Red_Fists mapping stuff.

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Red_Fists mapping stuff.

Post by sektor2111 »

Hmm... Titan after waking up do seems to have a lost collision - strange, very strange - perhaps it should not collide Movers and whatever... That will go for other examination another time...

For now paths are simplified - not perfect but... less loaded, (my self-test) and removing of some jumpy routes not needed with newer builder feature.
[attachment=0]TMaze_edt.PNG[/attachment]
Spot with enforcers has only 3 paths (actually 6) and nodes placed very close have been reduced as number. SpawnPoint ones and PlayerStart (lowered at 16 Pieces) do not include pathing data having 0 reachSpecs referenced.

Some logic has been adjusted. After touching WP 13, they are no longer have a goal messing up around as long as WP 14 is blocked - Wrong setup already debated months ago. WP 14 will be in the same room for keeping Bots in attack but is disabled until Titan is dead (recall: to check collision crap). Next WayPoint 15 is blocked until 14 is touched (Titan dead). Then MonsterEnd is unlocked, I think this map would be fun in servers with Bots because... the maze makes people crazy trying to figure where to go - tracking Bot this time is helpful. Aside, MHBotyMan4 is a jewel here for finding way very easy and my private server is supporting it (vanilla servers are crashing at WarpZones thanks to Epic and then it cannot be used in plain servers...).
Attachments
TMaze_edt.PNG
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:Hmm... Titan after waking up do seems to have a lost collision - strange, very strange - perhaps it should not collide Movers and whatever... That will go for other examination another time...
See state "Sitting"-code of Titan:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

state Sitting
{
	ignores SeePlayer, HearNoise, Bump, TakeDamage;

function Trigger( actor Other, pawn EventInstigator )
	{
		if ( EventInstigator.bIsPlayer )
		{
			AttitudeToPlayer = ATTITUDE_Hate;
			Enemy = EventInstigator;
			GotoState('Sitting', 'GetUp');
		}
		Disable('Trigger');
	}

function BeginState()
	{
		bProjTarget = false;
	}

GetUp:
	bProjTarget = true;
	PlayAnim('TGetUp');
	FinishAnim();
	SetCollisionSize(0, Default.CollisionHeight);
	SetPhysics(PHYS_Walking);
	DesiredSpeed = 1.0;
	Acceleration = vector(Rotation) * AccelRate;
	PlayAnim('TWalk001');
	FinishAnim();
	SetCollisionSize(Default.CollisionRadius, Default.CollisionHeight);
	GotoState('Attacking');

Begin:
	TweenAnim('TSit', 0.05);
	SetPhysics(PHYS_None);
}
At wakeup CollisionRadius is set to 0, then to "Default.CollisionRadius". Whatever the coder wants to achieve with that.

Beside that the coder did not take into account that DrawScale is not always the same as Default.DrawScale and so setting the collision size to the default values is wrong for this case.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

And now it's gratitude time:
Thank you, Barbie for excepting me from wasting time because you have pointed what I was about to check as secondary priority...

Edit: Switching gear - I think Titan is falling a bit because code seems stopped and default collision is not taken - has drawscale 1 so I don't get why it doesn't have Default.Collisionradius, unless state is changed during animation and code is never called... Putting titan lower behind mover and NOT over mover.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I would suggest waiting till I am done, I like that you guys do stuff, but I don't want you to waste time, I changed things around, added a few more pawns, I took the code for Sitting and are now on a Pupae(s) and not on the mover, but work very good.
BUT !!! now if they see a Bot, they friggen still wake up on their own, so I was going to add to the ignore "seebot" but I don't know if that works yet.
I tried looking online for all the code statements and things, so I might as well try it with my test room map.

I put triggers in to excite a pawn, oh but no, the bots won't trigger them, so I had to double up the triggers and use class, Bot, now they work.

The other problem is the damn monsters fighting each other, I messed with aggressive numbers, the more the worse, all we need is an ACTOR, NOT a mutator to shove in MH maps, or something.
Last edited by Red_Fist on Fri May 24, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Red_Fist wrote: BUT !!! now if they see a Bot, they friggen still wake up on their own, so I was going to add to the ignore "seebot" but I don't know if that works yet.
Good luck here, already was a discussion with EG toward Warlord and teleporting in MonsterHunt because BOT CODE IS saying Attack without any other condition making monster to change state and ignoring sitting, teleporting or whatever - for this reason I wrote those "statues" monsters from map MH-ThoseSeasons not for other reason, frankly, for getting over MonsterHunt's attack code blabbering. So it's not waking up on his own but because of Bot - remove Bots and see what happens (summon a nasty weapon for testing and try it alone).

PS: I asked those writing tutorials for MH mapping to describe these problems for mappers but no one is bothering with techs explanations, everyone is sampling a crapped map which no one has fixed before, described even as being a "nice idea" when actually the way of doing is more than messed up.
Red_Fist wrote: The other problem is the damn monsters fighting each other, I messed with aggressive numbers, the more the worse, all we need is an ACTOR, NOT a mutator to shove in MH maps, or something.
That's easy - recompile SYF mutator into an actor and drop that inside a MH map - No one will even blink, I had even more aggressive ones: All Monsters teaming against Tamerlane :lol2: .
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Couldn't a line be thrown into each pawn, ignore "scriptedpawn" ?

