DM-FrostM(Release): The Best Level Ever Forged!

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Power107
Average
Personal rank: Soon to be non-activ

DM-FrostM(Release): The Best Level Ever Forged!

Post by Power107 »

Power107 proudly presents: DM-FrostM(full name: Frost Megacorporation's Headquarters) and the map takes place in Antarctica...In a dystopian future.
->ACHTUNG - Please read how to INSTALL - Move the map file DM-FrostM.unr to the Maps folder of UT99 and move the music file Strider-NU-P107 into the Music folder of UT99.

• Support for up to 12 players similarly to DM-Barricade and DM-Zeto and custom music: Remastered by Necto Ulin.
  • Colorful coronas and effective positioning of lights.
  • The level contains every weapon of UT99: Snipers; Rocket launchers; Flak Cannons...
  • Limitless static meshes--decorations--and brushes are used to entertain the player.

The Frost Corporation successfully shifted their headquarters from Yorkshire to Antarctica in order to track an unholy conspiracy...The conspiracy reveals that Antarctica is inhabited by a race which possesses advanced technology. However--the elite and the globalists were opposed to this movement because the elite will lose its grip over the human race if humans will know the secrets that were hidden for countless centuries.
Hence: The elite(they can be either the Illuminati or the Knights Templar in this strangle scenario, according to conspiracy theorists)requested their pet Anunnaki to telepathically manipulate the owner of Frost Corporation to sell the company to their most loyal servant Mike Trinity...And the Anunnakiwere successful therefore Frost is now a Megacorporation--and a subsidiary of Trinity Holdings.
Frost Megacorporation's Headquarters were supposed to be the heart of positiveness but due to Mike's influence; Frost's HQ is now a dark battle arena for Mike's Trinity Championship.

[attachment=4]FrostScreenshot01.png[/attachment]
[attachment=3]FrostScreenshot02.png[/attachment]
[attachment=2]FrostScreenshot03.png[/attachment]
[attachment=1]FrostScreenshot04.png[/attachment]
This might be my last UT99 level for a long long time(or forever)as my summer holidays are about to finish so I would prefer to use my free time when my holidays will end to play the game as I won't have the time to play the game and make maps at the same time when my holidays will end.
SPECIAL THANKS: sektor2111 for banishing duplicate actors and building bot paths; Smeer Kat for teaching me UEd 2.5 in less than a month and ultimately Necto Ulin for the music remaster.
Attachments
DM-FrostM.zip
(4.27 MiB) Downloaded 33 times
FrostScreenshot04.png
FrostScreenshot03.png
FrostScreenshot02.png
FrostScreenshot01.png
My recent level:
DM-Amazonia16
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: DM-FrostM(Release): The Best Level Ever Forged!

Post by EvilGrins »

Power107 wrote:This might be my last UT99 level for a long long time(or forever)as my summer holidays are about to finish
I do believe there will be Summer holidays in the coming year as well.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Power107
Average

Post by Power107 »

EvilGrins wrote:
Power107 wrote:This might be my last UT99 level for a long long time(or forever)as my summer holidays are about to finish
I do believe there will be Summer holidays in the coming year as well.
Yes but I have long term plans for Wc3 Reforged. :D
EDIT:
I am planning to post a DEV UPDATE soon.
Last edited by Power107 on Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My recent level:
DM-Amazonia16
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Dude, will you please stop bumping the thread after every single little thing?
Only do it when it is super duper important to do so. Really annoying to see this being unread only to see barely anything new has been posted :mad2:
Power107
Average

Post by Power107 »

UnrealGGecko wrote:Dude, will you please stop bumping the thread after every single little thing?
Only do it when it is super duper important to do so. Really annoying to see this being unread only to see barely anything new has been posted :mad2:
Agreed, but put that in House Rules to make sure someone else does not make this mistake.
My recent level:
DM-Amazonia16
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

It looks like that he needs attention. Is there something like an ignore list in this forum?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Power107
Average

Post by Power107 »

DEVELOPER UPDATE:
My A Level classes are starting from this September so I will be non-active hence if you have found a bug or have a suggestion please inform me now as I wont be able to post a Release Candidate 2 later.
Regards, Power107 the Dungeon Master.
My recent level:
DM-Amazonia16
XaNKoNII
Skilled
Personal rank: Phenix

Post by XaNKoNII »

I think you are like me at the begging when i joined this community. Its normal to want attention and seem different, let people know who you are and feel like they recognize your presence but I think you are doing this the wrong way, i had lots of projects and posted about them in a sense it was to track my progress as a level Designer/mapper, and also showing but you are doing it like every small step u post something instead of waiting and showing entirely different stages of your skill and instead of being humble you are kind of being arrogant :?

