medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Last Post Standing, the sequel

Post by papercoffee »

JimmyCognitti wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:36 am Image
It's nice that you see me as one of my favorite character of that show.

To answer your question... I have the keys.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

Hello friends, I understand that the name of this topic is a reference to the last man standing, which is very fitting given the theme of this forum, yet I cannot help but be dumbfounded by the existence of a thread where there is pretty much no topic of discussion and no discussion to speak of except the persistance of the thread itself and where moderators, especially ones who are known to be avidly enforcing quasi universal rules such as no double posts and no flooding, that is no posting for posting's sake, are actually actively engaged in doing just that, posting for the sake of it and posting about posting for the sake of it, and being in a generally good mood about something which would usually have them pop a blood vessel in the brain given the sheer audacity of everyone involved here at keeping the thread continuously active with piles upon piles of unjustifiable messages with no connection, as we can see most of them are simply pictures which are either vaguely funny or referencing the fact that this is a thread where the main goal is to be the last poster, a childish endeavour as there seems to be no definite limit on the number of pages and posts a topic can contain, except the size of the database that holds them, which I understand to be pretty much infinite relative to our human limitations, but I guess this thread also serves as a containment system to limit flooding and childishness which would maybe otherwise spill over to the rest of the forum and compromise the usual standard of conversation which we have grown accostumed too, however the fact that this does not contain the naive remarks and other quite shameful posts which might very well infect other discussions but instead contains mainly humorous images leads me to think that this actually becomes somewhat of a theme in itself as it has in a way developed a topic of its own through sheer repetition and length, so that a general direction to the posting has grown organically from the apparent chaos, which I think is a very interesting and ironic thought when you consider how aimless the thread originally was, nonetheless the fact that it all boils down to flooding pictures seems to me to be a waste as flooding can very well be accomplished with text and actually sentences, although it might require more dedication as letters on the page obviously take up less space and the simple idea of occupying ground seems to be paramount to most posters out there, which comes in my opinion from the fact that nobody wants to waste time writing full-length essays about what is essentially nothing, which I would consider a mistake because as the saying goes, the one-eyed man is king among the blind, and so in a thread where everyone posts short one-lines and quick responses or resorts to posting pictures, especially animated pictures, to be the one and only person ready to waste his time and brain-power typing for the sake of it in order to darken a page can be conceived as the most useless undertaking one might attempt, which speaks a lot coming from a thread full of useless posts all trying to be the last one, which is in itself a fruitless and vain undertaking but at least doesn't require one to develop callusses on his fingers from repeatedly hitting keys, and so I present to you a modest attempt at explaining how this thread is kept alive by sheer willpower when it really has nothing to offer, an explanation I have somehow alluded to a few lines above but which I will develop in a slightly, yet barely, longer form now, and this explanation can be divided into three parts which are first that this is indeed a containment for otherwise unavoidable flood which would have to be controlled the hard way by the moderating team, especially one, you all know who I am talking about here, but also, and this is my second part, because it helps keep a lifeline of activity in less lively periods of time when the game doesn't foster as much discussion, usually because most players are busy doing something else with their life, which I think is a gross mistake, or because simply nothing new has happened for a while, which is to be expected for such an old game as this one, and I will add a third and last point which I think makes the thread endearing and I hope most will agree, and that is that it simply exists because nobody feels the need to justify its existence as many people here have known each others for years, which stems from the age of the game, and so, like old high school friends or long-married couples, the simple act of being there and showing they're around is enough for others to be comfortable with the fact the game is not dead, and this is in a way a crude method to enjoy the company of others in the absence of significant topics of discussions, an idea which I believe makes this community quite friendly and at ease with itself, if I may formulate it this way, but I wouldn't want to bore most of you with further considerations and so, even though I doubt most have read the entire thing, my duty is to thank you all for your time and, if you have not been asphyxiated by reading this single very long sentence which seems to drag on endlessly with no end in sight, I believe you will be relieved when I finally offer you to put an end to it all with the punctuation mark you've been waiting for quite a while now, the final stop.
You must construct additional pylons.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Dude ...

Hellkeeper is the winner of this thread.

=Closed=
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

powerful!
that is how a single sentence should be wrote!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

You have all brought this upon yourself, I will swallow your souls and remove your heads so I may go bowling with them.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Nice try EvilGrins... but you can't beat Hellkeeper's post.
papercoffee wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:56 pm
=Closed=
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Ah, but I don't have to...
papercoffee wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:35 am Nice try EvilGrins... but you can't beat Hellkeeper's post.
papercoffee wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:56 pm =Closed=
...I only have to have the last post in the thread.
And, at this moment, I have.
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

t00t t00t. lazy king on chairs.....

I win again.
This member can only post when permitted.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Terraniux wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:31 pmI win again.
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Terraniux wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:36 pm Image
BadCorps
Experienced
Personal rank: Unholy

Post by BadCorps »

Keep beating the dead horse. I think it moved
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Terraniux wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:03 pm Image