DM-FreewayTunnel (Release)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Re: DM-FreewayTunnel (Release)

Post by FraGnBraG »

Barbie wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:41 am
FraGnBraG wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:47 amDM-MementoMori (not sure if I spelled that right) where the mapper has placed DOM points. So, if you copy and then rename the DM file to DOM-MementoMori then load it in UT it will play as a DOM.
Have you tried that? Because I took an Assault map (AS-Canyon.unr), removed LevelInfo.DefaultGametype and started that: it runs as a deathmatch map now. So the file name seems not relevant - of course the usage of map vote or other mutators may change that.
yes i did demonstrate that - in fact - I took those two screenshots (the DM, DOM) from the same spot in the both the DM, and the "renamed" DOM map. I also recall (back-in-the-day) around 99/2000, following a discussion by someone from Epic about bot pathing and the fact you can have DOM maps functioning as DM maps, and the key was to NOT set the gametype to either DM or DOM.
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Hmm, there must be something special with that map... Where can I download it?
FraGnBraG wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:09 amyou can have DOM maps functioning as DM maps, and the key was to NOT set the gametype to either DM or DOM.
I claim that a map of any game type runs as DM regardless of the file name if you leave out DefaultGameType. At least my UT behaviours in this way.

On the other hand it should be possible to force a specific game type for map with the command line parameter "game=(set game type here)" in UCC.EXE. Obviously the map will not run proper if the game type specific actors are missing (e.g. flags in CTF).
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
BadCorps
Experienced
Personal rank: Unholy

Post by BadCorps »

Loved it, didn't seem too different from the BETA3, but good. Great layout and diversity of scenery.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

Barbie wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:36 pm Hmm, there must be something special with that map... Where can I download it?
FraGnBraG wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:09 amyou can have DOM maps functioning as DM maps, and the key was to NOT set the gametype to either DM or DOM.
I claim that a map of any game type runs as DM regardless of the file name if you leave out DefaultGameType. At least my UT behaviours in this way.

On the other hand it should be possible to force a specific game type for map with the command line parameter "game=(set game type here)" in UCC.EXE. Obviously the map will not run proper if the game type specific actors are missing (e.g. flags in CTF).
might be good to take the conversation to a new thread rather than mess up this map release thread... perhaps start a new one called "ut map launching process" so we can explore that...

@Novaean sorry for the off-topic!!
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Novaeon
Average

Post by Novaeon »

Hey no worries!

@BadCorps thanks!
Tyr
Skilled

Post by Tyr »

Tried it. The general layout is great. Some areas are a bit narrow so you get stuck sometimes at a corner if you try to escape. Texturing is good. A higher resolution texture would add some value to synergize with the lighting. Some areas could have some more detail but all in all it's well done.

Good work. :tu:
Released:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, loved it too - great fun to play - works well with CounterStrike weapons. :gj: