Which is the best coop mod for UT?

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Aldebaran
Masterful

Which is the best coop mod for UT?

Post by Aldebaran »

I am looking for a good coop mod that can handle nearly all available ut coop campaigns. I tried the one used by Operation Na Pali (olextras.tvcoop), the 7 Bullets Saga (SevenB.tvcoop) and Xidia (xidiampack.tvcoop), but they all works well only with certain campaigns and have only few configuration options, I miss some where you can configure the start weapon for example. I plan to use EXU Weapons or Nali Weapons with it, so the standard weapons are pending behind.

Any suggestions/download links for a good coop mod like the ecoop one from MrLoathsome that seems not to be available?
Last edited by Aldebaran on Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Re: What is the best coop mod for UT?

Post by esnesi »

I had the same issues when adding coop to my server.
I ended up with 3's coop gametype. (cooppl5.coopgame2) or something similar.

I will ask if i can share those files with you ( i assume he wont mind)
And will share those gametype files here, when i am at home tonight.
It's compatible with all the SP map packs.

It lets you spawn with the unreal asmd and dispersion pistol, and you got the green scoreboard HUD. (not the inventory hud though)
It also has the feature that it automatically reloads the ammo.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Re: Which is the best coop mod for UT?

Post by Aldebaran »

That would be great :rock:
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

send you pm :rock:
Ath3na
Novice

Post by Ath3na »

Hello there,

Is a link exist for this coop mod "cooppl5.coopgame2" or else like that please ?

Many thanks.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Athena, it should be in your cache, its running in the server of 3. The current version is ccooplc, I started lettering them after exhausting the numbers basically. The original ccoop was by cardi which went all the way up to version 5. Cardi as the Cardiologist the author of skaarj tower fall of sethe for example.
After Cardi left the scene I started making ccoopl, which then started to have numbered versions. This is not a general purpose coop mod. It is specificaly meant for 3's use and all the tweaks and stuff included is usually on request of 3 or other people frequenting the server, but 3 has the final word.

Some of the packs are also exclusive to 3's and might not work best running without ccoopl for example like that MH pack I converted from boomboy.

Since this stuff is heavily reliant on the server packages of 3, I recommend just joining the server grabbing the files and using utcacheconvert. Otherwise you'll keep missing files that it is dependant on. One of the latest additions was a bool switch support for akcoop/akcoop2 that adds the bluemag from olweps package. Which is technically a replacement for the karmiea rose gun. However previously when akcoop was run during halloween season it never spawned the gun and admins had to summon it. The update was made to remedy that as it detects akcoop then spawns bluemag for all players.

Gopostal made his own fork of ccoop ages ago and ecoop is also based on it but it changed a ton.