UT99Sound_Q3Sarge :: Voices of Sarge Lucy and some others are now in UT99...

External tools, software and sites for creating or editing UT99 resources.
3anon
Novice

UT99Sound_Q3Sarge :: Voices of Sarge Lucy and some others are now in UT99...

Post by 3anon »

Hello to all. Its me again.
Sometimes I play Quake 3, compared to UT, Quake has funnier sounds, although probably not
- it seems so, I replaced some of the sounds with the voices of Sarge, Lusy, you can have fun.
To return back the original sound, run the program again.
Yes. The UT version must be 451.
Last edited by papercoffee on Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: deleted the download because of missmatch possibility
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: UT99Sound_Q3Sarge :: Voices of Sarge Lucy and some others are now in UT99...

Post by papercoffee »

What program?
sn260591
Average

Re: UT99Sound_Q3Sarge :: Voices of Sarge Lucy and some others are now in UT99...

Post by sn260591 »

Exe file without source code? No, thanks :lol2:
Spoiler
_.png
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Does this really need an .exe? Why not just provide the .aux file so that it can be installed manually.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

3anon wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:01 am To return back the original sound, run the program again.
Yes. The UT version must be 451.
So this exe file changes the default voice-packs of a vanilla UT install.

That's a No-Go.

I removed the download.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

papercoffee wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:03 pm So this exe file changes the default voice-packs of a vanilla UT install.
That's the problem - we don't know what the .exe replaces. Probably not the voice packs (there isn't a problem with changing the voice packs per se) but more likely some of the announcer sounds or possibly death/injury sounds. There isn't a problem with replacing the announcer sounds either, provided it is done properly and a .uax file with a unique name is used.
3anon
Novice

Post by 3anon »

Probably I didn’t create a topic there or it’s a little wrong ... Of course - Botpask rules it without compiling - this is a program as entertainment, and not a tool as you wish. Here you can see - experts check there - if you think that I wanted to slip a Trojan horse - no, no, and again no (I never did)!
https://www.gametracker.com/server_info ... 7977/blog/
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:32 pm
papercoffee wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:03 pm So this exe file changes the default voice-packs of a vanilla UT install.
That's the problem - we don't know what the .exe replaces. Probably not the voice packs (there isn't a problem with changing the voice packs per se) but more likely some of the announcer sounds or possibly death/injury sounds. There isn't a problem with replacing the announcer sounds either, provided it is done properly and a .uax file with a unique name is used.
I'm not concerned about changing voice-packs via a mod or mutator...
To return back the original sound, run the program again.
I'm concerned about this sentence.
That's why I want an answer first.
3anon wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:43 pm Probably I didn’t create a topic there or it’s a little wrong ... Of course - Botpask rules it without compiling - this is a program as entertainment, and not a tool as you wish. Here you can see - experts check there - if you think that I wanted to slip a Trojan horse - no, no, and again no (I never did)!
https://www.gametracker.com/server_info ... 7977/blog/
You uploaded something from unknowncheats.me?
Nope, we don't want to have content from there in our forum.