Mismatches - Tool

Discussions about Servers
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Mismatches - Tool

Post by esnesi »

Hey,

I can use MapManager or any other tool to see which files a map are dependable of.
But is there also a tool where i can check all my server maps with at once, if they are dependable of the SAME file?
I assume the UEditor, but i was thinking more of something that saves me quite some time.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by esnesi on Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: Mismatches - Tool

Post by Chamberly »

I'm in looking for this too.

@Medor, know anything?

Edit: There is something similar on a website here, you probably don't need to register but do look here:
Note - only from Destination Unreal and only showing Monster Hunt maps, so it do not have everything else!

Map package search - you can either click on a popular searched name of a file or type in a name of a file and it show associated maps with it.
http://www.destinationunreal.com/module ... age_search

An mostly filly detailed map information - do move your mouse cursor over the packages box that contain what file is in System, etc. and it displays some there before you get to download it.
Example: http://www.destinationunreal.com/module ... ap&id=2301

(Now if Medor would do this package search on all of his files, he have majority of his files in a bunch and we'd be all set! :loool: )
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
esnesi
Godlike

Post by esnesi »

Would be nice if there is tool which has the feature to scan a Maps folder, and gives a ''Conflict'' on maps if they are using the same file. (same filename)
Saves a hell of a lot time.

But i think this is a classic case of: ''Dreeeaaaam on son!''
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

iSenSe wrote:But is there also a tool where i can check all my server maps with at once, if they are dependable of the SAME file?
I don't understand what you want to have here. Each map has a list of packages it depends on. If the name of two packages of two different maps is the same, it is not necessary that they have the same content. So you have to relay on the GUID in a package or on a checksum (like unrealarchive.org does) to identify a package definitely.

So you perhaps want a file mismatch checker?

PS: To read the package names you can use a Delphi library or utdep.pl (Perl script for UT package info) for example.
PPS: Just noticed the subject... :loool:
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

If I well understand, here it's about some lousy packages having the same name but different structure making two maps to never run in the same server because one of them will collapse. Example: Quake3.utx - there are two maps which have their own texture incompatible each-other because of this Quake stupid dumbness. With the price of a new mismatch I mixed both versions into another texture package, and from now on I'm capable to run both maps in the same server - saying both maps EDITED because they weren't so smart after all... ALL maps provided last time here with such a "quake" package will USE My FILE and NOT what is coming with said archives. And NO, these cannot be conformed with anything because of their different structure, they use other texture blocks and names so conforming textures stays at dreaming stage as long as player with missing texture blocks won't render those missing textures and I have doubts to see some native stuff solving this problem happily developed by sudden "mappers".
esnesi
Godlike

Post by esnesi »

Exactly that Sektor! ^^
Barbie wrote:So you perhaps want a file mismatch checker?
:agree1: !
I should've said: "if they are dependable of the same fileNAME."

WIth this feature it would be a nice quick way to check all loaded servermaps with if they result into mismatches.
Second step is indeed editing/rebuild these maps/files so they can be both run in the same server environment.

edit, @dizzy, i was hoping/assuming you were creating something like this as i saw:
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=12778
But i understand you never managed to get a working source.

I can imagine you face similar issues with those thousands of BT Maps. :lol:
Dizzy
Experienced
Personal rank: Oaf

Post by Dizzy »

Sorry esnesi, I didn't develop any tool like this, and it wouldn't be easy to do so.

I don't know how UT detects mismatches. Ideally it would store a hash of each dependency file inside the .unr and compare that hash to the files on the user's system. Another way would be to run through every texture / sound / music / etc. in a map and ensure the client has files containing textures / sounds etc. which at least match by name.
Join the BunnyTrack.net Discord chat server: https://www.bunnytrack.net/discord
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Probably an advanced programing solution would be doing a scan to UNR map regarding to actors used outside of MyLevel, and testing a Dynamicload of them. If this "dynamic-load" fails, package is definitely wrong and has missing classes/textures/whatever.

