How can I make the "goto next map" logo visible?

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Aldebaran
Masterful

How can I make the "goto next map" logo visible?

Post by Aldebaran »

I have a map which has many of these "goto next map" teleporters in. The problem is these teleporters work but the logos are not visible for players.
I don't want to touch the map itself, I want to make the logos visible with a mutator I have already.

I use the CheckReplacement function for other reasons, to change the destination-URL:

Code: Select all

local Teleporter TELE;
TELE = Teleporter(Other);
if (string(TELE) ~= "Mapname.Teleporter2" )
{
    TELE.Url="MapName2#entree?peer";
}
Is there a value I can set to make these teleporter-logos visible with my mutator?
Attachments
pic.jpg
pic.jpg (25.57 KiB) Viewed 1122 times
Last edited by Aldebaran on Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: How can I make the "goto next map" logo visible?

Post by Chamberly »

Have you checked in the properties of it in the unreal editor, marking the bHidden=False? Was wanting to check on this.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I looked into the map with the editor, there is no difference of Teleporters that can be seen and those you can't. bHidden is set to True in both cases.
Also I tried setting bHidden=False with my mutator, it changes nothing...

EDIT: Ooohhhh sorry, I found the reason for my problem. Another mutator spawns these logos, I have overseen that.
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

That is exactly how all my COOP and MH maps looks like.
I did not knew better and assumed it's designed like that..

All though i saw portals earlier in coop maps, which show the next level in the portal (preview-ish)
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I assumed too that these logos are build in maps but as far as I can see the coop mod adds them.
So if you add a teleporter as in my situation AFTER the coop mod has started you have to add the logo for it by yourself.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

The problem is that you cannot distinguish between a teleport that brings you to another teleport or to a map, even if for this last one the teleport URL may have a hashtag to specify the teleport from which to spawn in the next map, but indeed it "may". So, just if you're confident that all the teleporters in coop maps bring to a map instead of another teleport within the same map then you can make a mutator that checks for every teleport and sets tp.bHidden=True; tp.DrawScale=<tp_size>; and then you can turn the teleports to rotate continuously etc...
Another solution would be to create a mutator that checks just for the teleporters specified in an .int file with a format like this:

[<map_name>]
url_1=<url1>
url_2=<url2>
url_n=<url_n>
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:The problem is that you cannot distinguish between a teleport that brings you to another teleport or to a map, even if for this last one the teleport URL may have a hashtag to specify the teleport from which to spawn in the next map, but indeed it "may".
Objection here. See stock source code of Engine.Teleporter:
Spoiler

// Teleporter was touched by an actor.
simulated function Touch( actor Other ) {
	if ( !bEnabled )
		return;

if( Other.bCanTeleport && Other.PreTeleport(Self)==false ) {
		if( (InStr( URL, "/" ) >= 0) || (InStr( URL, "#" ) >= 0) ) {
			// Teleport to a level on the net.
			if( (Role == ROLE_Authority) && (PlayerPawn(Other) != None) )
				Level.Game.SendPlayer(PlayerPawn(Other), URL);
		}
		else {
			// Teleport to a random teleporter in this local level, if more than one pick random.
PrinceOfFunky wrote:you can turn the teleports to rotate continuously
Engine.Teleporter has bStatic=True. So I guess rotation is not possible.
Aldebaran wrote:Is there a value I can set to make these teleporter-logos visible with my mutator?
If changing bVisible to TRUE does not work, spawn an special visible Actor on the same location.
BTW: why do SHOWALL does not show Teleporters and Triggers on clients in net play?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Also when teleporters are DT_Sprites I wish you luck at rotating these... :lol2:
If you are talking about a custom texture with multiple frames (simulating rotation) that's another story - and NOT A Stock thing.