==[ The 20th Anniversary Mapping Contest - 20AC ]==

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Re: ==[ The 20th Anniversary Mapping Contest - 20AC ]==

Post by Que »

@Novaeon I renamed your map accordingly; :shock:

I had to rename it to V2 because I had already renamed your last one to the correct DM-20AC-prefix I think..
and didn't want the dreaded //MisMatch// error for clients.
*Also uploaded to Server both maps for testing online..

I must add that this is so Far my 💥Favorite DM-Map💥 in the Competition! have set to Default Map for the DM-Series!

I keep looking for Mr Anderson!.. but he probably got Arrested so no worries.

*But I did have a 🔨Smashing Good-time🔨 in there.
although my DoubleJump couldn't quite reach the "Yellow Thinggy' my Hammer did!

*Excuse the Questionable folder it's for Maps I had problems with.. (1)
:noidea

@Chamberly Thanks M8 , I do my best :idea:
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Until the chapter with the renaming, there would be some interesting and beautiful things to apply.
The "HealthPack1" item can have access paths without any tools (no ImpactHammer, no UT_JumpBoots, no Translocator - unless it's used in game setup), on the other hand any valid path at the UDamage at least using Translocator could be done without problems. Shortly ALL items can be taken, even if some of them are a heavy task for Bots.
As for technical execution, Nova.utx it's no longer required for loading map.
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

Awaiting to final deadline to put this another mappack as new addtion for better localization
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13529&p=114382#p114382 (--> first post)

It seems could be a few maps still not listed here so Ill wait for them :)
Novaeon
Average

Post by Novaeon »

sektor2111 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:33 am Until the chapter with the renaming, there would be some interesting and beautiful things to apply.
The "HealthPack1" item can have access paths without any tools (no ImpactHammer, no UT_JumpBoots, no Translocator - unless it's used in game setup), on the other hand any valid path at the UDamage at least using Translocator could be done without problems. Shortly ALL items can be taken, even if some of them are a heavy task for Bots.
As for technical execution, Nova.utx it's no longer required for loading map.
I'm pretty confused by this. There are several textures from the Nova.utx package I'm using :?:
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Final 24 hours to submit any contest map fixes and bonus maps, starting NOW!

Please make sure that all the bugs are fixed, all the files are in the zips and the credits are in the readmes.

Thank you all very much! :thuup:
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

Should I add a version suffix if I add some fixes?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Novaeon wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:18 am I'm pretty confused by this. There are several textures from the Nova.utx package I'm using :?:
Nova.zip
(2.3 MiB) Downloaded 22 times
As long as I DO HAVE ALREADY a package with this name, said map should have textures from elsewhere or MyLevel. I don't get why do I need to see which map loaded in my server-dev will get screwed because this Nova.utx is different from the other Nova.utx - or this map could not run with old texture - and then textures won't match internal structure between each-other. For making possible functionality of both maps I have to mix all together and doing ANOTHER package or else this map and other one won't run in the same install with prior version. I think at UT99.org was already recommended to stop this practice and using other names than GENERIC ones which anyone can use.
Right now I need only NovaOffice.utx texture and nothing else.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Myth wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:35 pm Should I add a version suffix if I add some fixes?
Some servers already are hosting the maps, so to avoid any mismatches, yeah, would be nice. :highfive:
KillRoy1972
Experienced

Post by KillRoy1972 »

So I found i minor error in the (bonus) map (laser sign on the wall) that was overlapped by the wall in somehow..

Fixed it in this 2nd version..

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13410
Last edited by KillRoy1972 on Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

well thats it. no map from me. ran out of time to do mapping and the map needs a good 10-20 more hours to be of acceptible quality. i'm on holidays into January so good chance i'll release it then. no big loss, anyways - there's plenty of decent maps in the comp and pack that i see... hope to get a chance to play them now. well, i likely won't be back until after christmas...

Have a safe and happy holidays folks!