The first and very basic solution is opening map in Editor. That thing it's crashing if something goes wrong and does a LOG, it's how I test stuff before doing rammed public servers.
esnesi
Godlike

Post by esnesi »

i found what i needed! \o/
Damn useful for checking a bulk of maps.
https://github.com/stefankueng/grepWin/ ... /tag/1.9.2
Attachments
MmBahJp.png
Last edited by esnesi on Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Interesting find. Gonna leave a few things highlighted here.

So far it seems to be good, just have to tweak around the wording to search for.
city.utx scan displays this.
city.utx scan displays this.
This one shows it works displaying maps using the name but when I tried to search with the .umx extensions it doesn't show up.
This one shows it works displaying maps using the name but when I tried to search with the .umx extensions it doesn't show up.
Note: This may not show the map's matching requirement of the file if you have one that shows matching of the filename to the map BUT you can do a manual test and see if it runs with the map or not... unless I'm missing something here from that program.
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Chamberly wrote:This one shows it works displaying maps using the name but when I tried to search with the .umx extensions it doesn't show up.
Packages within maps don't reference file extensions/file names specifically. The map will "import" a package called "Forgone", regardless of extension. Extensions are only used to organise things in your file browser, the engine does not actually use them after loading them.

You should search for dependencies using their base filename (eg "Slums", not "Slums.utx").
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
esnesi
Godlike

Post by esnesi »

ah! i see i forgot to filter on all file sizes indeed.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Shrimp wrote:
Chamberly wrote:This one shows it works displaying maps using the name but when I tried to search with the .umx extensions it doesn't show up.
Packages within maps don't reference file extensions/file names specifically. The map will "import" a package called "Forgone", regardless of extension. Extensions are only used to organise things in your file browser, the engine does not actually use them after loading them.

You should search for dependencies using their base filename (eg "Slums", not "Slums.utx").
Interesting. Well some things that gets called like it's supposed to be a texture, will show up in an error box if it's missing a piece or so at least. Haven't seen an error from music file because it's any size from offline mode where correct file hash doesn't matter.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

OFF-line not a single time I replaced some annoying music with a stock copied-renamed and I did not see any error because of default LOGIC: class EXIST, problem comes when certain class from a package doesn't exist. And this was exactly that problem with previously said Quake.utx spread in various versions with different textures and textures are classes/objects too after all.
On-Line is a matter of server vs player content... but if a Map X is requiring a texture which is nowhere it won't run map, I think a sound missing returns some error but textures and actors missing will collapse.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Chamberly wrote:
testscan2.PNG
.umx is in the Music folder. The path in the top (search scope I guess) points to Maps. What you did was grep (search) every map for any hits of the substring "Foregone" in the binary data, and you found those.

grep is actually a Linux tool:

Code: Select all

gustavo6046@gustavo6046-debian ~/Projects/ZetaBot
 % egrep -rnw '/d/Jogos/UnrealTournament/Maps/' -e 'Foregone' 
Binary file /d/Jogos/UnrealTournament/Maps/CTF-U4E-Deathtrap.unr matches
Binary file /d/Jogos/UnrealTournament/Maps/DM-Malevolence.unr matches
Binary file /d/Jogos/UnrealTournament/Maps/DM-Biosource.unr matches
Binary file /d/Jogos/UnrealTournament/Maps/CTF-Darji16.unr matches
Binary file /d/Jogos/UnrealTournament/Maps/CTF-Face][.unr matches
Binary file /d/Jogos/UnrealTournament/Maps/CTF-EternalCave.unr matches
Binary file /d/Jogos/UnrealTournament/Maps/CTF-FacePalm.unr matches
Binary file /d/Jogos/UnrealTournament/Maps/CTF-Face.unr matches
Binary file /d/Jogos/UnrealTournament/Maps/DM-SpaceNoxx.unr matches
gustavo6046@gustavo6046-debian ~/Projects/ZetaBot
 % 
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction