DM-Amazonia16 (Release)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Power107
Average
Personal rank: Soon to be non-activ

DM-Amazonia16 (Release)

Post by Power107 »

Hello everyone!
Power107 proudly presents the sequel of DM-Abyss][: DM-Amazonia16(FULL NAME: Amazon Rainforest Destiny).

->Unlike any offcial DM map; this map takes place in a 100% outdoor environment so USE YOUR REDEEMER TO COUNTER SNIPERS AND USE YOUR SNIPERS TO SHOOT DOWN THE REDEEMER'S MISSILE ON TIME.

Support for up to 16 players similarly to DM-Deck16][ and DM-Tempest.
The level contains every weapon of UT99: Snipers; Rocket launchers; Flak Cannons...
Colorful coronas and effective positioning of lights.
Limitless static meshes--decorations--and brushes are used to entertain the player.

Doom...Apocalypse...Chaos...The Amazon forest was once a reflection of nature but today: Amazon is a dark battle arena due to the curse of corporate greed. Some years ago UNESCO declared the remains of the forest as a "Global Heritage Zone"; to the general public this meant that the Amazon Rainforest will become untouchable to the curse of greed...
However--the UN handed the land to a multi-trillionaire named Maximus Falcon who is the CEO of Falcon Industries and Maximus is also more wealthier than Rockefeller. The true reason why the UN handed the sacred land to a devil is unknown but fortunately the immoral relationship between the UN and the elite can be traced by tracking Ted Turner's donation of $1 billion to the UN in 1900s.
A lot of protests were held--to protect the Sanctity of Life--after Maximus converted the Amazon Rainforest into a dark battle arena. In response, Maximus asserted:
"My legend Charles Darwin proved that you humans are evolved from apes which are in fact animals! So if we can butcher animals for meat then why not butcher humans who are animals too, and can be revived with the use of my nano-tech genetic modifications...And just wanted to remind you that Nano-tech mods can not be used to revive animals--other than your mundane human race--as they become too much powerful and cause harmful damages! Our nano-tech has caused a lot of positive alterations to this world as the power to revive the deceased with the speed of light lead to an eternal nuclear war between India and Pakistan hence the global nuclear winter which resulted in a permanent darkness over the sky and...OF COURSE the snow above my Amazon Rainforest--but we are kind enough to keep a nano-tech electric barrier above the remains of Amazon to make sure that deathmatch battles are entertaining!"

[attachment=4]Amazonia16Shot01.png[/attachment]
[attachment=3]Amazonia16Shot02.png[/attachment]
[attachment=2]Amazonia16Shot03.png[/attachment]
[attachment=1]Amazonia16Shot04.png[/attachment]

SPECIAL THANKS: sektor2111 for helping me to build good bot paths. Smeer Kat for teaching me UEd 2.0; this i why you should go and subscribe his YouTube channel.
Attachments
DM-Amazonia16.zip
(495.3 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Amazonia16Shot04.png
Amazonia16Shot03.png
Amazonia16Shot02.png
Amazonia16Shot01.png
My recent level:
DM-Amazonia16
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: DM-Amazonia16 (Release)

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Definetly an improvement to your Abyss map. :gj:

The good:
  • - Some decent brushwork and decorations.
    - Lighting is pretty alright.
    - Good bots (make sure you learn from what Sektor did. He knows what he is talking about).
The bad:
- The layout, its mostly just a giant cube with platforms and ledges.
- Some non-sensical decisions: neon signs on an aztec wall? A waterfall is a ramp to go up on? Lazers beside the UDamage that just end and do nothing? Yes the game is called Unreal Tournament, but there needs to be at least some sence in there. :P
- The platforms that only ended up connecting by a thin corner. Kept falling off down when over there.

Few more attempts and you might pull a good level, dont get discouraged and keep going :thuup:

Offtopic: mind decreasing the height of your signature a bit? Fairly large image you have there :o
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

UnrealGGecko wrote:Offtopic: mind decreasing the height of your signature a bit? Fairly large image you have there :o
Adblock Plus is your friend here. :lol: (In case you use Firefox.)
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Power107
Average

Post by Power107 »

UnrealGGecko wrote:Definetly an improvement to your Abyss map. :gj:

The good:
  • - Some decent brushwork and decorations.
    - Lighting is pretty alright.
    - Good bots (make sure you learn from what Sektor did. He knows what he is talking about).
The bad:
- The layout, its mostly just a giant cube with platforms and ledges.
- Some non-sensical decisions: neon signs on an aztec wall? A waterfall is a ramp to go up on? Lazers beside the UDamage that just end and do nothing? Yes the game is called Unreal Tournament, but there needs to be at least some sence in there. :P
- The platforms that only ended up connecting by a thin corner. Kept falling off down when over there.