Cheers
fnb
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Novaeon
Average

Post by Novaeon »

sektor2111 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:52 pm
Novaeon wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:18 am I'm pretty confused by this. There are several textures from the Nova.utx package I'm using :?:
Nova.zip
As long as I DO HAVE ALREADY a package with this name, said map should have textures from elsewhere or MyLevel. I don't get why do I need to see which map loaded in my server-dev will get screwed because this Nova.utx is different from the other Nova.utx - or this map could not run with old texture - and then textures won't match internal structure between each-other. For making possible functionality of both maps I have to mix all together and doing ANOTHER package or else this map and other one won't run in the same install with prior version. I think at UT99.org was already recommended to stop this practice and using other names than GENERIC ones which anyone can use.
Right now I need only NovaOffice.utx texture and nothing else.
What? So we can't update our texture packages as we're working on levels and release betas or what? Because that's the mismatch; you're using incomplete versions of the package from beta versions of my maps. If you get the final version of FreewayTunnel, that's the only package that should matter, as that's the same one I used in the final version of CorporateOffice. If you're mixing and matching packages to get it working, you've done something wrong.

Also, you sharing that file is just making the problem bigger.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Novaeon wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:37 pm What? So we can't update our texture packages as we're working on levels and release betas or what? Because that's the mismatch; you're using incomplete versions of the package from beta versions of my maps. If you get the final version of FreewayTunnel, that's the only package that should matter, as that's the same one I used in the final version of CorporateOffice. If you're mixing and matching packages to get it working, you've done something wrong.
I can see your point about updating beta maps and packages - however, once you release a beta it is going to be 'out there' and available for people to download at all the well-know file repository sites, as well as possibly being used on servers. This may well, however unintentionally, lead to the circulation of texture packages with the same name but different contents, and hence give rise to mismatches. It is always advisable to use a different name for a texture package which you update (like Nova1.utx, Nova2.utx, etc), indeed a different name for any altered package, just as you alter the name of the map file to indicate that it is different.

Love CorporateOffice by the way and have played it a lot :gj:
swiftshade
Novice

Post by swiftshade »

This should be my final version for the map pack unless I or someone else finds any more bugs.

I knew the fog might be a bit laggy, but I assumed most players played with volumetric turned off so I didn't think it would be a big issue. I set fog to false on all of the zone info's for now, but the light actors with the volumetric lighting are still there.

I also added a little ramp to connect the minigun and armor areas.

Other miner fixes:
Did some texture alignments I missed.
Changed all the lifts to "StandOpenTimed" (I completely forgot about this)
Fixed a small BSP hole near the jump boots
DM-20AC-CrypticDungeonV2.zip
(5.91 MiB) Downloaded 52 times
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Novaeon wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:37 pm Also, you sharing that file is just making the problem bigger.
I ain't shared anything as long as I can see here Multiple versions of the same named files - I don't even want to overwrite what I have already. Testing such instances for me might be ended here - I have no reasons to make a files soup, if it's hard to use MyLevel, then I look for other maps. I've added tens of Megabytes in my MyLevel-s with no problems if textures are Used at walls. So far I have a Nova.utx working with all maps which I have, that's all here. I understand if you don't want more files, but for textures, the story is nasty if an admin has no clue which version is for what map.
swiftshade wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:18 pm This should be my final version for the map pack unless I or someone else finds any more bugs.
Mmm... well, this one does look like a MAP. Greetings !
Interesting design, a good paths optimization (even if it's still default method) I think will go to public servers after some tests. I like when I can use something untouched.
Novaeon
Average

Post by Novaeon »

sektor2111 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:04 pm I ain't shared anything as long as I can see here Multiple versions of the same named files - I don't even want to overwrite what I have already. Testing such instances for me might be ended here - I have no reasons to make a files soup, if it's hard to use MyLevel, then I look for other maps. I've added tens of Megabytes in my MyLevel-s with no problems if textures are Used at walls. So far I have a Nova.utx working with all maps which I have, that's all here. I understand if you don't want more files, but for textures, the story is nasty if an admin has no clue which version is for what map.
It's really simple, use the version of Nova.utx from the final version of FreewayTunnel or CorporateOffice, it's literally the same file. Any other version you've gotten from a BETA, meaning it was incomplete at the time. I really don't understand what the problem with this is!