Regarding your mapping, (as per usual ill post a video of my game play later) i feel you have improved but regarding geometry / architecture i feel like you are going into a surreal kind of artistic touch and so you should mold your map design around that instead of trying to make a fantasy/realistic design but producing a surreal design instead. Ironically i want to recomend you to study and practice realistic architecture /realistic architectural elements so that you can make this surreal design of your's a little bit grounded and thus belivable, I say this because you still make rooms that are giant boxes that serve no architectural purpose (like what is the room supposed to be used as? a corridor? a hall? an art display?) with some , although very interesting, random geometry and shapes. One thing you are doing that i like very much is that each part of the map has a uniqueness to it as well as lighting, something to make it memorable and that helps the game play because the more distinct each room each the easier it is for people to know where they are in the map.

I allways love to share the "mind of the maker" not because of boast but because its interesting to see how someone evolves or works, i sure appreciate that and love taking bits of knowledge from other people so i'm going to list my works so that if you are interested you can see the "time lapse" and what changed in my way of making maps including the kind of things i referred above:

As u can see on the first year i posted a lot, but some of these are right out studies witch what i wanted was mainly feed back to improve and thanks to the people of this community specially on the Chaos Mapping Contest i learned a lot of things (And i still need to learn a lot more although now i can make maps that look a lot prettier).

April 2017: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12168 (Study: Lights and study of single player mechanics)
June 2017: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12242 (Study: Enviroment and SP mechanics)
August 2017: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12338 (DM-Doom canceled map i was working)
October and November 2017: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12367&start=210 (check for my comment with the map entry if you are interested)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12538 (Chaos map contest map entry Lords of the Void final version, take a good look at this map and how the first version was, this is the jumps you should make reach the point where u can make something like the 1st version so that u can jump to the 2nd)
December 2017: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12594 (Architecture:Element - Bridge (for use/inspiration) this is when i started studying real world architecture)
: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12597 (Architecture:Element - Bridge (for use/inspiration) )
: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12623 (Dimensions (Canceled! Pre Alpha released!) (Single Player study of puzzle mechanics, start to see a pattern here? canceled canceled canceled)
: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12609 (my house, a study of architecture, sizer and proportions of things in the Unreal game)
Febuary 2018: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12709 (Achitecture - Parking lot , study of real life architecture and light)
December 2018: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13113 (DM-Miestas release Post)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12707 (DM- Miestas work in progress post)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12978 (CTF-Under, unfinished map project)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13148 ( A video where i talk about these 2 last maps and its an idea for a level design show im going to continue later on this year)

July 2019: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13398 (MH-D_sector my current map project)
Power107
Average

Post by Power107 »

@everyone Sorry for annoying you guys by bumping the thread as I did not knew that it is a wrong action because normally I do not use internet to communicate with others; this means that I am only active on UT99.org instead of other forums and social media platforms. So once again sorry, I wish I could travel back in time and fix that. :(

@Xan Thanks for the feedback as I never knew about surrealism before but please feel free to mention any other thing that you are aware which I can improve.
Good luck for your future maps and good luck for the video! :tu:
My recent level:
DM-Amazonia16
XaNKoNII
Skilled
Personal rank: Phenix

Post by XaNKoNII »

Power107 wrote:@everyone Sorry for annoying you guys by bumping the thread as I did not knew that it is a wrong action because normally I do not use internet to communicate with others; this means that I am only active on UT99.org instead of other forums and social media platforms. So once again sorry, I wish I could travel back in time and fix that. :(

@Xan Thanks for the feedback as I never knew about surrealism before but please feel free to mention any other thing that you are aware which I can improve.
Sure dude no problem, trust me i know what u feel, at the beggining i was trying to make interactions as much as i could arround here but eventually i understood the nuances of how a Forum socializes, specially a forum from an old game comunity its ment to be ocasional and not constant bombardment thats why it seems you are anoying some people. Think of it like the time before internet when people used to send letters to one another, they wouldnt send a letter over every little thing that happened instead they would wait for relevant and important things to happen to then send a letter to other people :D Thank you for being humble and accepting my honesty i guess you arent actually that arrogant :noidea just trying to sell yourself good 8)
regarding the improvement on maps I can say at least you are a doer unlike me im more of a thinker we both kinda have to go against our nature a little, you need to study more and plan a little bit and i need to do a bit more :loool:
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Power107 wrote:@everyone Sorry for annoying you guys by bumping the thread as I did not knew that it is a wrong action because normally I do not use internet to communicate with others; this means that I am only active on UT99.org instead of other forums and social media platforms. So once again sorry, I wish I could travel back in time and fix that. :(

Hey, you are a good guy. :rock:

keep mapping !!!

Oh, and ! I did see your earlier post, no biggie.

SO I want to reform you and listen to this album.

Crank it up !!!!
Binary Space Partitioning
Power107
Average

Post by Power107 »

Thank you for your unending kindness! :D
Especially for reforming me--and informing me about hope; love and happiness.
My recent level:
DM-Amazonia16