That has been a strategy cheat for me for a very long time, and in other games, even Nintendo. You try to get the enemies to inadvertently shoot at each other, or get them to fight by lobbing stuff, run away let a Titan take care of the whole fight, then kill an easy health titan.

For pawns to fight in a MH map or SP is 100% defeating the purpose of the game. Unless it was for cinematic scene, otherwise fighting pawns problem should be cured.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Red_Fist wrote:The other problem is the damn monsters fighting each other
If you fix that with an integrated mutator please make it possible to deactivate it because your solution may be incompatible to solutions on servers. (For example add a variable "active".)
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote:If you fix that with an integrated mutator please make it possible to deactivate it because your solution may be incompatible to solutions on servers. (For example add a variable "active".)
Can be used a slower method like a background process - this map allows this easily because it uses a normal number of Monsters - of course, with option to deactivate it and even having an INI file...
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Ok I got it, used 2 property flippers, one for sight radius, the other for visibility.

I tested a Titan in sitting orders, one trigger for the properties (flipper) and the other for triggering the Titan to get up.

In that way, neither one can see each other, use a zero, for Visibility and a zero for Sightradius, on the pawns.The sightradius you must set the type in the property flipper to FLOAT to the radius you want, and the visibility to BYTE for the visibility you want (I used default of pawn). In my usage it's a very minor part of the workings of the map and it just needs to be 2 things that will use it once. but for a Pupae(s) not a Titan.

I wanted some pawn that can move through the hallways easily and the Sitting code worked just fine for them.

The "Sitting" part takes care of the Player, the other for the bots. :D

And the bots were shooting around it and didn't wake up, I shot it, works the same as sitting,
Last edited by Red_Fist on Sat May 25, 2019 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Red_Fist wrote: The sightradius you must set the type in the property flipper to FLOAT, and the visibility to INT. In my usage it's a very minor part of the workings of the map and it just needs to be 2 things that will use it once. but for a Pupae(s) not a Titan.
Thank you so far, then I'll stick with version done before... already these "tweaks" will screw up map - happened in other cases too...
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

No it will work no problem at all, or for online, it isn't messing with strange things or trying to get blood from a Turnip or some static actor trying to make it do unnatural things, pretty straight forward. And the flipper was written by that guy at Legend. WOT and Unreal2 guy. In the Unreal2 version he added a lot more stuff but not for the original engine.

Plus the Pupae is just set to Fighting animation so there is no change other than waking up.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

sektor2111 wrote:
Red_Fist wrote: The sightradius you must set the type in the property flipper to FLOAT, and the visibility to INT. In my usage it's a very minor part of the workings of the map and it just needs to be 2 things that will use it once. but for a Pupae(s) not a Titan.
Thank you so far, then I'll stick with version done before... already these "tweaks" will screw up map - happened in other cases too...

visibility to BYTE not INT....oops
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Red_Fist wrote:visibility to BYTE not INT....oops
The "flipper" is working with the "SetPropertyText" function - everything you define will be converted into a string anyway. And the "SetPropertyText" function should be smart enough to convert text to the matching data type (if possible). So it does not matter if you choose BYTE or INT (keeping values in the data range, of course).
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote:So it does not matter if you choose BYTE or INT (keeping values in the data range, of course).
Exactly this is what I was trying to say, when those values are too "loved" all goes into a big nothing. I know a map where mapper set pupae to ranged attack and log was full of sh!t to not mention that monster went completely retarded.
From my experience if you are working too much time on a map, it might go badly screwed up due to "ideas" coming at random - latest mapping activities presented at ut99.org confirmed this thing. If I want a new map I'd rather prefer initial beta provided - fixed by me in big parts and... DONE. Last time I had a productive visiting activity here, I could fix old maps and use some those "beta" adjusted.

Around visibility problem - let's say that I have MH controllers activating A.I. without to take any of these "ideas" in account, just because I want my controllers full of aggressiveness, Monster should be a... Monster and not a lamb or a stupid worm dying scared by dark or by my steps sound.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I consider a BYTE as more of a flag to a specific setting than some number, and the flipper has it setup just as you would see in the actor properties.

"Exactly this is what I was trying to say, when those values are too "loved" all goes into a big nothing."

If you want to use the game or any programing at all, why bother making anything at all with that attitude.

Here is a problem that I never thought would NOT work.
A friggen Bot can't even trigger a scripted pawn to hate them as the instigator. Trigger says player, pawn even has, hate when triggered, and even has "firstPlayerevent," etc etc and the trigger "player" does work for a bot like turning on a light.

But it won't trigger a scripted pawn only unless it sees the bot, fixing that or an option to do that
IS NOT

"all goes into a big nothing."

Also there should be a way to make an actor dormant, WHY ? because you shouldn't have to make a new pawn into being forced to use a creature factory for 5 enemies. WHY, ? because you have to use a creature factory or there will be things fighting, or the bots will shoot placed pawns. And you can't use that so called tag that is given to the pawn, AND the frigging counter can't reset.

Hell yes all those things makes the prime objective, the idea, so much work to do one simple thing.

Alarmpoints yet even more useless crap, I want to alarm the damn pawns WITHOUT everyone staring at the stupid alarmpoint two enemies staring 5 feet away before the attack.
To me an alarmpoint is a triggered thing from miles away, IF desired.
IS NOT

"all goes into a big nothing."