Why are my spawns broken

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
rtg
Average
Personal rank: the incredable kid

Why are my spawns broken

Post by rtg »

Hello,
Can someone tell me why my spawns are broken? I spawn in random locations, even tho I have set the correct value for the spawns to their respective teams.

Thank you.

--edit by UnrealGGecko--

Could it be aliens?
Attachments
CTF-BleakTDN-test14.unr
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 43 times
Last edited by UnrealGGecko on Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please avoid double-posting within 24 hours.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: Why are my spawns broken

Post by Red_Fist »

I messed up something for my UT windows dll trying to eliminate a problem, but you should change the map name in the level properties to "CTF-" might be it.
Binary Space Partitioning
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

If you haven't checked the log while the map is running:

I just pressed the build all button and it fixes it, I suggest you do the same, if it doesn't work I'll just send you a build from my ued.
rtg
Average
Personal rank: the incredable kid

Post by rtg »

I actually sent the map to someone to rebuild it for me and he sent it over to me working fine. Weird shit, gotta love ued.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Actually Bots might even crash the game here because you have deleted/moved a navigationpoint without to rebuild paths = breaking navigationpoints list. When Navigation list is broken TDM game uses iterator sorting a playerstart without team consideration and then you might spawn in other base. As a note, here is a small fragment from log (these logs are broken in my environment mainly post XCGE v21....)

Code: Select all

Critical: APawn::breadthPathFrom
Critical: APawn::findPathToward
To summarize: this is mapping goofing not Editor goofing. By using my custom CTF game I was trying to find enemy flag - NO chance, which is demonstrating that navigation is broken.

Next points
- nice Level for a CTF ground. After removing useless nodes I think this is good for a server... :gj: .
- for a coding exercise for self person I think I will want to write a mutator for rewrapping navigationpoint list but I believe default Engine will still crash when network is corrupted. Probably a try won't hurt anything.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bump - New feature added in MapGarbage builder.
I had a recall about this topic with spawns broken. Now let's see what is broken...
brokenChain.PNG
As result you can spawn as Blue player in Red base and then game might crash when a Bot starts roaming around.

On my "to do" List:
Finding more old/new broken maps for testing intensive these features (two new features).
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Not the first time you having issue with this.... is there a virus on your friendly unrealed goblin?
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

All issues are created based on Paths-Net modifications without rebuilding them and making some of these actors to no longer exist when C++ code calls them in run-time...
I'm aware of another sort of bug generated in this mapping chapter with the same critical "Run-Time" results, even if apparently all Navigation does looks fine in Editor. That one is also detectable but... I don't know how many other "options" are capable to badly ruin everything and harder to catch. The common fix for a such critical crash or spawn problems is "Paths Undefine" and "Paths Define" commands - in separate Editing sessions results are even more clean.