate, obs or even just Nvidia software to show at lease 1 incredibly mathematically impossible scenario. 
  • Takes 30 minutes once you've got a few good demos of a cheater in a public server wining by their usual large margin. 
  • Don't look for aimbots, look for Radar/WallHacks. That is way more common. 
  • Post a video, share it with your UT99 Community. Or use the page my friend created. 
  • https://www.facebook.com/UnrealTournamentCheaters
  • Spend more time to make an even better video to convince the skeptical among us. (if you care enough to do so)
  • Allow player redemption- Challenge those who you accused to play against the same people they owned before while on live stream of their desktop like I do here.
*Disclaimer: Yes, Obviously a cheat was used to make these videos. An old one that is publicly available and only used in demo replays to overlay a view similar to what a real cheater would see. If you doubt this, just request a live streak of said player who made the video with is also easy to do using obs, restream.io, and Twitch/YouTube, etc...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

You cannot catch everything, cheats now days are more pro than you can imagine. Only if a coder was writing (or would write) what I'm thinking about, you might look at videos for days and you won't see what's going on. To not forget that they can be turned on off... It's why I'm not bother with debates because all time it's pointed a YouTube video with trash old cheats which anyone can see IRRELEVANT for new stuff, when in fact now days things are changed, not instant turns and instant fire, geniuses, but smoothing things a bit... in a more human format...

Note: I'm not opening any link elsewhere when I'm browsing ut99.org. I'm not using Facebook and I have no plans for that place.
VPN - I think that's not a game because ping grows and these are not really unlimited, technically if I have known proxies on a list, I block them - I don't care about them.

And then: In a NewNet whatever server with high ping, game is not hard at all. Due to real ping Bots won't see your real location firing like baboons behind you, you can simply step behind them (some maps are entertaining here) and killing them as long as damaging is in client, high ping is high ping and you cannot do anything here... you only need UT_FlakCannon...

Then: Title says loquebot... Huh ? What Loque Bot ? That is a COMMON BOT with properties changed - it's easy to configure a XAN as you want:

Code: Select all

[Botpack.ChallengeBotInfo]
Difficulty=4
BotFaces[1]=BossSkins.boss5Xan
BotNames[1]=Xan
BotTeams[1]=2
BotClasses[1]=MBot_G.MTBossBot //aka BotPak.TBossBot
BotSkins[1]=BossSkins.boss
BotSkills[1]=4.000000
BotAccuracy[1]=0.700000
CombatStyle[1]=0.700000
Alertness[1]=0.700000
Camping[1]=-0.300000
StrafingAbility[1]=0.600000
BotJumpy[1]=1
At these settings he don't even need a super aim facility, On-Line it's a bad-ass by default at that "native" skill level - it's an MBot anyway.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

shoq_jedi wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:13 am After just reading some of these reply's
Was it totally necessary to bump this thread with content which isn't really helping.
The last post was Sun May 05, 2019

=CLOSED=