Few more attempts and you might pull a good level, dont get discouraged and keep going :thuup:

Offtopic: mind decreasing the height of your signature a bit? Fairly large image you have there :o
Thanks--the feedback is more positive than I expected from you but just wanted to inform you that the "non-sensical decisions" you mentioned are logical if you read the map description. But I understand why you do not like them as some people criticize Star Wars for showing fire in space which is also non-sensical too.
And not far away: In UT99 we have fire in CTF-Face which does not do any damage if u stand on it and I know the reason why...Ask me later if u wanna know!
I agree that the layout is not good :agree1: but is also not a "giant cube" as you said because it is a BSP based terrain that I subtracted and it does not looks good as Epic did not intended level designer to use the BSP based terrain to make maps which are completely set in an outdoor environment...But what about CTF-Face?
The author of Face--Inoxx-- used 3d Studio Max to make the asteroid instead of UEd.
For the "platforms": Sorry I do not get where they are please give more info...
I have changed my signature as you did not liked the old one.
Keep up the great work! See you on the other side!
My recent level:
DM-Amazonia16
Power107
Average

Post by Power107 »

It as been a long time and the map has been downloaded infinite times which is great. :mrgreen:
BTW, for my new map which I recently announced, the progress is 0% for CTF-FalconColiseum as of now because I haven't even created the .unr file for the map. :wtf:
Stay tuned for more updates!
My recent level:
DM-Amazonia16
Power107
Average

Post by Power107 »

DEVELOPER UPDATE:
Nothing new for today...Maybe tomorrow... :mrgreen:
My recent level:
DM-Amazonia16
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I don't think having neon sign in an amazon map is such a bad thing.

The name of the game is "UNREAL" and I like to watch movies or play vid games that take me away from reality.

Besides we really don't know since the Amazon was light years ahead with aliens pyramids with a base in the middle of the jungle, friggen neon all over the place in their spaceship, LED's, and all that jazz.
Binary Space Partitioning
Power107
Average

Post by Power107 »

Red_Fist wrote:I don't think having neon sign in an amazon map is such a bad thing.

The name of the game is "UNREAL" and I like to watch movies or play vid games that take me away from reality.

Besides we really don't know since the Amazon was light years ahead with aliens pyramids with a base in the middle of the jungle, friggen neon all over the place in their spaceship, LED's, and all that jazz.
Thank God...At-least there is one cool guy who understands science fiction! :D :tu: :gj:
My recent level:
DM-Amazonia16
Power107
Average

Post by Power107 »

Currently working on my next project, and its nearly complete. :rock:
My recent level:
DM-Amazonia16
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

Power107 wrote:DEVELOPER UPDATE:
How is this an update :lol2:
Power107
Average

Post by Power107 »

Metalfist wrote:
Honestly...Its a legal way to bump a thread. Its allowed in UT99.org and similar forums. :evil: :twisted:
My recent level:
DM-Amazonia16
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Power107 wrote:
Metalfist wrote:
Honestly...Its a legal way to bump a thread. Its allowed in UT99.org and similar forums. :evil: :twisted:
Hmmm... you think so?
8. Avoid unnecessary, as well as double and triple postings in the same thread. Double posting is only allowed after 24 hours after the last post, or in extensive tutorials which need such posting space.
You didn't double or triple post but it was certainly unnecessary :ironic:

You don't have to stay on top of the posts just to get your map noticed. If your map is decent enough will people post and give you comments.
Now keep up the mapping and don't waste time by bumping your thread ...let the map-making speak for yourself.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Poor Power107, first it was the map name duplicate, then the use of color text as an introduction to a map, then an update saying the update isn't done, now the posting, and the sig picture. on and on.

I mean we do have people in the world who don't have to be a friggen sour faced elite clone. "individualism " look it up.

I think he is just excited to post new maps that he is making, and finding a forum that still has users that still map.

If you really want a complaint, I don't like posting in "new downloads" because the shit is way at the friggin bottom that hardly gets noticed. of the forum. The mapping should be for mapping problems not every ones done map. :mad2:

Move that dang thread to the TOP
Binary Space Partitioning
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

@Red_Fist
I think you got into the wrong throat.

Now calm down and let Power107 do his mapping :wink:
Power107
Average

Post by Power107 »

papercoffee wrote:
Power107 wrote:
Metalfist wrote:
Hmmm... you think so?
8. Avoid unnecessary, as well as double and triple postings in the same thread. Double posting is only allowed after 24 hours after the last post, or in extensive tutorials which need such posting space.
You didn't double or triple post but it was certainly unnecessary :ironic:

You don't have to stay on top of the posts just to get your map noticed. If your map is decent enough will people post and give you comments.
Now keep up the mapping and don't waste time by bumping your thread ...let the map-making speak for yourself.
Thanks for reminding me of rule 8 :tu:
My recent level:
DM-Amazonia16